SKYRIM (yes, yes, yes!)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2012, 12:03 PM
SKYRIM (yes, yes, yes!)
I see you've got a Morrowind thread going on, but I don't see anything of Oblivion. I have played Marrowind, but I found it's speed.............a.............little............sloooooooooow! Like a crackhead falling asleep slow. Oblivion was a major improvement and I learned about mods. I totally crashed the game 13 or 14 times tossing mods into it, that looked great. I finally found what worked and settled for thos, right before I installed a service pack on my Windows 7 that wouldn't allow Oblivion to run. THANKS MR. GATES. lol

Now, I've got Skyrim and Good Gremlins does the scenery look grand. The characters look like crap, but the scenery is wonderful. Guess what I like to look at more than the scenery? Characters. Break out the mods and see if we can make these people look more human.

The one thing I really don't like is you have to install steam, before you can the game and have to be online with steam to completely install the game. That sucks, when you are a truck driver and have to get online at truckstops that have Wi-Fi. The one savior is that once you have the game fully installed and registered, you can turn Steam onto offline mode and then you can play without the internet.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2012, 03:26 PM
RE: SKYRIM (yes, yes, yes!)
Yeah Skyrim is quite good and even if the characters are still a little bit crap, they're getting better XD !! I mean... In Morrowind you were trying to just make them look... Almost human Tongue now it's just, trying to make them look less monstruous !

I like the story, the liberty and the way you play it... Even if my horses are dying of weird death like :
I'm doing a quick journey to a city (it's a sort of teleporting option so you don't have to ride hours to return to a city you already visited) and I'm not on my horse anymore... Then... I hear a weird scream and... My horse falls from the sky x) dead... "Hum... Flying horses... Bad ideas !"

But that's a lots of fun Tongue !!!

« Etre contesté, c’est être constaté. »
To be contested, is to be noticed
01-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Get it for PS3. I don't console game a ton but the PC version of Skyrim is a port of the console(which is native.) You will have less issues and the graphics look better.
03-04-2012, 11:45 AM
To hell with Skyrim! That's right! I did just say that.

It's not an improvement from Oblivion it's a downgrade.
The leveling is more streamlined and useless. Enchanting has been gutted and is now almost pointless. Combat is mostly the same. The terrain is so bland and boring that it's maddening.

Skyrim is a disappointment. I am literally done with Skyrim. I was never done with Oblivion.

I could go on all day about what in Skyrim sucked but I do not have the time to type all of it.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
03-04-2012, 12:46 PM
(03-04-2012 11:45 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  To hell with Skyrim! That's right! I did just say that.

It's not an improvement from Oblivion it's a downgrade. The leveling is more streamlined and useless. Enchanting has been gutted and is now almost pointless. Combat is mostly the same. The terrain is so bland and boring that it's maddening.

Skyrim is a disappointment. I am literally done with Skyrim. I was never done with Oblivion.

I could go on all day about what in Skyrim sucked but I do not have the time to type all of it.
You say "Yes I said that," as if you believe that it implies some importance.

The one thing that Bethesda has for it is that they allow mods to tweak their product and make it much better than it was directly out of the box. Marrowind had it, Oblivion had it and now Skyrim has them. Each of these gave their games unparallelled potential, if one would be energetic enough to look into them.

As far as performance goes, They pulled out a lot of useless clutter that really didn't enhance Oblivion a single bit. It just gave the player more useless procedures to go though that complete ignored a good
measure of character development.

In Oblivion, If you tried to build up and skills beyond your primary and secondary skill menu, it wouldn't add anything to the characters ability to level up. In Skyrim you can add onto any skill you've practiced and it will add onto your ability to advance. That way you can build a more well rounded character and potentially a far more lethal one.
03-04-2012, 03:50 PM
LIES! The character leveling up system is a downgrade marketed towards the accursed casual gamer.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
04-04-2012, 01:59 AM
As of late I am becoming angry at skyrim and dead island. Not the game itself but my computer.

