STD (Shake-Transmitted Disease) (Explicit)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2012, 01:30 AM
STD (Shake-Transmitted Disease) (Explicit)
Alright...work with me on this. I'm sitting here, knocking back a couple of beers, and my mind starts wandering. So, an odd sexual question dawns upon me.

Let's say a man has an STD of some sort (Herpes, perhaps). One day, he rubs one out before heading out to town, and fails to wash his hand(s) afterward. When he gets to town, he runs into an old friend. He shakes hands with his friend, who then goes about their merry way. When the friend arrives at their own home, THEY decide to rub one out as well. In doing so, has he just accidentally contracted Herpes from his friend?

This question, of course, is not limited to Herpes. Are there any STD's which can survive outside the body on someone's unwashed hand for long enough to be passed to an unwitting acquaintance?

(I wont go into detail, obviously, but I shook the hand of a salty old truck driver less than an hour ago and...well...let's just say I have a unique interest regarding the risk)

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
15-11-2012, 02:15 AM
RE: STD (Shake-Transmitted Disease) (Explicit)
Yes, you could get an STD in such a scenario, it's a low risk though, as you need a certain amount of viruses or bacteria to get infected and from a handshake it could not be enough. But the risk is still there, so if you're afraid you should go to a doctor :/

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
15-11-2012, 02:26 AM
The handshake itself does not need to be dangerous IF you do not touch your eyes, mouth, nose, food you eat and so on. before you wash your hands. It is important that the bacteria/virus does not come in contact with wound(s) or your mouth (nose), so then even if you do pick something up, it can be localized to your hand only (exterior), then you wash it and problem solved.

Why in the world did you even ... Never mind, I don't want to know, but why didn't you go to the first WC and wash your hands?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
15-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Eh. I'm a manly-man. lol. I figure my immune system exists for a reason.

15-11-2012, 04:51 PM
Yuk!

Apparently we touch our faces with our hands over 3000 times daily... Ohmy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
15-11-2012, 07:37 PM
From your avatar picture, I think you're pretty safe.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
15-11-2012, 10:00 PM
(15-11-2012 04:51 PM)aurora Wrote:  Yuk!

I very much doubt that that is true. Doing some simple math you can see how unlikely it would be.

Assuming you are sleeping for 8 hours per day, and are relatively inactive during sleep, that leaves only 16 hours for you to touch your face 3000 (or more!) times daily.

16(hrs) * 60min = 960 min to touch your face 3000 or more times. 3000/960 = 3.125. You would have to touch your face 3.125 times every single minute to touch your face 3000 times. But it is unlikely that you touch your face every waking minute, so some of those minutes would have to have you touching your face more than 3 times. I don't know where to go with the math from there, but in my book this scenario is highly unlikely unless you have psoriasis or something.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
[+] 2 users Like Near's post
15-11-2012, 10:11 PM
(15-11-2012 10:00 PM)Near Wrote:  
(15-11-2012 04:51 PM)aurora Wrote:  Yuk!

I very much doubt that that is true. Doing some simple math you can see how unlikely it would be.

Assuming you are sleeping for 8 hours per day, and are relatively inactive during sleep, that leaves only 16 hours for you to touch your face 3000 (or more!) times daily.

16(hrs) * 60min = 960 min to touch your face 3000 or more times. 3000/960 = 3.125. You would have to touch your face 3.125 times every single minute to touch your face 3000 times. But it is unlikely that you touch your face every waking minute, so some of those minutes would have to have you touching your face more than 3 times. I don't know where to go with the math from there, but in my book this scenario is highly unlikely unless you have psoriasis or something.
You can tell that to the documentary I saw Tongue

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
15-11-2012, 10:12 PM
We touch our faces much more often than we realize. Much of it is done subconsciously, so it's not carried over to our immediate awareness. Some sources say 3 times a minute; others say once every 3 minutes. I'm sure it depends entirely on the person, so we could only really go with the average.

From what I've googled real quick just for this post, multiple sources say about 16 times an hour - give or take.

15-11-2012, 10:15 PM
That would be far less than 3000 times per day.

Contribute to the Community Resource!