SC Cop and the girl who recorded the video

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2015, 05:54 PM
RE: SC Cop and the girl who recorded the video
(29-10-2015 05:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 05:28 PM)BnW Wrote:  She did not refuse repeated requests to put the phone away. She didn't put it away quickly enough and the teacher got mad. She did refuse to leave despite repeated requests. So what? Again, she could have been dealt with without touching her.

Following your earlier suggestion, I would've said "Okay class. Let's go outside and finish class in the park. Leave your books here."

Teachers are not at liberty to do that.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2015, 05:54 PM
(29-10-2015 04:47 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  My example is an example of what could happen if we let people get away with things just because they are going through bad times. Sigh forget it.

I hope you never have to suffer from mental illness. I really do.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-10-2015, 05:55 PM
SC Cop and the girl who recorded the video
(29-10-2015 05:54 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 05:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Following your earlier suggestion, I would've said "Okay class. Let's go outside and finish class in the park. Leave your books here."

Then another classroom or the library or the gym or an empty cafeteria.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
29-10-2015, 05:56 PM
(29-10-2015 05:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Following your earlier suggestion, I would've said "Okay class. Let's go outside and finish class in the park. Leave your books here."

My teachers used to do it all the time. Just because it was a nice day. Different times.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-10-2015, 05:56 PM (This post was last modified: 29-10-2015 06:02 PM by JDog554.)
(29-10-2015 05:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 04:47 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  My example is an example of what could happen if we let people get away with things just because they are going through bad times. Sigh forget it.

I hope you never have to suffer from mental illness. I really do.

I do, clinical depression. Also Anxiety but thank you for saying that.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
29-10-2015, 06:03 PM

Maybe not a park, but the school grounds are perfectly fine. Some even have a common area or a garden.

Depending on the class taking the students to another classroom or even library might be best.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-10-2015, 06:05 PM
(29-10-2015 05:56 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 05:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I hope you never have to suffer from mental illness. I really do.

I do, clinical depression.

Me too. Or rather major depressive disorder as the kids call it these days. If my organization didn't rally to my side when I was going through "bad times" and couldn't get out of bed I would be another statistic. Yes, they let me slide by paying me to stay in bed until I could work again. None of my colleagues felt slighted in the least. They realized "Hey we work for a very cool employer." Our motto is "People First". Your empathy needs work.

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-10-2015, 06:06 PM
(29-10-2015 05:56 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 05:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I hope you never have to suffer from mental illness. I really do.

I do, clinical depression. Also Anxiety but thank you for saying that.

Hug

Depression is a horrible thing to deal with. It messes with your mind and can cloud your judgment.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-10-2015, 06:08 PM
(29-10-2015 06:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 05:56 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I do, clinical depression.

Me too. Or rather major depressive disorder as the kids call it these days. If my organization didn't rally to my side when I was going through "bad times" and couldn't get out of bed I would be another statistic. Yes, they let me slide by paying me to stay in bed until I could work again. None of my colleagues felt slighted. They realized "Hey we work for a very cool employer." Our motto is "People First". Your empathy needs work.

You're right, I need a lot of work on many things.

(29-10-2015 06:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 05:56 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I do, clinical depression. Also Anxiety but thank you for saying that.

Hug

Depression is a horrible thing to deal with. It messes with your mind and can cloud your judgment.

Runs in the family, my mother has it, my brother was lucky enough to escape from it but not me.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
29-10-2015, 06:17 PM
(29-10-2015 04:18 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Where are they going to go if they walk away or don't cooperate? Follow them. Talk to them. But being aggressive is only going to elicit an aggressive response.

Well, everybody, not only the non violent offenders could use a walking buddy who is also a good story teller.
I imagine a police report :
"I saw a pickpocket taking a wallet from some person, as I approached him , he tried to run away, and I ran after him. When he got tired and stopped I engaged him in a serious conversation as we walked trough the park ( park is beautiful this time of year, you should just see the colors) after he caught his breath.
I tried every approach but he refused to give the wallet back. When my shift ended we said our goodbyes after watching the sunset together.

p.s.

I hope I'll catch him pickpocketing again, he had most beautiful eyes and is very knowledgeable about horoscope , he immediately guessed I was a sagittarius. "

On a serious note, cop is waaaaaay out of line.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post