SOPA Will fall

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2012, 02:06 PM
RE: SOPA Will fall
Uh - HELLO - who the hell chose this month?

I have vacation from Feb 25th to Mar 5th. Sad Thanks a gob!

Dodgy Since I suppose I won't be seeing a movie at my local art house cinema on my freaking birthday, someone might want to list some fun shit for me to do.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
20-01-2012, 02:14 PM
I'm in...
Hardly buy entertainment anyway...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
20-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Seems to me that your local art cinema is probably not part of the system being protested. Huh What kind of stuff do they show? Hollywood stuff or local stuff?
20-01-2012, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2012 03:08 PM by Chas.)
(20-01-2012 01:08 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(20-01-2012 01:03 PM)kineo Wrote:  Hmm, seems like a good idea to me. What about Netflix? Maybe I'll suspect my account for the month, they have controls that allow you to do that.

I'm all for causes, but let's not get carried away here. You want me to go a month without Netflix?Dodgy

Go to your friendly, local rental store for a DVD. This won't show up on the books of the conglomerates.
(20-01-2012 01:38 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(20-01-2012 01:23 PM)kineo Wrote:  If the movement gets big enough, I'll go without Netflix for a month. I already have no TV/Cable/Satellite.

Ah young Kineo, your folly lies in your desire to follow instead of lead. The movement CAN'T get big unless you choose to go without Netflix BEFORE it's big.

Just sayin.

Wait - he did it first. Doesn't that make him a hipster trendsetter?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-01-2012, 03:10 PM
(20-01-2012 03:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  Wait - he did it first. Doesn't that make him a hipster trendsetter?

I was a trendsetter before it was trendy. Cool
20-01-2012, 03:17 PM
(20-01-2012 02:14 PM)kineo Wrote:  Seems to me that your local art cinema is probably not part of the system being protested. Huh What kind of stuff do they show? Hollywood stuff or local stuff?

Lately, they've been showing more well known stuff -they can barely scrape by. I recently saw the new version of Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy. But mostly they present first run, obscure, art stuff and original films.

Reminds me... I saw this there and thought it VERY relevant to the forum:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher_Ground_(film)

The great thing about art cinemas... they serve coffee, tea, and beer at the concession stand. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
20-01-2012, 03:19 PM
I'm pretty much doing this already. Haven't bought a DVD or bluray in 7-8 months, seen a movie in theaters in 9 months or bought more than 1-2 CDs in the same period. I only pay for netflix and pirate what the studios won't let them have. No reason to pay more for specific movies just because the greedy atudios think they can milk more profits that way...

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 2 users Like Azaraith's post
20-01-2012, 03:21 PM
(20-01-2012 03:19 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  I'm pretty much doing this already. Haven't bought a DVD or bluray in 7-8 months, seen a movie in theaters in 9 months or bought more than 1-2 CDs in the same period. I only pay for netflix and pirate what the studios won't let them have. No reason to pay more for specific movies just because the greedy atudios think they can milk more profits that way...

Your story mirrors mine then. Big Grin
20-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Wow 115,000 sites joined the blackout. Insane...

http://blog.reddit.com/2012/01/thank-you.html
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
20-01-2012, 05:01 PM
(20-01-2012 04:57 PM)kineo Wrote:  Wow 115,000 sites joined the blackout. Insane...

http://blog.reddit.com/2012/01/thank-you.html

Now, THAT is really cool. Smile