Ruth Bader Ginsburg wants an all-female Supreme Court

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2015, 06:44 PM
RE: Ruth Bader Ginsburg wants an all-female Supreme Court
Quote:What purpose would that serve?

Maybe we would see something different than the fucking bullshit we get from these bullshit artists throughout history?

Who knows? Worth a shot.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2015, 07:11 PM
(08-02-2015 05:18 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 05:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yeah, Maggie Thatcher did a bang-up job. Thumbsup

Yabbut Maggie was more masculine than 95% of the men in Parliament.

Technically correct, since Parliament includes the Lords.
Rolleyes

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
08-02-2015, 07:15 PM
(07-02-2015 05:41 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(07-02-2015 05:25 PM)cactus Wrote:  http://cnsnews.com/news/article/justice-...reme-court

I don't agree. The point of affirmative action is to to try to make representation more equal, not to swing far in the opposite direction to "balance out" an injustice that happened in the past. You need to admit that it was a problem and then attempt to keep it fairly balanced and diverse going forward (well, as balanced as you can with a odd number of judges).

I hope this isn't too much of a false equivalency, but to me it's kind of like saying "Well, black people didn't used to be able to vote, so now we should make it so white people can't vote, just for a while, to balance out the past injustice."

I don't think she means that specifically.

What she is saying throughout most of the history of the supreme court the justices were all men and no one thought anything about it.

No one thought to question it.

Times they are a changing...

Indeed. While we might say, all else being equal, the odds of a given gender for a given position would be 50/50 (or, okay, fine, 51/49), that would leave a 9-0 split on the order of 1 in 500. And yet somehow for 200 years it maintained that perfect 9-0 split - to say nothing of other representational inequalities, so far as faith, ethnicity, etc were considered...

I'm sure there're some fuckwits going "lol feminazi" on this sort of comment, but who gives a shit?

... this is my signature!
08-02-2015, 07:18 PM
Well, for a long time here in the land of the free women couldn't vote, own property, etc. So, you couldn't expect them to worry their pretty little heads about complicated things like law, could you?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
09-02-2015, 09:00 AM
Depends on the how they get on there really. If they get there the normal way and the court becomes all female then that is fine, but if it required affirmative action then that is just bullshit.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
09-02-2015, 10:13 AM
Well, then we have a problem because we ask know women and minorities only ever advance due to affirmative action.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost