Poll: Should we ban SUV's?
No ban.
Ban all SUV's from public roads.
Ban private SUV's from public roads, but allow police, fire, etc.
None of the above.
[Show Results]

SUV Rights Acknowledgement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2012, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2012 11:25 AM by Chas.)
SUV Rights Acknowledgement
SUV's on public roads are very dangerous.

We are not going to ban motor vehicles even though they kill tens of thousands of people every year; far more than guns. However, SUV accidents account for a disproportionate number of deaths compared to any others.

Nobody needs a freakin' SUV, a military-style vehicle. SUVs kill.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
14-08-2012, 11:15 AM
RE: SUV Rights Acknowledgment
(14-08-2012 11:12 AM)Chas Wrote:  SUVs kill.

SUV's don't kill, God's plan kills.
Find all posts by this user
14-08-2012, 11:37 AM
RE: SUV Rights Acknowledgement
SUV's kill, and spoons make you fat!

I still hate the horrible things though.

my advice to anyone owning one is, Loose the junk and get yourself a real personality!

They don't really need to be banned for me. But it would be nice. They are worthless for 95% of us anyway...

Also: I'm grumpy

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
14-08-2012, 11:40 AM
(14-08-2012 11:37 AM)Observer Wrote:  SUV's kill, and spoons make you fat!

I still hate the horrible things though.

my advice to anyone owning one is, Loose the junk and get yourself a real personality!

They don't really need to be banned for me. But it would be nice. They are worthless for 95% of us anyway...

Also: I'm grumpy

The death and injury rate for accidents involving SUV's really is greater than for passenger vehicles.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-08-2012, 11:45 AM
(14-08-2012 11:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  The death and injury rate for accidents involving SUV's really is greater than for passenger vehicles.
Much like pit-bulls and Rottweilers, I think that number tells us more of the mindset of the average SUV owner then of the SUV itself...

They're still snot on wheels though...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
14-08-2012, 07:30 PM
I just don't like them; driving an SUV is the same as wearing your flat brim hat on a 73 degree angle (dont ask) it's irritating. It is funny however when someone who drives an SUV complains about how much money they spend on gas, it's like a theist getting angry at god for not helping them.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
14-08-2012, 07:40 PM
I don't know why anyone who doesn't either live out in the country or goes off roading often would have one. Just kind of seems like an over compensating for something thing.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
14-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Dangerous fucking things they are! Especially when inexperienced drivers get behind the wheels of them.

If one hit me I'd be gone (as I drive a sports car and the toughest parts of their car are right at my head level).

Gas guzzling fucking trucks GET OFF THE ROAD!!!! Dodgy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
14-08-2012, 08:00 PM
The argument should be, Ban HUMMERS since they actually are a military style vehicle but mainstreamed for practical use.. which is the exact comparison counterpart.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
14-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Ban 'em. I hate them like none other, since they're useless. Got kids? MINIVAN! More practical, cheaper, and they have sliding doors so your bratty kids won't ding my car doors. Carry lots of stuff all the time? Pickup truck (grumble). Carry lots of stuff on occasion? Small car + UHAUL! Go offroading? Pickup or Jeep Wrangler. Or if you must have an SUV, a Unimog is much cooler than a shitty Hummer or Tahoe.

Oh, and if you text and drive, especially in an SUV, I've got a two middle fingers pointing your direction. Might be extra-grumpy with them since I ride a motorcycle and it seems that the ones that try to merge into me most often are SUVs. You know those tassels that Harley riders sometimes have? They detach and have steel balls/caps on the end - they're for whacking at things. SUVs make me want to jerry-rig my own version...

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 1 user Likes Azaraith's post