(30-10-2013 06:46 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Fuck off muffs
we all know smoking is bad.
Alcohol is bad too.
Driving a car too.
We(i) dont care
my life.
My lungs.
My decision.
Do you seriously think people will quit if you tell 'm about the risks of smoking? Fuck no. They knew it before and that didnt stop 'm

What the fuck does alcohol and driving have to do with smoking?
Nothing. Absolutely fucking nothing.
Is smoking bad for you? yes.
That is the only relevant piece of information.

And I'm not saying you shouldn't be aloud to do it. I'm not saying cigarettes should be illegal. Did I say that? No sir I did not. Anyone who thinks that is what I'm saying needs to have their head examined. Maybe all that smoking is effecting their vision.

I'm saying it's bloody good that people frown upon it, look down upon it because it's a disgusting habit that ruins lives. Not just for health reasons (have you had a family member die because of smoking? it's not pleasant) but for financial reasons too. It's fucking shameful that in today's society we so openly flaunt it. You see it movies, on TV shows etc.. This sort of thing.

And I agree that people wont stop if you tell them it's bad for them. It's because they're fucking addicting.. They're purposely made addicting. The only way you're gonna stop smoking is by it becoming frowned upon in society, which it is becoming and which I applaud.

Quote:tell me that when acting like a smart ass teen is frowned upon the same way smoking is and we'll see how outraged you feel about smokers

Oh here's something new, a smoker having a fucking cry because someone's complaining about it.
The fact is simple Nach. It's fucking disgusting, it's terribly bad for your health, it's expensive, they're addicting, they ruin lives.
So yea I complain it and no I do not apologize for complaining it. I shouldn't have to apologize for complaining about people's filthy life ruining habits.

Quote:Oh,and i stopped for 2-3 months(i backslid).
Not becouse the healtrisks,but becouse of the price.
I aint paying $5 everyday

You're an idiot.
You're like 15 and you smoke? (or would if you had money).
What the actual fuck is wrong with you?

Quote:Though smoking is bad for MY health, it might very well SAVE the life of some non-smoker giving me shit!

Yea, it is bad your health. But did you stop to consider your friends and family when you're coughing up blood and slowly dying of smoke related illnesses?
My guess is no.

you're not holier than anybody muffs, stop being so patronising and let people die of whatever they want to

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
30-10-2013, 11:15 PM
RE: SMOKE
I admit... I smoke about two cigarettes a week. I mix em with my weed (Yeah its a thing, at least where I live). I've been wondering how unhealthy it is, or if I'm even addicted... I should get a vaporizer and skip the whole smoke part all together.
30-10-2013, 11:56 PM
@earmuffs

I've been smoking a long time. Honestly probably 10 years too long.

You keep on me about it. Because, I know I should quit. That's why I don't smoke anywhere but on my deck -- it's a hard rule for me.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

31-10-2013, 12:21 AM
All desire I had to smoke was killed when I saw an actual pair of smoker's lungs (OK, heavy smoker) compared to a non-smoker's lungs. *They turn black* and they're fucken ugly...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
31-10-2013, 12:59 AM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2013 01:02 AM by earmuffs.)
(30-10-2013 09:55 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  @earmuffs
I personally don't find it that expensive. I got 400 from a reserve and it cost me about 10c a cigarillo. Even if I smoke 10 in a row that's still only a buck. Here in Ontario the cheapest beer costs 2$ for a tallboy. So if you are just looking for something to do for a break why not smoke it's cheaper then most other things.

Also I don't think its all that disgusting either. What's disgusting about it. It's smoke. Same stuff that comes out of a campfire. There isn't any bodily fluids associated with smoking. So I can't see how it is all that disgusting. Sure you might not like the smell. So what! Get over it. I'm pretty sure when I make my homade salad (I use 8 cloves of garlic in the dressing) I smell a lot worse then when I smoke.

