SCOTUS bitch slaps Texas on abortion rights.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2016, 11:14 AM
RE: SCOTUS bitch slaps Texas on abortion rights.
(27-06-2016 11:09 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Those same clinics in tx (as well as other places) provided a host of services from Pap smears to prenatal care, STD screenings, etc., but because they also performed some abortions they were forced to undergo major renovations they simply couldn't afford. The government imposed this on them, knowing full well they couldn't meet their new standard and would be forced to close.

Many clinics weren't built as medical offices. Texas at one time had no problem with this at all.

Then somehow they decided that they needed to be surgery suites (as if a doctor's office is a surgery suite).

Because yanno those Pap smears require a completely sterile environment. Drinking Beverage

This decision is a huge step to undoing the damage done by completely faulty thinking.

The thinking wasn't faulty inasmuch as it had nothing to do with making anything "safer" it was all about closing places that dared to go against the conservative pro-lifers. The Pro life movement has shown it would rather have 1000 women die due to lack of treatment than have an abortion performed.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like Revenant77x's post
27-06-2016, 11:26 AM
(27-06-2016 10:32 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 09:07 AM)Vosur Wrote:  [Image: rA4nPK.jpg]

I'm a big fan of George Carlin, but I think he's dead wrong in this case. Claiming that prolifers hate women is as silly as claiming that atheists hate god. Here's the deal, we're all prolife, but we just draw the line at different places. Some people draw the line at conception, some draw it at the second trimester, some third, some draw the line at partial birth abortions, and some draw the line at infanticide. Vosur and Biker, prolifers are prolife for the exact same reason that you both oppose infanticide. To suggest otherwise makes you look like dumbfucks. And if you don't oppose infanticide, then we can go ahead and laugh you out of the room anyways.

There may be some prolifers who actually hate women, but they're probably as common as atheists who hate god. Also, Vosur, your cartoon seems to be the exact opposite of your conservative political views, unless you think that he government should feed us, cloth us, house us, take care of our medical needs, etc.....

Prolifers compartmentalize hate and love...until the baby is born then they shame women for being a sinner and not being able to take care of the child.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
27-06-2016, 11:27 AM
(27-06-2016 10:49 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I am obviously out of it. Ignore me.

Never mate...

[Image: 5223.gif]

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
27-06-2016, 11:37 AM
(27-06-2016 10:43 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Are you fools still arguing about guns in America? It's like arguing if there is grass on the ground.

Grow the fuck up.

I have this vision of you giving a drum lesson, then all of a sudden you turn you your student and tell them they aren’t holding the guitar properly. Laugh out load

Hope you feel better.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
27-06-2016, 12:05 PM
(27-06-2016 11:05 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  As a Texas woman, this makes me very happy!! Yay, SCOTUS! Heart

Wait? Don't tell me you live in that state and don't love sexism? You suck being a Texan. Oh BTW fuck the Cowboys. But that's a different subject.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Brian37's post
27-06-2016, 12:11 PM
Y'all posting this shit when I'm on my phone and can't easily reply... ..!..

Arrrgh!

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
27-06-2016, 12:58 PM
(27-06-2016 10:32 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 09:07 AM)Vosur Wrote:  [Image: rA4nPK.jpg]

I'm a big fan of George Carlin, but I think he's dead wrong in this case. Claiming that prolifers hate women is as silly as claiming that atheists hate god. Here's the deal, we're all prolife, but we just draw the line at different places. Some people draw the line at conception, some draw it at the second trimester, some third, some draw the line at partial birth abortions, and some draw the line at infanticide. Vosur and Biker, prolifers are prolife for the exact same reason that you both oppose infanticide. To suggest otherwise makes you look like dumbfucks. And if you don't oppose infanticide, then we can go ahead and laugh you out of the room anyways.

There may be some prolifers who actually hate women, but they're probably as common as atheists who hate god. Also, Vosur, your cartoon seems to be the exact opposite of your conservative political views, unless you think that he government should feed us, cloth us, house us, take care of our medical needs, etc.....
I agree with much of what you said, Matt. The idea of abortions, of killing unborn children, it disgusts and abhors me. I think it's morally wrong and I wish that we didn't have to perform a single one, but I'm also a pragmatist and a realist at heart. I don't see a point in banning abortions when the statistics show that a ban doesn't reduce their incidence and instead only serves to make the procedure more dangerous and unsanitary for the women who decide to get one in spite of the ban. The more effective approach seems to be to increase access to contraceptives so that more women can avoid unwanted pregnancies in the first place.

If I remember correctly, you also participated in the other abortion thread that I posted in, so you should know that I'm aware of the inaccuracy of George Carlin's statements when taken at face value (A number of researchers have shown, for example, that the majority of pro-life activists are college-educated women). As onlinebiker already pointed out, though, it's a piece of satire, its point exaggerated to absurd levels for the sake of comedic value, so it shouldn't be taken at face value by anyone. The same goes for the political cartoon I posted. It's just a piece of entertainment that contains a nugget of truth.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
27-06-2016, 01:16 PM
(27-06-2016 09:57 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 09:07 AM)Dom Wrote:  Whoa, why are you insulting the dog by even mentioning him in one sentence with Perry?

True. I apologize to dogs everywhere! Rick Perry is still a fucking asshole though.

Excuse me, ma'am, I'm from the Union of Concerned Assholes. I think you're being very unfair to us assholes by lumping Mr Perry with us.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
27-06-2016, 01:21 PM
(27-06-2016 11:07 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  In the eyes of a fundy
The unsuspecting thinker
Had better protect the truth
From the right

Cause the eyes of a fundy
Are upon you
Any thinking you do
They're gonna see

When you're in Texas
Look behind you
Cause thats where
The fundy's gonna be.

When have you ever been to Texas?

I've sneezed better poems than that.
27-06-2016, 01:51 PM
(27-06-2016 12:58 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I agree with much of what you said, Matt. The idea of abortions, of killing unborn children, it disgusts and abhors me. I think it's morally wrong and I wish that we didn't have to perform a single one, but I'm also a pragmatist and a realist at heart. I don't see a point in banning abortions when the statistics show that a ban doesn't reduce their incidence and instead only serves to make the procedure more dangerous and unsanitary for the women who decide to get one in spite of the ban. The more effective approach seems to be to increase access to contraceptives so that more women can avoid unwanted pregnancies in the first place.

Most abortions are done early in the pregnancy. Early in pregnancy the FETUS (NOT a "child") has no brain, and no neural tube. A group of cells with no brain, and not even a neural tube, is no "human", and certainly not a "baby". That is not "an unborn child". The purposeful use of incorrect/false language with emotional baggage serves no one in this discussion. A woman ridding herself of a clump of undifferentiated cells is not a moral question. It's a POTENTIAL human, not a "baby". It is shocking that someone who pretends to care about the careful use of language, would be so careless and dishonest in its use, when it appears to serve him.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 6 users Like Bucky Ball's post