SJWs and Same Sex Marriage movement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2017, 02:10 PM
RE: SJWs and Same Sex Marriage movement
All of which is completely beside the point when discussing whether marriage laws should apply equally to people regardless of sexual orientation.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
12-09-2017, 02:35 AM
(11-09-2017 03:25 AM)Banjo Wrote:  So, here I am having seen an Aussie somehow link LGBT with sharia law.

Speechless.

I've come across it a few times now. Hopefully I won't again. I'm blacking out media coverage on the campaign as much as possible.  If only I could block out that bloody "No" ad.

Here's The Australian Liberty Alliance using Sharia Law to hype up "no" voters:

http://bernardgaynor.com.au/sharia-marri...-equality/

And the "yes" voters have used it in reverse, claiming denying marriage equality on religious grounds is no different to Sharia Law. I came across an article in Crikey that used it, but it's behind a paywall so I won't link it. The comments section in this Australian Independent Media Network article has a comment or two that are pretty representative:

https://theaimn.com/christian-lobby-claims-it-needs-hate-speech-to-argue-against-same-sex-marriage/

Frightening,  isn’t it? And I do mean "frightening". Way beyond silly. Bloody dangerous if you happen to be Muslim. You're collateral damage.

I don't know which side started it, but it's an ugly, divisive, thoroughly dishonest tactic. And so bloody lazy.
[+] 1 user Likes Sushisnake's post
12-09-2017, 07:51 PM
I have my survey form I'll post a picture of it soon - in fact I may start a new thread on the survey itself, and this one can stick to the SJW and activist discussion.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2017, 08:04 PM
(11-09-2017 12:04 AM)Aractus Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 09:25 AM)Emma Wrote:  In other words, a trans woman (male to female) may have areas of their brain that match more closely to a female brain than a male brain.

Right, gender isn't "fluid".

Why would you conclude that? It's so "fluid" that it can it flip completely from one polar extreme to the other in addition to everything in between. Why makes you think it's some sort of discrete function? Very few biological functions, or even any natural function for that matter, are. Sex as determined by genitalia certainly shows everything in between, why wouldn't gender?

#sigh
12-09-2017, 08:24 PM
You started out as a female, Aractus. YOU transitioned. Deal with it.
http://www.sciencealert.com/watch-we-wer...all-female
Obviously you've never heard of Pediatric Genetics Clinic. They're booked months ahead.
Must be nice to live in *oblivious simpltonionism*.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
12-09-2017, 08:34 PM
(12-09-2017 08:24 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You started out as a female, Aractus. YOU transitioned. Deal with it.

He's right you know. Yes

#sigh
12-09-2017, 10:39 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2017 10:58 PM by Aractus.)
[Image: 1QaXRVB.jpg] [Image: njws7eS.jpg]

My Blog
[+] 2 users Like Aractus's post
12-09-2017, 11:10 PM
One does not make law(s) by "surveys". In the US anyway, (and a democratic republic) the Constitution and Declaration of Independence grants equal rights to all people. The Founders of the US were well aware of the 'tyranny of the majority', ( a well known concept in the Enlightenment), and planned accordingly.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
12-09-2017, 11:38 PM
The survey is pretty much what an election is in the US, but yes I agree the postal survey is a stupid option. The last thing we want is to have a voting system like the US.

My Blog
13-09-2017, 09:30 PM
For example it says if you mark both boxes (as you normally would for any electoral form) that your paper may not be valid. I assume it would still be counted if you numbered the boxes as you normally do on AEC forms though, and they mean if you mark with X's or ticks. It would be terrible if numbered survey forms were not counted.

My Blog