SW: Battlefront - “I’ll pay you $60 now, then $50 when we get to Alderaan”

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2015, 11:43 AM
SW: Battlefront - “I’ll pay you $60 now, then $50 when we get to Alderaan”
Star Wars Battlefront season pass priced at $50

$140 to pre-order the Ultimate Edition on Origin, which includes the season pass.

Samuel Roberts @ PCgamer.com Wrote:This week, EA announced the $50 season pass of mysterious content for its multiplayer shooter. I wasn’t surprised by this but a little disappointed that’s come so early. Essentially, I worry Battlefront is now a game I can enjoy for a finite amount of time before the player base is split up. It being Star Wars is likely to make it last longer, but, well… did no-one learn anything from Evolve?

The week's highs and lows in PC gaming

[Image: 4536784-4719919712-Seal_.jpg]

For a game so poorly optimized that it recommended 16GB of RAM, like it was hemorrhaging memory from a severed femoral artery. Dodgy

In short: EA is being really EA'ish, which shouldn't surprise anybody.

Carry on.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-10-2015, 02:56 PM
RE: SW: Battlefront - “I’ll pay you $60 now, then $50 when we get to Alderaan”
People still give money to EA? I swore those thieves off years ago.
[+] 1 user Likes Cthulhu Dreaming's post
18-10-2015, 06:17 PM
$50 USD? Fucking hell.
So, $60USD for the actual game and than $50USD for a couple more maps, maybe an extra gun or two.
So basically $140USD for the game.

And all for a game that doesn't have a single player, as EK said is poorly optimized and is published by EA possibly the most money grabby industry wrecking company in the industry and is basically just a Battlefield 4 Star Wars themed mod/skin?

Yea, fuck that shit. And fuck EA.

Meanwhile, 343 is giving away all future DLC (multiplayer map packs mostly as well as extra armor sets and other cosmetic stuff) with Halo 5 which will be a far superior multiplayer experience anyway.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
18-10-2015, 10:36 PM
(18-10-2015 06:17 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Meanwhile, 343 is giving away all future DLC (multiplayer map packs mostly as well as extra armor sets and other cosmetic stuff) with Halo 5 which will be a far superior multiplayer experience anyway.

That prevents them from fracturing the player base, with those who don't pay for map-packs being unable to play with those who do. So if they release those for free to everyone and trickle them out over time, they hope to keep people invested enough that they then won't mind making cosmetic purchases. They're still doing it for their own financial best interests, but they are going about it in a far more end-user friendly way.

SW:Battlefront is basically a dumbed down Battlefield, with little vehicle play (except for ship-to-ship only space battles, which will be a latter DLC: pay up fuckers), no character classes, and no native VOiP (because fuck you if you want to talk with people in game). It's a shooter for the lowest common denominator.

18-10-2015, 10:41 PM
This makes me sad. I mean I knew EA was going to fuck up one of my favorite gaming franchises, but it still makes me to read about it.

Fuckin' EA.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
18-10-2015, 10:50 PM
(18-10-2015 10:41 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  This makes me sad. I mean I knew EA was going to fuck up one of my favorite gaming franchises, but it still makes me to read about it.

Fuckin' EA.

Fun Fact: The developer of the first two Battlefront games was a studio called Pandemic. They were acquired and merged with Bioware (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Baldur's Gate, Jade Empire, Mass Effect), before they both were subsumed by EA, who then put the ax to Pandemic after Mercenaries 2: World in Flames and The Saboteur.

RIP Pandemic.

[Image: 256px-Pandemiclogo.svg.png]

Oh, and they also were responsible for the first two Destroy All Humans! games as well.

[Image: Destroy_All_Humans_box_art_for_the_PlayStation_2.jpg]

[Image: 58737_front.jpg]

[Image: Official_Saboteur_Game_Cover_Art.JPG]

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
19-10-2015, 06:15 AM
I wonder if Escape Artist ever comes to these threads and thinks "WHAT DID I DO!?!? WHY DO THEY HATE ME?!"

Laugh out load

Yeah, fuck EA. This shit is getting beyond ridiculous. I WAS going to play Battlefront, but I don't know if I can shell out any more money to that company in good conscience.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
19-10-2015, 06:49 AM
Quote:That prevents them from fracturing the player base, with those who don't pay for map-packs being unable to play with those who do. So if they release those for free to everyone and trickle them out over time, they hope to keep people invested enough that they then won't mind making cosmetic purchases. They're still doing it for their own financial best interests, but they are going about it in a far more end-user friendly way.

Agreed. It certainly is in their best interest, but it's also in the consumers best interest because hey, free DLC. Keeps playlists populated too.

I do like the cosmetic revenue model. Means I get to game cheaper (because I never buy cosmetic stuff). Smile

Quote:SW:Battlefront is basically a dumbed down Battlefield, with little vehicle play (except for ship-to-ship only space battles, which will be a latter DLC: pay up fuckers), no character classes, and no native VOiP (because fuck you if you want to talk with people in game). It's a shooter for the lowest common denominator.

Gross. I never played the beta but it looks like I wasn't missing out.
No classes? That makes zero sense. Both Battlefront games had classes and pretty much every Battlefield as far as my memory serves has had classes. So why does this not have classes? That's ridiculous..
And no native VOiP in this day age is rather lazy...

Sounds like they're just selling a lemon with a Ferrari name badge on it.

Quote:Fun Fact: The developer of the first two Battlefront games was a studio called Pandemic. They were acquired and merged with Bioware (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Baldur's Gate, Jade Empire, Mass Effect), before they both were subsumed by EA, who then put the ax to Pandemic

RIP Pandemic indeed. God damn they made great games.
EA really does make everything it touches turn to shit.
I wish they would just stick with selling sporting games to suckers and leave every other genre alone.

Quote:Yeah, fuck EA. This shit is getting beyond ridiculous. I WAS going to play Battlefront, but I don't know if I can shell out any more money to that company in good conscience.

I'd never pay $140USD for a game that is more like half a game.
It has the Battlefront name but that looks like about it.

At the very least I'd wait for after release.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
19-10-2015, 08:39 AM
(18-10-2015 10:36 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  and no native VOiP (because fuck you if you want to talk with people in game).

If your playing on xbox with friends chances are you will be in a party and you can talk to your friends while playing the game, same with PS4 and they have options like that for PC too, TeamSpeak for example or what? You want to tell others that you had sex with their mom last night or yell at them that they are hacking? Talking to random's is useless because 9/10 they wont give a shit what you say so in game voice chat is pretty useless when you already have the option to talk to the people you are actually playing with and coordinating with and not have to worry about hearing people bitching because they suck.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
19-11-2015, 05:48 PM

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post