Ruthless Yahweh - How Yahweh is not moral(NSFW, gore)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2015, 09:30 PM
RE: Ruthless Yahweh - How Yahweh is not moral(NSFW, gore)
Quote:Alla Wrote: ]God of OT doesn't ask us to follow that moral compass. God had people who were not ready for higher morals. He had to deal with what He had.
[/quote]

All right, all right: let me rephrase myself: we can not use the moral compass of the Jewish people as can be learned from the Old Testament.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2015, 09:36 AM
(14-10-2015 09:30 PM)WillemRM Wrote:  All right, all right: let me rephrase myself: we can not use the moral compass of the Jewish people as can be learned from the Old Testament.

No, we can't because those were different times: different cultures, different life conditions, different traditions.

It is not fair for men who live in the 21st century to judge those who lived thousands years ago.
We can not understand them, they wouldn't be able to understand us if they could travel to the future.
In those times people had to survive, enemies were everywhere. They did what they could to survive.
Wars, slavery are evil things but those were the things that they understood.

By the way, there are many things in OT books that we can learn from in 21st century - good moral things.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
17-10-2015, 01:51 AM
Quote:By the way, there are many things in OT books that we can learn from in 21st century - good moral things.
[/quote]

Those are thoroughly distiilled and processed by now by modern humanist thinkers and philosophers, scholars and teachers in ethics.
Most people will do fine following the advices in
Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free To Wear Sunscreen (with lyrics)
(to be found on you tube).