WTF is a reserve?
I googled it and the average price of cigarettes in Canada are between $10-13 a pack. Which sounds like the average all across the western world.
Not everyone buys them 400 at a time...
And again, it's got nothing to do with alcohol. They're completely irrelevant to each other. It doesn't matter if alcohol is $1 or $10.
And besides, you're failing to account for the health costs. Not just that it's bad for your health but the costs of healthcare as a result of smoke related illnesses.

Of course you don't, you smoke. It's not just the smell (which is disgusting but it's not like "omg get me away from here NOW!") it's just the habit in general.
It's the whole concept that you're sucking down toxic addicting fumes. And what it does to your body is certainly disgusting.

Quote:you're not holier than anybody muffs, stop being so patronising and let people die of whatever they want to

Well actually I am holier than them in this regard.
Is smoking disgusting, bad for you both financially and health reasons, does it effect those around you in a negative way (ie: if you smoke your children are more likely to start smoking than children with parents who don't smoke. ie2: you die), does it have a negative effect on society?
Yes.

Do I smoke?
No.

Thus I am holier than them.

Oh, and it's a bit like suicide. I'm not gonna stand by a say "well off the bridge you hop". No, I'm gonna say something a little more productive than that.
I'm not saying people shouldn't be aloud to do it (I can't believe I have to clarify this again) I'm saying ultimately it's their choice, but that's not gonna stop me from talking them out of doing a stupid thing.

Quote:@earmuffs

I've been smoking a long time. Honestly probably 10 years too long.

You keep on me about it. Because, I know I should quit. That's why I don't smoke anywhere but on my deck -- it's a hard rule for me.

You should quit.
It's good that you smoke on the deck, but lung cancer's not gonna care where you smoke. Neither is your wallet.
Children are how ever many times more likely to smoke if they see their parents smoking. Is that the sort of example you want to set for your boys?
And plus, my grandmother died of smoke related illnesses (smoker her whole life) which was absolutely horrible for my mother. It was not a quick process. It was very long and drawn out. It's truly horrible. If you keep smoking that is a very real possibility that your boys will have to go through if smoking eventually catches up to you.
Not to mention wouldn't that money better be spent on bills or something nice for yourself or save it for a collage fund or whatever the fuck. I mean I don't know how often you smoke but even if you smoke 1 pack a WEEK, at say $15 a pack that's $780 a year that could be better spent towards a family holiday for example.

Plus the general bonus of quitting. Such as feeling healthier, not having shortness of breath, having a bit more time in your day to relax or whatever, not having to go out in the freezing cold on shitty days. Etc..

The simple fact is, the cons of smoking FAR FAR outweigh the pro's.
People say they smoke to relax, yet the majority of the population who don't smoke (well it's a majority here, over 80%) seem to be able to manage just fine without cigarettes.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
31-10-2013, 01:20 AM
Much as I hate to say it Muffs is right although he could be a bit less confrontational about it.
Everyone who smokes has to agree with you, everything you say is absolutely true.
We know we should quit, we know it is antisocial, we, if we're honest, HATE that we smoke and wish we could stop. Just like that - wake up one morning and say, yeuch, I think I'll stop today and, hey presto, there it is; we no longer smoke.
It is tough, that doesn't mean we shouldn't try but your attitude is more likely to make smokers dig their heels in. Ridiculous, I know, but that's how it is with us smokers.
It's almost as bad as religious people - give them the information on how ridiculous it is, how dangerous it is and they carry on regardless, in spite of the evidence against it.
Holier than thou attitudes do not help in either case.
31-10-2013, 02:30 AM
My opinion on it, very short:
I don't like it, it smells and I don't want cancer, no matter if the risk is low(passive smoking, I will never smoke). I don't care if you smoke, but if you're a person I hang around a lot, try not to smoke while I'm around, it isn't cool since I get asthma from it.

Now to other people who have commented:

Muffs: I agree with you on the statements that smoking suck. But I don't attack it that wildly; let them smoke, it's their risk, not yours or mine.

Lightvader: I know some people who smoked around your age; they had no energy and had a really nasty chough. They could hardly run; I'm a untrained fatass, and even I did better at them at gymnastics. It won't help you grow well.

