SLOMO and the meaning of life

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2014, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2014 08:36 AM by Full Circle.)
SLOMO and the meaning of life
This is the story about a neurosurgeon who reinvented himself and his life.

I found the short documentary uplifting and thought-provoking. The comments of people in the NYT (see the film first then read the comments here
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/01/opinio...inion&_r=0 ) regarding this person are very telling of our human condition, some are supportive, many are not and I wonder what my TTA compadres would think of this person.

What are your reactions? Happiness, jealousy, motivation, none of those, all of those...something else?

I am lucky to say I am a bit like SLOMO. My current life is a conscious creation through hard work and luck, though much of that "luck" my wife and I have created for ourselves. We lived the rat race for decades, planned ahead, had goals, took calculated risks, lived below our means and came to grips with when enough was enough.

I don't yet have all the answers that I'm looking for (maybe one of the reasons I hang around TTA) but I have found a great many. I know for each of us those answers will be different, our differences after all are what makes the world go round. This video is simply the story of one man's answer to his.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2014, 08:27 AM
RE: SLOMO and the meaning of life
Well, why not?

I'm already doing the part about doing what I want, parring my life down to the bare minimum and living within my means.

I've never tried skating though.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply