SMOKE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2013, 11:26 AM
RE: SMOKE
I smoke and I have, in the past week, had three separate occasions of people walking by me on the side walk literally gasping as they approached, holding their breath, and covering their mouth with there hand until they were passed. Now, I know smoking is bad for your health (I'm not stupid) but I also know that it is my choice. And I don't care who you are, such a public display of "oh, I don't smoke, let me protect my precious lungs!" is entirely unnecessary. And, frankly, a bit childish (in my opinion). Not to mention, rather ineffective considering the amount of shit you breathe in every day in a city. It's stupid.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like SheilaMercon's post
31-10-2013, 11:39 AM
(31-10-2013 07:48 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Several things:
One, "other things are bad, so this doesn't matter!" is not an argument. I mean, come on.

Two, "smoking" covers a hell of a lot of ground (even if we limit it, implicitly, to tobacco smoking). Cigarettes being rather worse than most other forms. Vapour cigarettes are basically harmless, for instance.

Three, human beings are ludicrously terrible at assessing long-term risk factors. It'd be funny, if, y'know, it wasn't a major societal problem. So there's that.

Four, I do enjoy a fine cigar from time to time.

you got me wrong. I assumed (now i read it again,i think it was wrongly assumed) that muffs was saying that smokers are frowned upon becouse smoking is bad for you. And i don't think that is the reason why smoking is frowned upon becouse there are so many other things wich are equally as/more destructive but are not frowned upon.
I also said i know the negative effect of smoking,i just don't care.
That is why i don't smoke around people. I accept that what i do is bad for my healt,and i do it. But i do not want other people to have neg effects from 2nd hand smoking. That is also why i don't like it that when i smoke,some1 comes to me to tell me how bad they are.

I am not saying that other things are worse so this shouldnt matter.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
31-10-2013, 12:36 PM
(31-10-2013 11:39 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  you got me wrong. I assumed (now i read it again,i think it was wrongly assumed) that muffs was saying that smokers are frowned upon becouse smoking is bad for you. And i don't think that is the reason why smoking is frowned upon becouse there are so many other things wich are equally as/more destructive but are not frowned upon.
I also said i know the negative effect of smoking,i just don't care.
That is why i don't smoke around people. I accept that what i do is bad for my healt,and i do it. But i do not want other people to have neg effects from 2nd hand smoking. That is also why i don't like it that when i smoke,some1 comes to me to tell me how bad they are.

I am not saying that other things are worse so this shouldnt matter.

No, I know that's not quite what you were saying. You were (are) saying that it's an informed choice you make, knowing the risks, analogous to several other behaviours (some of which are considered 'acceptable' in society and some of which aren't).

And it's not what muffs was saying either, for that matter.

I have heard people use that 'argument' before. I was pre-emptively heading it off.

... this is my signature!
31-10-2013, 06:38 PM
(30-10-2013 11:15 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I admit... I smoke about two cigarettes a week. I mix em with my weed (Yeah its a thing, at least where I live). I've been wondering how unhealthy it is, or if I'm even addicted... I should get a vaporizer and skip the whole smoke part all together.

What mixing the tobacco I with your weed?never tried that, but it may be fun with one of my menthols
01-11-2013, 12:35 AM
(31-10-2013 06:38 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(30-10-2013 11:15 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I admit... I smoke about two cigarettes a week. I mix em with my weed (Yeah its a thing, at least where I live). I've been wondering how unhealthy it is, or if I'm even addicted... I should get a vaporizer and skip the whole smoke part all together.

What mixing the tobacco I with your weed?never tried that, but it may be fun with one of my menthols

Its just how I like to smoke, it stays lit more consistently. Also seems to make it smoother and more mellow than straight weed.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
01-11-2013, 02:04 AM
Isn't it suppose to get you high quicker? because the nicotine speeds up the heartrate which in turn pumps the weed around your body faster.
I read that somewhere, probably here actually.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.