Aaron: I know that you smoke quite a bit, but I'm not really worried. As long as I smoking doesn't spread over a skype call, or as long you don't start choughing up blood, it will be fine.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
31-10-2013, 02:32 AM
Muffs ain't right, he's a righteous douchebag. Tongue

His problem is that he believes his right is absolute; but that's his problem, I don't give a fuck. Big Grin

I smoke because I like it. I stopped before; I didn't like it. Anyone wanna give me shit about my "contribution to rising healthcare costs" need only refrain from talking me out of doing the deed in my next suicide thread, and all will be right in the fucking world. Cool

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
31-10-2013, 03:23 AM
(30-10-2013 09:13 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  What the fuck does alcohol and driving have to do with smoking?
Nothing. Absolutely fucking nothing.
Is smoking bad for you? yes.
That is the only relevant piece of information.

And I'm not saying you shouldn't be aloud to do it. I'm not saying cigarettes should be illegal. Did I say that? No sir I did not. Anyone who thinks that is what I'm saying needs to have their head examined. Maybe all that smoking is effecting their vision.

I'm saying it's bloody good that people frown upon it, look down upon it because it's a disgusting habit that ruins lives. Not just for health reasons (have you had a family member die because of smoking? it's not pleasant) but for financial reasons too. It's fucking shameful that in today's society we so openly flaunt it. You see it movies, on TV shows etc.. This sort of thing.

And I agree that people wont stop if you tell them it's bad for them. It's because they're fucking addicting.. They're purposely made addicting. The only way you're gonna stop smoking is by it becoming frowned upon in society, which it is becoming and which I applaud.
what the alcohol has to do with it?
Smoking=increasing chance to get lungcancer(frowned upon)
driving=increasing the chance to get your car crashed,also emits co2 that will get us all killed (not frowned upon)
alcohol=increasing the chance of liver failure(not frowned upon)
havin sex=increasing the chance to get std's (not frowned upon)

what im sayin is: there are other things that are equally as bad as/worse than smokimng wich are not frowned upon.
And i dont think people will stop smoking if they're frowned upon.
It is already frowned upon and who quit because of that?

Quote:You're an idiot.
You're like 15 and you smoke? (or would if you had money).
What the actual fuck is wrong with you?
addiction

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
31-10-2013, 04:01 AM
Quote:what the alcohol has to do with it?
Smoking=increasing chance to get lungcancer(frowned upon)
driving=increasing the chance to get your car crashed,also emits co2 that will get us all killed (not frowned upon)
alcohol=increasing the chance of liver failure(not frowned upon)
havin sex=increasing the chance to get std's (not frowned upon)

what im sayin is: there are other things that are equally as bad as/worse than smokimng wich are not frowned upon.
And i dont think people will stop smoking if they're frowned upon.
It is already frowned upon and who quit because of that?

I know what you're saying, I'm not a retard.
What I'm saying is so fucking what? Yes I know alcohol is bad for you, yes I know driving a car is risky, yes I know you can get std's from having boom boom in the back seat of your car whilst drunk off your face.
BUT what does that have to do with cigarettes? absolutely fucking nothing.
"This is bad so why should it matter that this is bad" is the most ridiculous, retarded, spastic, stupid argument you could ever hope to make against smoking. It's entirely irrelevant what else is bad for you.
"Smoking is bad for you" is the only relevant piece of information. If you're drinking or driving or drink driving it doesn't matter because smoking just adds to the risk.

Huge amounts of people are quitting because it's not socially acceptable.

Quote:addiction

Exactly, because you were a fucking dumbass for starting in the first place.

On the subject of "you shouldn't attack smokers" why the fuck not?
Why does smoking get a free pass? Because you all are "sick of hearing about how we should stop"?
Well maybe you're sick of hearing it because it's fucking true and maybe it's a fucking clue as to what to do about it...
Smoking aint some taboo untouchable shit, I do not apologies if you get your panties in a fucking twist because I'm complaining about it.
It's your filthy habit, it's your fucking problem you have to hear people like me complaining about it, not mine.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.