SC-- can't make this shit up….does this qualify as a Darwin award?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2014, 06:08 AM
RE: SC-- can't make this shit up….does this qualify as a Darwin award?
It only qualifies for a Darwin Award if the guy hasn't reproduced yet. Otherwise it's only eligible for an Honorable Mention for preventing him from further reproducing. As Juv pointed out though, the guy may already have like 5 kids.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2014, 06:54 AM
(14-05-2014 06:56 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  http://bit.ly/RSqLGM

Deputies say an 18-year-old South Carolina woman is charged with involuntary manslaughter after a shot she fired at a friend in a bulletproof vest missed the vest and hit him in the heart.

Anderson County Sheriff's Lt. Shelia Cole says 25-year-old Blake Wardell found an old bulletproof vest around 2:45 a.m. Wednesday in a home in Honea Path, put it on and asked Taylor Kelly to shoot him.

Cole says Kelly fired a small-caliber handgun at the vest, but just missed. Authorities say the bullet went through the lining and into Wardell's heart.

Kelly faces up to five years in prison if convicted. She remains in the Anderson County jail awaiting a bond hearing. It wasn't known if she had a lawyer. A phone number for her was disconnected.

Doesn't qualify because he didn't do it to himself. If he had set up the gun in a vise and used a string to fire it with this result then he would have qualified. Not sure how much already having kids actually changes the interpretation.
15-05-2014, 06:56 AM
(15-05-2014 06:54 AM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  

Deputies say an 18-year-old South Carolina woman is charged with involuntary manslaughter after a shot she fired at a friend in a bulletproof vest missed the vest and hit him in the heart.

Anderson County Sheriff's Lt. Shelia Cole says 25-year-old Blake Wardell found an old bulletproof vest around 2:45 a.m. Wednesday in a home in Honea Path, put it on and asked Taylor Kelly to shoot him.

Cole says Kelly fired a small-caliber handgun at the vest, but just missed. Authorities say the bullet went through the lining and into Wardell's heart.

Kelly faces up to five years in prison if convicted. She remains in the Anderson County jail awaiting a bond hearing. It wasn't known if she had a lawyer. A phone number for her was disconnected.

Doesn't qualify because he didn't do it to himself. If he had set up the gun in a vise and used a string to fire it with this result then he would have qualified.

Uh, he put the vest on of his own accord and told her to shoot him... I'd say he bears a good portion of the responsibility for his own death.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
15-05-2014, 06:56 AM
At least it's not Louisiana this time.

[Image: RHcn6pd.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
15-05-2014, 07:59 AM

I don't really see how they can or even should convict her. What goes on between consenting adults....
He asked her to shoot him so she shot him. Where's the crime there?
I don't think we should punish the stupid. They have it hard enough. Besides a bottle of glass cleaner looks like blueberry drink.
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
15-05-2014, 08:00 AM
Okay, maybe not jail, but do you really want her out walking around without a keeper?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
15-05-2014, 08:03 AM
(15-05-2014 07:59 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  

I don't really see how they can or even should convict her. What goes on between consenting adults....
He asked her to shoot him so she shot him. Where's the crime there?
I don't think we should punish the stupid. They have it hard enough. Besides a bottle of glass cleaner looks like blueberry drink.

I agree with you in principal about punishing people for being stupid, but when their stupidity causes the death of another person, it is criminal stupidity.

She should be punished. I don't care if the guy consented to being shot at, she should be expected to know that that's a fucking retarded idea and held accountable for agreeing to it.

15-05-2014, 08:04 AM
She might have said something insightful like....... No ! Drinking Beverage

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 4 users Like War Horse's post
15-05-2014, 08:06 AM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2014 08:17 AM by Anjele.)
A girl from Honea Path probably has handled guns before and knew the potential outcome.

My husband agrees, from that area...Meth was probably involved.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
15-05-2014, 09:00 AM
You cannot fix stupid.

For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside,
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive -- Badlands; Bruce Springsteen