SCOTUS bitch slaps Texas on abortion rights.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2016, 07:47 PM
RE: SCOTUS bitch slaps Texas on abortion rights.
(27-06-2016 05:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  Bucky's choice of words was poor, i.e. "no brain", "mass of undifferentiated..."
We agree on that point. It's quite an ironic situation in light of the criticisms he leveled at me in that post.

(27-06-2016 05:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  However, without a sufficiently developed brain and nervous system, the fetus is not a 'person'.

And the majority (91.4%) were performed prior to that point.
CDC Wrote:Among the 38 areas that reported gestational age at the time of abortion for 2012 (Table 7), two-thirds (65.8%) of abortions were performed by ≤8 weeks' gestation, and 91.4% were performed at ≤13 weeks' gestation.
I don't understand why you felt it necessary to point this out. It sounds like a red herring to me because personhood was never part of my argument. I think it's morally wrong to kill an unborn child because it's a human, not because it's a person.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2016, 08:00 PM
(27-06-2016 06:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 03:06 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Oh, I totally missed that! Confused

Mods: Please erase these posts before the DimWittedSloth assassin reports them to Chuck Norris and all mayhem ensues.

PFF. Chuck Norris sucks donkey balls. Anyone who thinks a roundhouse kick to the head is a feasible attack is relying on some abstruse variant of the Marquess of Queensbury's rules etiquette. Someone tries that on me, the least of his worries is how far he's going to have to cartwheel to keep me from busting his balls while he's on the ground. Drinking Beverage

Chuck Norris is a fucking joke. Sorry for the side bar. Back to the SCROTUS owning Texas. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
27-06-2016, 08:13 PM
(27-06-2016 08:00 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 06:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Mods: Please erase these posts before the DimWittedSloth assassin reports them to Chuck Norris and all mayhem ensues.

PFF. Chuck Norris sucks donkey balls. Anyone who thinks a roundhouse kick to the head is a feasible attack is relying on some abstruse variant of the Marquess of Queensbury's rules etiquette. Someone tries that on me, the least of his worries is how far he's going to have to cartwheel to keep me from busting his balls while he's on the ground. Drinking Beverage

Chuck Norris is a fucking joke. Sorry for the side bar. Back to the SCROTUS owning Texas. Tongue

You only are saying this because Chuck Norris' left testicle is currently destroying the Xenomorphs and unavailable for comment.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
27-06-2016, 08:16 PM
(27-06-2016 10:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Matt --- Gotta remember something... George Carlin was a comedian -- he HAS to go over the top on some stuff, just so it's funny....

That a good share of it also happens to be true, is just a happy coincidence...

You're right. And my apologies to you and Vosur for the use of the word "dumbfucks" (I was a dumbfuck for using that word). I actually think you and Vosur are smart people, and enjoy reading your posts, I just don't like how defining prolifers as woman haters shuts down the conversation. (I know a lot of it is just for comedy....)

Anyways, peace..
27-06-2016, 08:23 PM
(27-06-2016 08:00 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 06:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Mods: Please erase these posts before the DimWittedSloth assassin reports them to Chuck Norris and all mayhem ensues.

Slowminded forgive him. For he knows not of what he speaks. Weeping

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
27-06-2016, 08:31 PM
(27-06-2016 08:16 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 10:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Matt --- Gotta remember something...

You're right. And my apologies to you and Vosur for the use of the word "dumbfucks"

Why? They're both dumbfucks.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
27-06-2016, 08:32 PM
(27-06-2016 08:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 08:16 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  You're right. And my apologies to you and Vosur for the use of the word "dumbfucks"

Why? They're both dumbfucks.
I love you too, Girly. Tongue

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
27-06-2016, 08:37 PM
(27-06-2016 07:47 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I think it's morally wrong to kill an unborn child because it's a human, not because it's a person.

It ain't human nor a person until it is viable without a live brooder. If you want it to be viable sooner, set about designing a better non-human brooder and a harmless transfer procedure. Raise a bunch of orphans, we don't have enough people in this world yet. (sarcasm)

You don't have a say over what happens to my body. It is not your right. My body is the only thing that's mine. Anything else is slavery.

If the thing worked the other way around, and men were the ones going through pregnancy and giving birth, and women were deciding whether you had to risk your life to do it, or birth a child you won't be able to care for, y'all would sing a different song altogether.

Apart from it not being your right to mess with my body, I seriously question the wisdom of birthing all these unwanted children.

Don't take it personal if I don't end up debating this, it tends to make me angry. And debating in anger is not a good thing.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 6 users Like Dom's post
27-06-2016, 08:40 PM
(27-06-2016 08:37 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 07:47 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I think it's morally wrong to kill an unborn child because it's a human, not because it's a person.

It ain't human nor a person until it is viable without a live brooder. If you want it to be viable sooner, set about designing a better non-human brooder and a harmless transfer procedure. Raise a bunch of orphans, we don't have enough people in this world yet. (sarcasm)

You don't have a say over what happens to my body. It is not your right. My body is the only thing that's mine. Anything else is slavery.

If the thing worked the other way around, and men were the ones going through pregnancy and giving birth, and women were deciding whether you had to risk your life to do it, or birth a child you won't be able to care for, y'all would sing a different song altogether.

Apart from it not being your right to mess with my body, I seriously question the wisdom of birthing all these unwanted children.

Don't take it personal if I don't end up debating this, it tends to make me angry. And debating in anger is not a good thing.

Very well put. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
27-06-2016, 08:45 PM
(27-06-2016 08:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 08:00 PM)Fireball Wrote:  PFF. Chuck Norris sucks donkey balls. Anyone who thinks a roundhouse kick to the head is a feasible attack is relying on some abstruse variant of the Marquess of Queensbury's rules etiquette. Someone tries that on me, the least of his worries is how far he's going to have to cartwheel to keep me from busting his balls while he's on the ground. Drinking Beverage

Slowminded forgive him. For he knows not of what he speaks. Weeping

Cute special effects you got there, pardner. Drinking Beverage