I'm encountering the infamous "nvidia driver has stopped responding and has recovered" error which thus far has me entirely baffled. If only windows was as stable as linux. Lesigh.
04-04-2012, 07:25 AM
(03-04-2012 03:50 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  LIES! The character leveling up system is a downgrade marketed towards the accursed casual gamer.

Dude, I'm not playing your little game here.
You have the right to your opinions but not the truth.. I'm not going to chase you around countering your accusations, to amuse you.

In your initial post you said you had futher claims of the games inferiority. Your second post seems to discredit that, since you bring nothing to the table. In fact your first post didn't even have a table. Skyrim is heads above Oblivion in every manner.
05-04-2012, 07:12 AM
Fine. Have it your way.

Reasons Skyrim is a downgrade from Oblivion.

1) "The level design" lacks the same interesting features that made wandering in Oblivion fun. There are essentially 6 different terrain types which is good. The problem lies with how uneventful the places are. Oh look lets go wander the barren tundra or why not wander in the ice flows. Sure it's pretty but that's about all it is.

2) "Leveling" has been simplified for the accursed "casual gamer". Now there is a perk system where you get to pick and choose different perks based upon what skill tree they belong to. This would be great if there wasn't so many perks to choose from. Your level has to be insane to get even remotely close to acquiring them all. Also. The ability to just switch your class in the middle of the game is another slant towards "casual gamers".

3) "The quests" in the game are pathetic. Sure you have the daedric quests and the main storylines but even then the majority of them are just "go here get that and bring it back". Have you played the thieves guild? I literally had to steal the same fucking statue from the same guys house about 5 times. How about the quests where it wants you to go kill that dragon on top of the mountain you've killed a dozen times already. It's just lazy.

4)"Magic" Is so dumbed down it's disgusting. The different types of spells are hilariously small and the high level casting ones are not that great. Not to mention you can't make your own spells which is sad.

5) "Enchanting" Is just useless now. So the game wants me to go find a weapon with the enchantment I'm looking for so I can use it? Well that kills creativeness. Even when you do find an item with the enchantment you're looking for, you have to destroy it in order to enchant other items. Even if you go through all of that. The enchanting itself is so simple and stupid that it pains me to see it this way.

6) "finishing moves" are cool but they fuck up WAY too much. More than a few hundred times my guy has done a little flashy finishing move only to have the enemy's body fall through the floor or just disappear altogether. That was a huge piss of when it happened to a dragon priest and I lost the mask he had.

7) "Glitches" in game are ridiculous! There is so many. The game should not have been released with this many glaring flaws with the itself. I don't even need to explain this further.

There are good things about the game such as:

1) Combat has been "slightly" improved with more fluid movements and half decent power swings. The AI appear to be even less intelligent than they were in Morrowind though.

2) The graphics have been improved. Whoop de friggin doo. I don't care if the game looks good if it can't preform right.

3) Ability to have followers and form relationships. This is a nice edition on it's own. Pair it with the dumb as rocks AI and we have a problem.

Overall. The game was okay. It wasn't as bad as some RPGs but not nearly as good as what we were promised. Personally. I blame the casual gamers and the over hyping.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
06-04-2012, 03:12 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2012 03:25 AM by justmetoo.)
(05-04-2012 07:12 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  double post

Fine. Have it your way.

Quote:Reasons Skyrim is a downgrade from Oblivion.

1)
"The level design" lacks the same interesting features that made
wandering in Oblivion fun. There are essentially 6 different terrain
types which is good. The problem lies with how uneventful the places
are. Oh look lets go wander the barren tundra or why not wander in the
ice flows. Sure it's pretty but that's about all it is.

Skyrim
is a different area of the world. Oblivian is set in a more moderate
climate. How many encounters would you have if you went out on an
icepack in the real world. The game is not for running around doing
casual encounter anyway. Neither was Oblivion. If all you did is go kill
everything moving and not follow the plot you'd end up cleaning out
everything just to clear out everything. There is a theme and a reason
to play the game.

