SJWs and Same Sex Marriage movement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2017, 09:43 PM
RE: SJWs and Same Sex Marriage movement
(13-09-2017 09:30 PM)Aractus Wrote:  For example it says if you mark both boxes (as you normally would for any electoral form) that your paper may not be valid. I assume it would still be counted if you numbered the boxes as you normally do on AEC forms though, and they mean if you mark with X's or ticks. It would be terrible if numbered survey forms were not counted.

I can't figure out if you're being sarcastic or not... or why this is even a thing Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2017, 11:44 PM
I'd like to comment for a second. Could it be that humans are slowly continuing to evolve and that as a result we are going to see more and more gender identities appearing? Kind of like if our eyes continued to advance and we could see other colors that earlier humans could not make out? I am strongly for equal rights in all ways. I have supported gay marriage from as early as I was able to take a stand and have a vote or a voice in it. I believe that the male or female model is no longer relevant. Indians have celebrated more diversity than that for a long time. I support our changing minds, hearts, identities. Ok. I am done now.

Here is the thing about potential...You either use your gift or your gift uses you. You are either a rocket or a bomb.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Oaken's post
13-09-2017, 11:53 PM
(13-09-2017 11:44 PM)Oaken Wrote:  I'd like to comment for a second. Could it be that humans are slowly continuing to evolve and that as a result we are going to see more and more gender identities appearing?

Evolution is hardware change. Don't think it works that fast. More likely IMO the change is in software. First that society is more tolerant of differences (not everywhere), second that people are less afraid to publicly admit to gender differences, as there's less incentive to conform.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
15-09-2017, 09:02 AM
I have now returned two survey forms. And this goes to show the problem with this postal-survey: there's no integrity in the system. I got a second form from a friend who didn't care, wasn't going to complete it, and gave it to me. Naturally I couldn't pass this up, so now my voice has been heard twice.

Again, it's a fucking poor design - even as a postal survey form. They should have allowed people a third option of "no preference", that way people who genuinely don't care can mark that box. But there isn't an option to do that, so instead people who don't care will do what my friend did and say "here you can have my survey", which in-turn means that their "no preference" response goes unrecorded and someone else gets to record their own response in its place.

@morondog, no I'm serious. Either design it like a referendum paper in which the voter writes either "Yes" or "No" in the box provided, or design it like a regular ballot where the voter numbers from 1 to 2 in the order of their preference. If you only allow one mistake on the ballot it also prevents tampering - i.e. you can't cross both numbers out and reverse them.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-09-2017, 09:09 AM
(15-09-2017 09:02 AM)Aractus Wrote:  I have now returned two survey forms. And this goes to show the problem with this postal-survey: there's no integrity in the system. I got a second form from a friend who didn't care, wasn't going to complete it, and gave it to me. Naturally I couldn't pass this up, so now my voice has been heard twice.

Again, it's a fucking poor design - even as a postal survey form. They should have allowed people a third option of "no preference", that way people who genuinely don't care can mark that box. But there isn't an option to do that, so instead people who don't care will do what my friend did and say "here you can have my survey", which in-turn means that their "no preference" response goes unrecorded and someone else gets to record their own response in its place.

So you are dishonest.

Nice to know. Drinking Beverage

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
15-09-2017, 10:11 AM
And just when I think Aractus couldn't possibly come up with something even more idiotic, here comes this "no preference" shit. Facepalm

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
15-09-2017, 12:58 PM
Things I don't care about or have no interest in just get lobbed in the bin, there's your 3rd option.

Get your own bleeding hymn book
[+] 4 users Like Thedemonbarber's post
15-09-2017, 01:20 PM
(13-09-2017 11:53 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-09-2017 11:44 PM)Oaken Wrote:  I'd like to comment for a second. Could it be that humans are slowly continuing to evolve and that as a result we are going to see more and more gender identities appearing?

Evolution is hardware change. Don't think it works that fast. More likely IMO the change is in software. First that society is more tolerant of differences (not everywhere), second that people are less afraid to publicly admit to gender differences, as there's less incentive to conform.

I don't think societal tolerance of this is anything particularly new. More like it's ancient and it was suppressed by those seeking to maintain power under the guise of providing law and order. I mean if Spartacus the TV show has any historical accuracy, everybody was fucking whoever and whatever they wanted and nobody really gave a fuck.

#sigh
15-09-2017, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2017 01:41 PM by Vera.)
(15-09-2017 01:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  everybody was fucking whoever and whatever they wanted and nobody really gave a fuck.

So how exactly does this work? Consider

Sparcatus - Spartacus, I mean - is of my peeps, actually. Well, my pre-peeps, as it were Yes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
15-09-2017, 01:32 PM
(15-09-2017 01:25 PM)Vera Wrote:  Sparcatus -

I am Sparctacus.
[Image: tumblr_n5hi43WGTu1r5dm0so1_400.gif]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post