SJWs and Same Sex Marriage movement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2017, 01:37 AM
RE: SJWs and Same Sex Marriage movement
(15-09-2017 08:45 PM)Aractus Wrote:  Jesus, I'm pointing out how bad the integrity of their "postal survey" is. If a plebiscite was held you would not be able to vote twice ... well that's actually not true, people actually do it every election, but there would be a record of it and it is against the rules and the law. Usually it happens when old people in retirement or nursing homes vote at a mobile ballot, but then also allow their children/family to take them out to vote as well. On the other hand filling in someone else's survey is not illegal or against any rules. In fact on the letter itself it says: "If you need help, ask someone you trust" which implies you can give it to someone to fill in on your behalf.

You know very well that regardless if there was no explicitly stated rule to say one person, one survey form, filling in two with your particular opinion is contrary to the spirit of the survey. If your friend didn't really care and you do, then you've distorted the results of the survey by turning in your form and his form with your opinion marked on it. You are dishonest, and an evasive dickhead to boot.

The idea that "If you need help, ask someone you trust" gives you blanket permission to fill in your friend's form with an opinion that is not his is patently ridiculous, and you're patently a scumbag.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
16-09-2017, 01:49 AM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2017 02:10 AM by Sushisnake.)
(15-09-2017 09:02 AM)Aractus Wrote:  I have now returned two survey forms. And this goes to show the problem with this postal-survey: there's no integrity in the system. I got a second form from a friend who didn't care, wasn't going to complete it, and gave it to me. Naturally I couldn't pass this up, so now my voice has been heard twice.

Again, it's a fucking poor design - even as a postal survey form. They should have allowed people a third option of "no preference", that way people who genuinely don't care can mark that box. But there isn't an option to do that, so instead people who don't care will do what my friend did and say "here you can have my survey", which in-turn means that their "no preference" response goes unrecorded and someone else gets to record their own response in its place.

@morondog, no I'm serious. Either design it like a referendum paper in which the voter writes either "Yes" or "No" in the box provided, or design it like a regular ballot where the voter numbers from 1 to 2 in the order of their preference. If you only allow one mistake on the ballot it also prevents tampering - i.e. you can't cross both numbers out and reverse them.

You did what? And your excuse is the survey has no integrity so you needn't either? And it isn’t a valid excuse because the integrity is built into the fact that the survey is VOLUNTARY. If neither option represents your views, you don't return the form. Pretty simple. And believe it or not, many of us would counsel those who have no opinion one way or the other to do just that, dont vote, chuck the form in the bin, because unlike you, we have integrity.

Unbelievable. You should be ashamed, yet you seem to be crowing about it.
[+] 4 users Like Sushisnake's post
16-09-2017, 02:07 AM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2017 03:23 AM by Sushisnake.)
(16-09-2017 01:49 AM)Sushisnake Wrote:  
(15-09-2017 09:02 AM)Aractus Wrote:  I have now returned two survey forms. And this goes to show the problem with this postal-survey: there's no integrity in the system. I got a second form from a friend who didn't care, wasn't going to complete it, and gave it to me. Naturally I couldn't pass this up, so now my voice has been heard twice.

Again, it's a fucking poor design - even as a postal survey form. They should have allowed people a third option of "no preference", that way people who genuinely don't care can mark that box. But there isn't an option to do that, so instead people who don't care will do what my friend did and say "here you can have my survey", which in-turn means that their "no preference" response goes unrecorded and someone else gets to record their own response in its place.

@morondog, no I'm serious. Either design it like a referendum paper in which the voter writes either "Yes" or "No" in the box provided, or design it like a regular ballot where the voter numbers from 1 to 2 in the order of their preference. If you only allow one mistake on the ballot it also prevents tampering - i.e. you can't cross both numbers out and reverse them.

You did what? And your excuse is the survey has no integrity so you needn't either?

I hate it when the delete button says no, you can't delete this accidental double quote post thingy because you don't have permission because I say so for no apparent reason.
16-09-2017, 02:59 AM
(15-09-2017 09:02 AM)Aractus Wrote:  I got a second form from a friend who didn't care, wasn't going to complete it, and gave it to me...

I can only suggest that you need to foster a better class of friends. Confused

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
16-09-2017, 03:25 AM
(16-09-2017 02:07 AM)Sushisnake Wrote:  
(16-09-2017 01:49 AM)Sushisnake Wrote:  You did what? And your excuse is the survey has no integrity so you needn't either?

I hate it when the delete button says no, you can't delete this accidental double quote post thingy because you don't have permission because I say so for no apparent reason.

Are you using a phone because I am and I have the same problem that could be the reason.
16-09-2017, 03:40 AM
(16-09-2017 03:25 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(16-09-2017 02:07 AM)Sushisnake Wrote:  I hate it when the delete button says no, you can't delete this accidental double quote post thingy because you don't have permission because I say so for no apparent reason.

Are you using a phone because I am and I have the same problem that could be the reason.

The delete post thing has never worked. If you accidentally make a double post, then just blank out second one and write...

[Double Post]

We'll all get it, and not think any less of you for it. Wink

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-09-2017, 03:42 AM
(16-09-2017 03:25 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(16-09-2017 02:07 AM)Sushisnake Wrote:  I hate it when the delete button says no, you can't delete this accidental double quote post thingy because you don't have permission because I say so for no apparent reason.

Nah. An Android tablet.
16-09-2017, 03:43 AM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2017 03:51 AM by EvolutionKills.)

If you truly have no dog in the fight, don't bet on either of the two dogs fighting.

Not exactly a hard concept there to grasp skippy... Drinking Beverage

16-09-2017, 03:43 AM
(16-09-2017 03:40 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(16-09-2017 03:25 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Are you using a phone because I am and I have the same problem that could be the reason.

The delete post thing has never worked. If you accidentally make a double post, then just blank out second one and write...

[Double Post]

We'll all get it, and not think any less of you for it. Wink

Thanks EK.
[+] 1 user Likes Sushisnake's post
16-09-2017, 03:48 AM
(15-09-2017 08:45 PM)Aractus Wrote:  Jesus, I'm pointing out how bad the integrity of their "postal survey" is. If a plebiscite was held you would not be able to vote twice ... well that's actually not true, people actually do it every election, but there would be a record of it and it is against the rules and the law. Usually it happens when old people in retirement or nursing homes vote at a mobile ballot, but then also allow their children/family to take them out to vote as well. On the other hand filling in someone else's survey is not illegal or against any rules. In fact on the letter itself it says: "If you need help, ask someone you trust" which implies you can give it to someone to fill in on your behalf.

Don't question the integrity of the bank robber, he was just pointing out how terrible the bank's security was! By stealing everything in the vault... Rolleyes

Also, you did not 'help' your neighbor express their opinion, you used their ballot to express your own opinion. Nice try, but not equivalent. We were not born yesterday... Dodgy