SOPA and PIPA protest day is today; The Blackout

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2012, 04:49 AM
RE: SOPA and PIPA protest day is today; The Blackout
You tell them Hamata!

As for this senators that are opposing the bill, do you now see how strong we can be when we all unite? These chair-lovers have realized that they need to listen to their voters, if they intend to keep them and their voters and their votes are even more important than large companies that fund politicians campaigns, because, what will you do with all the money for your campaign, if you have no voters?

Press them and press them hard, spam their inbox and push them until they realize!

Unfortunately, EU has a completely different type of bill passing, so I have no one to press here, I have no one to write to. Even if you Americans succeed, EU will fuck us all up. This time, we are the worst oppressors. Sorry USA.

EU wants to give us ACTA, different, but worst kind of SOPA and PIPA..

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
25-01-2012, 08:55 PM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2012 09:13 PM by robotworld.)
(24-01-2012 04:49 AM)Filox Wrote:  You tell them Hamata!

As for this senators that are opposing the bill, do you now see how strong we can be when we all unite? These chair-lovers have realized that they need to listen to their voters, if they intend to keep them and their voters and their votes are even more important than large companies that fund politicians campaigns, because, what will you do with all the money for your campaign, if you have no voters?

Press them and press them hard, spam their inbox and push them until they realize!

Unfortunately, EU has a completely different type of bill passing, so I have no one to press here, I have no one to write to. Even if you Americans succeed, EU will fuck us all up. This time, we are the worst oppressors. Sorry USA.

EU wants to give us ACTA, different, but worst kind of SOPA and PIPA..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but ACTA seems to be a global policy. The countries that signed the bill are the United States, Australia, Canada, Japan, Morocco, New Zealand, Singapore, and South Korea. ACTA was first developed by Japan and the United States in 2006.

ACTA is indeed worse than SOPA. It's influence spreads not only on the web but through companies in various other industries such as tourism for example. It may cause an economical collapse if passed. What's with them hiding censorship rules in trade agreements? Look at the TPP (Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement)

Maybe the 2012 doomsday scenario/new era refers to the passing of such laws, changing the world?

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 1 user Likes robotworld's post
25-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Don't worry it's just the birth of the online nation, after everyone starts hating their physical countries. Anarchy is getting it's shot =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
26-01-2012, 04:34 AM
V for Vendeta is coming. It is inevitable.

And yes robotworld, ACTA is global, EU is now pushing that, but it is global thing, so that is why it is much worse than SOPA/PIPA which are USA based. But you all have to mind that USA has the control over Internet, so any law that passes in USA alone, has global applications.

Now I know, you will say that USA does not own the Internet, but all the major Internet administrative companies are USA based and that is where the whole thing originated, so yeah, USA runs the Internet, at least more than the rest of the countries. For example:

ICANN - The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers is based in USA (California) and that one is more than enough to dictate everything else. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icann

ISOC - Internet Society (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Society) - USA based, Washington.
IETF - Internet Engineering Task Force; U.S. government's National Security Agency (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IETF)
IAB - Internet Architecture Board; was created originally by the United States Department of Defense's Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency with the name Internet Configuration Control Board during 1979) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Ar...ture_Board
InterNic - Internet Network Information Center - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internic - Internet governing body primarily responsible for domain name and IP address allocations from 1972 until September 18, 1998 when this role was assumed by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)

It appears only 1 big player is not directly registered in USA, but in Switzerland.

CORE - Council of Registrars - (http://www.corenic.org/about_core.htm)

So, even is ACTA is global and PIPA/SOPA are only USA based bills, they are all global, everything concerning USA laws directly affect the rest of the world in the exact same manner as the USA citizens, when Internet is concerned.

-Hunter S. Thompson
27-01-2012, 05:13 AM
Well, here are some interesting news about ACTA and its more evil twin; the TPP.

First of all, there is a new petition going on, it seems that Obama signed ACTA without first going to the Congress for ratification.

Quote:...even if Obama has declared ACTA an executive agreement (while those in Europe insist that it's a binding treaty), there is a very real Constitutional question here: can it actually be an executive agreement?

Link to the articles are here and here.

Link to the White House petition is here.

This is interesting, it seems that Parliment in Europe is starting to show signs of opposition towards ACTA.

Quote:Thankfully, Marietje Schaake, a Member of the European Parliament (whose excellent work we've discussed before) has taken to Reddit to provide a lot more detail about the process itself, and what people can do to speak up.

Link to the article is here.

Another related news is that Kader Arif, the official in charge of ACTA quits & denounces the masquerade behind ACTA, this is very interesting indeed...

Quote:I want to denounce in the strongest possible manner the entire process that led to the signature of this agreement: no inclusion of civil society organisations, a lack of transparency from the start of the negotiations, repeated postponing of the signature of the text without an explanation being ever given, exclusion of the EU Parliament's demands that were expressed on several occasions in our assembly.

Link to the article is here.

And finally, the TPP... There is some serious stuff going on with that f*cker, first of all, it has been disscused in so much secrecy, we know about it now thanks to leaked information.

The interesting, or rather scary part is that this is going to be discused soon, but it will be a door closed discussion in West Hollywod, why am I not surprised?

Quote:To show just how ridiculous this is, it has been leaked out that next week there will be a negotiation over TPP. Unlike ACTA, where at least the negotiators would admit where and when negotiations were happening (though, not always with much time for others to get there in time), the TPP negotiations are kept entirely in the dark from the public.

Link to the article can be found here.

TL;DR

We need to spread this information.

Peace.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2012, 08:41 AM
(27-01-2012 05:13 AM)MasterRottweiler Wrote:  Well, here are some interesting news about ACTA and its more evil twin; the TPP.

First of all, there is a new petition going on, it seems that Obama signed ACTA without first going to the Congress for ratification.

Quote:...even if Obama has declared ACTA an executive agreement (while those in Europe insist that it's a binding treaty), there is a very real Constitutional question here: can it actually be an executive agreement?
Peace.

I'm not familiar with 'executive agreement' but the Senate has to ratify treaties, and this sure sounds like a treaty.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-02-2012, 06:43 AM
Yeah, you can bitch all you want, if they signed it, it is over. And more and more countries are signing this shit and no one even talks about it. This is why USA is way better than the rest of the world, you can write to your representatives and stop them, we can't. But even USA tends to sign some papers without the knowledge of its people. That is not what democracy is suppose to be. Not in USA, not anywhere. This is a sad moment in the history of modern world.

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
02-02-2012, 05:43 PM
This is relevant:

[Image: 20120202.gif]

src= http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=...2508#comic