Quote:2) "Leveling" has been simplified for the
accursed "casual gamer". Now there is a perk system where you get to
pick and choose different perks based upon what skill tree they belong
to. This would be great if there wasn't so many perks to choose from.
Your level has to be insane to get even remotely close to acquiring them
all. Also. The ability to just switch your class in the middle of the
game is another slant towards "casual gamers".

Stop
trying to insult others because you can flip a bunch of switches that
have been removed from a better game because they were unimportant. I've
been gaming since the Chainmail days, before the original three book
set of Dungeons and Dragons, and cut my teeth on computer games with The
Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord. For the first time you can create a
multi-class charactor and have everything you do add to the charactors
ability to leavel up. In oblivion you could advance all the way up to
100 points, but if it was in a skill beyond your primary and secondary,
you wouldn't gain anything at all towards gaining a level.

Quote:3)
"The quests" in the game are pathetic. Sure you have the daedric quests
and the main storylines but even then the majority of them are just "go
here get that and bring it back". Have you played the thieves guild? I
literally had to steal the same fucking statue from the same guys house
about 5 times. How about the quests where it wants you to go kill that
dragon on top of the mountain you've killed a dozen times already. It's
just lazy.

Their are high points and low points on every game.
If you concentrate on the low points you'll always be displeased. The
thieves guests are just one of several guild quests that you can take,
along with the mail quests and the side quests.

Quote:4)"Magic" Is
so dumbed down it's disgusting. The different types of spells are
hilariously small and the high level casting ones are not that great.
Not to mention you can't make your own spells which is sad.

Magic,
I never had any use for. I have very little knowledge of that, but I've
used it in oblivian and in skyrim and you basically just push a button
and it's cast.

Quote:5) "Enchanting" Is just useless now. So the
game wants me to go find a weapon with the enchantment I'm looking for
so I can use it? Well that kills creativeness. Even when you do find an
item with the enchantment you're looking for, you have to destroy it in
order to enchant other items. Even if you go through all of that. The
enchanting itself is so simple and stupid that it pains me to see it
this way.

You have to have the ability to infuse the item you
want with the power you want it to have. In order to get that knowledge
you need to take it from somewhere. It is the same for taking spells
from tomes and scribing them in your magic book.
You act as if you
don't need to bring together everything you need to create anything you
want to build. Try building a brick house without anything to seal the
bricks together. It's called effort man.

Quote:6) "finishing
moves" are cool but they fuck up WAY too much. More than a few hundred
times my guy has done a little flashy finishing move only to have the
enemy's body fall through the floor or just disappear altogether. That
was a huge piss of when it happened to a dragon priest and I lost the
mask he had.

If you like to see useless maneuvers which adds
nothing but a sense of seeing something only a few people think is cool,
that's up to you. I've had that happen as far as killing monsters from a
far and they immeadiately appear abover ground not 2 feet away from
where they were standing, when I shot them. Plus as far as lost masks,
you've never lost anything while doing something else. It happens in
real life all the time. Why should a game be any different.

Quote:7)
"Glitches" in game are ridiculous! There is so many. The game should
not have been released with this many glaring flaws with the itself. I
don't even need to explain this further.
That might be your computer as well.
Quote:There are good things about the game such as:

1)
Combat has been "slightly" improved with more fluid movements and half
decent power swings. The AI appear to be even less intelligent than they
were in Morrowind though.

2) The graphics have been improved. Whoop de friggin doo. I don't care if the game looks good if it can't preform right.

3)
Ability to have followers and form relationships. This is a nice
edition on it's own. Pair it with the dumb as rocks AI and we have a
problem.
All in all. You've said nothing to make your case, other than you like Oblivian that has been around for years and has went through various modifications with patches and all. Skyrim is a relative new game. I think you are looking fondly at a game that was worked out
by the time you bought it and are just impatient. Give it time.

Quote:Overall.
The game was okay. It wasn't as bad as some RPGs but not nearly as good as what we were promised. Personally. I blame the casual gamers and the over hyping.

Just another mindless attempt at an insult from an arrogant individual. Hardly worth commenting on