SCOTUS Scores Again!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2016, 12:23 PM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2016 05:44 PM by Heatheness.)
SCOTUS Scores Again!
The refused to here the case of whiny pharmacists who don't want to sell bc drugs because gawd.

Too bad assholes, do your job or gtfo!

Another happy dance . Banana_zorro

Edit: Here are the links.

http://www.protectthyneighbor.org/posts/...exemptions

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/polit.../85055602/

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like Heatheness's post
28-06-2016, 12:41 PM
RE: SCOTUS Scores Again!
(28-06-2016 12:23 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  The refused to here the case of whiny pharmacists who don't want to sell bc drugs because gawd.

Do you have a link? Shy

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
28-06-2016, 12:49 PM
I will need to look into this more. I'm pretty sure that some pharmacies in my area stopped carrying opiates because the risk of armed robbery was too great. I think Costco might've done so as well because the extra security measures required were not cost effective. Was their refusal to consider it based on there is no need to consider this case because pharmacists can already refuse to carry certain drugs for a variety of reasons that don't include religious objections? There's no reason to inject religion into it?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
28-06-2016, 12:53 PM
(28-06-2016 12:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I will need to look into this more. I'm pretty sure that some pharmacies in my area stopped carrying opiates because the risk of armed robbery was too great. I think Costco might've done so as well because the extra security measures required were not cost effective. Was their refusal to consider it based on there is no need to consider this case because pharmacists can already refuse to carry certain drugs for a variety of reasons that don't include religious objections? There's no reason to inject religion into it?

Some pharmacists refuse to fill birth control pill perscriptions because of religious reasons, even though the woman has a doctor's note. Catholic pharmacists, I guess.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
28-06-2016, 01:08 PM
(28-06-2016 12:41 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 12:23 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  The refused to here the case of whiny pharmacists who don't want to sell bc drugs because gawd.

Do you have a link? Shy

My phone wouldn't let me grab it. I'll post it when I get home. Sorry.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
28-06-2016, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2016 01:32 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/polit.../85055602/

I think the three dissenting judges need to understand that using religion as an excuse to deny medications with or without a prescription by a doctor is a complete slippery slope to let all people make any sort of claim to get out of doing a job they've gone to college to do.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-06-2016, 01:31 PM
So it's basically another case of not letting one person's religious beliefs dictate how another person lives their life.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
28-06-2016, 01:31 PM
(28-06-2016 01:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/polit.../85055602/

I think I got the gist. .... but I'm often wrong. Since Plan B is already OTC and a pharmacy can't be required to stock it anymore than they can be compelled to stock Ace bandages, the case is moot. Yes? No?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
28-06-2016, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2016 05:41 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(28-06-2016 01:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 01:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/polit.../85055602/

I think I got the gist. .... but I'm often wrong. Since Plan B is already OTC and a pharmacy can't be required to stock it anymore than they can be compelled to stock Ace bandages, the case is moot. Yes? No?

It's a bit more than that. Many indivual pharmacists have refused to fill scripts for birth control pills for women too. Based on the idea that they cause a spontaneous abortion.

It's not that that they don't have them or access to them, it's that they refuse to give them to patents. Saying their belief overrides the patient's right.

Plan B is concerned moot because it's available without a prescription ETA: in many areas the patient must ask for it from the pharmacist, so if they refuse to hand it over, it can be just as problematic.

Oregon recently passed a law saying pharmacists can write their own prescriptions for birth control pills and give women a full year supply at once.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-06-2016, 01:37 PM
I can understand some pharmacies opting not to carry opioids for the reasons Girly mentioned - increased crime, etc.

There are some things you can only get at a compounding pharmacy so there are times when you can't get everything at every pharmacy...and that's okay. Compounding pharmacies offer quite specialized medications.

But when a pharmacist/pharmacy opts to not follow a doctor's orders for personal reasons, I have an issue.

I want the pharmacist to run a check to make sure no bad drug interactions are indicated. Then I want that pharmacist to communicate the concerns with the doctor. What I don't want is a third party deciding that I cannot get the medications my doctor feels that I need because their god or their moral code doesn't agree with it. Something these people who refuse to dispense oral contraceptives don't seem to factor in is that they are not always prescribed for the purpose of contraception. It's not their call to make.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post