SC Cop and the girl who recorded the video

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Or do what this cop did to diffuse disruptive school kids.

http://www.attn.com/stories/3894/dc-cop-...influencer

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
29-10-2015, 05:19 PM
RE: SC Cop and the girl who recorded the video
(29-10-2015 05:14 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Desk should be on wheels so you can just roll them out, also remote control with preset destinations so the teacher can push a button and the desk would drive to the principles office.

Haha, perish the thought. The fun we would have had with desks on wheels....Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
29-10-2015, 05:20 PM
(29-10-2015 05:19 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 05:14 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Desk should be on wheels so you can just roll them out, also remote control with preset destinations so the teacher can push a button and the desk would drive to the principles office.

Haha, perish the thought. The fun we would have had with desks on wheels....Tongue

We have them at UConn and they are a bit of a pain and hell on the walls. But it would make removal of sleeping students easier too Thumbsup

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
29-10-2015, 05:23 PM
(29-10-2015 04:52 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I don't think they called in the police for the cell phone violation.

Didn't have to call no one. The school was his duty station.

(29-10-2015 05:14 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Also, as pointed out by a teacher friend of mine, it doesn't appear that a counselor or school psychologist was called in to intervene before the cop was. That *should* have been the proper direction to try first when you have a nonviolent student disrupting class.

Dude doubled as school counselor.

#sigh
29-10-2015, 05:25 PM
(29-10-2015 05:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 05:14 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Also, as pointed out by a teacher friend of mine, it doesn't appear that a counselor or school psychologist was called in to intervene before the cop was. That *should* have been the proper direction to try first when you have a nonviolent student disrupting class.

Dude doubled as school counselor.

Oh...oh...oh wow No

-Rick
29-10-2015, 05:28 PM
(29-10-2015 04:52 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I don't think they called in the police for the cell phone violation. That is a stretch. She was asked to put her phone away. She refused. Repeatedly. She was asked to leave and report to the office. She refused. Repeatedly. The principal or some higher up showed up and asked her to leave. She refused. Repeatedly. Then the police were called in. How many chances do we give people? How long should they be allowed to disrupt the class? I say she had plenty of opportunities.

She did not refuse repeated requests to put the phone away. She didn't put it away quickly enough and the teacher got mad. She did refuse to leave despite repeated requests. So what? Again, she could have been dealt with without touching her. Let her sit there and then give her detention or something. The idea that somehow violence was in anyway warranted is ridiculous. She's a child, not a criminal.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 5 users Like BnW's post
29-10-2015, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 29-10-2015 05:39 PM by GirlyMan.)
(29-10-2015 05:25 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 05:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Dude doubled as school counselor.

Oh...oh...oh wow No

Hey it's South Carolina. Blame it on budget cuts. They cut the education budget almost as most as any state. We dun need no edumacationalbes. Wo don need co brain control. GO GAMECOCKS!

(Apologies to Bows & Arrows.)

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-10-2015, 05:35 PM
(29-10-2015 05:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 05:25 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Oh...oh...oh wow No

Hey it's South Carolina. Blame it on budget cuts. They cut the education budget almost as most as any state. We dun need no edumacationalbes. Wo don need co brain control. GO GAMECOCKS!

(Bows & Arrows not included.)

The depth of absurdity of this whole thing is apparently bottomless.

-Rick
29-10-2015, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 29-10-2015 05:40 PM by GirlyMan.)
(29-10-2015 05:28 PM)BnW Wrote:  She did not refuse repeated requests to put the phone away. She didn't put it away quickly enough and the teacher got mad. She did refuse to leave despite repeated requests. So what? Again, she could have been dealt with without touching her.

Following your earlier suggestion, I would've said "Okay class. Let's go outside and finish class in the park. Leave your books here."

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-10-2015, 05:49 PM
(29-10-2015 04:52 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 04:44 PM)BnW Wrote:  Force could be used in every case. It doesn't make it reasonable, necessary, justified or moral.

Do you really want to live in a world where armed guards are authorized to forcibly remove 15 year old girls from a classroom because they violated the school cell phone policy? Is that really where we are now? Is there really an acceptable level of violence for what she did?

What kills me about this is some of the same people who think this is acceptable also want to blame video games for our violent society. Maybe the problem is our government deals with its citizens violently and they react and learn in kind.

I don't think they called in the police for the cell phone violation. That is a stretch. She was asked to put her phone away. She refused. Repeatedly. She was asked to leave and report to the office. She refused. Repeatedly. The principal or some higher up showed up and asked her to leave. She refused. Repeatedly. Then the police were called in. How many chances do we give people? How long should they be allowed to disrupt the class? I say she had plenty of opportunities.

You don't call the police. Sorry. It's not the solution. Yes she had opportunities, but so did the adults. I expect kids to be kids and adults to be adults.

You can, if needed, call the parent or guardian and/or remove the students to another classroom. Generally schools have more than one classroom. Sometimes kids just don't want to seem like they're giving up to their peers. Removing the peers helps. This way also it minimizes an ongoing disruption. You think calling out the kid several times, calling the principal and eventually the police isn't more a disruption????

If the child does turn violent and the parent/guardian can't help or calm them down, then perhaps the only solution is to call the police.

As a parent with a special needs kid, you learn many techniques that anyone would benefit from....but what really shocks me is that people in the schools who are actually supposed to be qualified to deal with ALL kids, act like they had no choice.

That's bullshit.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post