SUPER DOUBLE checkmate atheists!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2013, 08:38 AM
RE: SUPER DOUBLE checkmate atheists!
(27-07-2013 08:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-07-2013 08:21 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The world as it stands today is inherently hostile to new life. Even if said life were to happen in a hermetically sealed environment there is no free floating material on which to feed everything is more complex now that it was at the beginning simply because all the free resources were swallowed up then forcing the earliest life to adapt to a new reality in which one group placed all their chips into energy collection and metabolization (aka Plants) and the other diversified and became hunters (aka animals). Even beginning at that that stage, it would have been insurmountable for a second abiogenesis to occur, conditions had changed life had moved on and new freshly formed life would have been easy prey for the now more advanced (if only just slightly) life already existent.

It is certainly possible, possibly almost certain, that many kinds of self-replicating molecules came into existence.
Complexes of interacting molecules would have been in competition. They could even all have died out and been replaced by a new batch.

We may never know, but what is clear is that one chemistry won the early trials.

That is possible but once we moved past stage 1 into stage 2 the deck was stacked against another abiogenesis from being successful. If a whole bunch of separate ones happened at once and only 1 had the replication errors necessary to begin evolution or even if 1 had a higher chance of replication errors that might have tipped the balance but once Evolution had begun the ability for another abiogenesis event to successfully take root is almost 0.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2013, 11:07 AM
Did anyone read the comments below the Ray Comfort crap? The third post down by Makeshift Man is a real keeper. I'm sure he's an atheist. Wonder if he's on TTA?

Great comment Makeshift Man!! Yes! ThumbsupThumbsupThumbsup

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
27-07-2013, 11:23 AM
it is as if ray secretly wants to be a comedian

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
27-07-2013, 12:27 PM
(27-07-2013 08:29 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  ... But seriously, what did he expect to find in there when he opened that jar?! "Oh shit! New life that I can already see with the naked eye"! Dumbass creationist...

I saw that one years ago.

At first I though it was making fun of creationists.

A true Poe.

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-07-2013, 12:35 PM
(27-07-2013 12:27 PM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  
(27-07-2013 08:29 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  ... But seriously, what did he expect to find in there when he opened that jar?! "Oh shit! New life that I can already see with the naked eye"! Dumbass creationist...

A true Poe.

What pisses me off is that I love peanut butter and jam sandwiches, but now I have to check the peanut butter every time I make one. Censored

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
27-07-2013, 12:56 PM
(27-07-2013 12:27 PM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  

A true Poe.

When I first saw this one I thought it had to have been a joke making fun of Christian's ideas of the arbitrary nature of how one gets into heaven. Nope, this was made by Christians for Christians.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
27-07-2013, 06:17 PM
(25-07-2013 04:46 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(25-07-2013 04:33 PM)Ratatat Wrote:  Does Ray Comfort understand Richard Dawkins doesn't actually think we're related to a banana? Humans only have some DNA in common with them.

I accept the banana as a family memeber.

My girlfriend does sometimes.......

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
[+] 1 user Likes PeterKA's post
27-07-2013, 07:52 PM
(27-07-2013 12:56 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  When I first saw this one I thought it had to have been a joke making fun of Christian's ideas of the arbitrary nature of how one gets into heaven. Nope, this was made by Christians for Christians.

Here's a double extra creepy exposition of the same idea:

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0037/0037_01.asp

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
27-07-2013, 08:10 PM
(27-07-2013 07:52 PM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  
(27-07-2013 12:56 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  When I first saw this one I thought it had to have been a joke making fun of Christian's ideas of the arbitrary nature of how one gets into heaven. Nope, this was made by Christians for Christians.

Here's a double extra creepy exposition of the same idea:

Jesus fucking tap dancing Christ that's insane!

27-07-2013, 08:54 PM
(27-07-2013 08:10 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(27-07-2013 07:52 PM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  Here's a double extra creepy exposition of the same idea:

Jesus fucking tap dancing Christ that's insane!

[Image: hell_banana.png]

[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post