oh, SC...Facepalm

edit: Here's a link with more details than the previous
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...-1.1805616

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2014, 09:10 AM
RE: SC Bible College President- Forced labor
You just keep providing me with more reasons to never move back there.

Husband mentions the possibility now and then...I'm thinking he would be going back alone.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Charlotte sits really close to the border (10 miles). We had considered moving across the state line (cheaper taxes, bigger houses, etc). And my husbands's commute time would remain about the same. Fort Mill schools are in SC, just across the border-and are supposed to be high ranking---but dammit---that state just scares me with the amount of stupid.

edit; NC isnt miles ahead, but is a step or two better

26-05-2014, 09:19 AM
A high ranking school in SC isn't saying much - just sayin'.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-05-2014, 09:21 AM
(26-05-2014 09:19 AM)Anjele Wrote:  A high ranking school in SC isn't saying much - just sayin'.

Thumbsup

They are atypical for the state, LOL

26-05-2014, 09:51 AM
Man, ya just gotta love those goofy,fun lovin christians.... Dodgy

Well, one thing is, he wont be finding jebus in jail, he already found him.... good job jebus ! Thumbsup

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
26-05-2014, 09:54 AM
Makes me wonder why someone would spend all that money to travel abroad and study at a Mickey mouse university. Unless the foreign students were just wanting to find a way to move to America to find work and the university was exploiting this.
26-05-2014, 10:00 AM
(26-05-2014 09:54 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Makes me wonder why someone would spend all that money to travel abroad and study at a Mickey mouse university. Unless the foreign students were just wanting to find a way to move to America to find work and the university was exploiting this.

They were probably lured to the school to learn to spread the word back in their home country. Chances are they were offered it at little to no expense. These religions have to find ways to find others to go out and preach.

26-05-2014, 10:08 AM
(26-05-2014 10:00 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 09:54 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Makes me wonder why someone would spend all that money to travel abroad and study at a Mickey mouse university. Unless the foreign students were just wanting to find a way to move to America to find work and the university was exploiting this.

They were probably lured to the school to learn to spread the word back in their home country. Chances are they were offered it at little to no expense. These religions have to find ways to find others to go out and preach.

Further evidence in my mind that organised religion is at heart no different from a corporation. I can't help but notice a similarity between corporate hierarchies and Ponzi schemes. And it's the same in this case. So I suppose some of the students might have been from third world countries who saw it as an opportunity to lift themselves out of poverty but found themselves exploited instead.
26-05-2014, 10:26 AM
(26-05-2014 10:08 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 10:00 AM)Anjele Wrote:  They were probably lured to the school to learn to spread the word back in their home country. Chances are they were offered it at little to no expense. These religions have to find ways to find others to go out and preach.

Further evidence in my mind that organised religion is at heart no different from a corporation. I can't help but notice a similarity between corporate hierarchies and Ponzi schemes. And it's the same in this case. So I suppose some of the students might have been from third world countries who saw it as an opportunity to lift themselves out of poverty but found themselves exploited instead.

I would say that pretty much sums it up.