Sabbath rules kill 7 children?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2015, 06:25 AM
RE: Sabbath rules kill 7 children?
I thought they'd solved that problem of not playing with fire on the Sabbath with electronic devices which break a circuit instead of completing it - wasn't that featured in Religulous?

Bloody stupid whichever way you look at it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2015, 07:18 AM
(24-03-2015 06:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  I thought they'd solved that problem of not playing with fire on the Sabbath with electronic devices which break a circuit instead of completing it - wasn't that featured in Religulous?

Bloody stupid whichever way you look at it.

I laugh every time I see those devices that allow Jews to skirt the "do no work" rules. It always sounds like a little kid doing the "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you" thing where they are obeying the absolute literal wording of the restriction but completely flouting the meaning. All it says is that they don't really believe because if they did they wouldn't be willing to try to deceive their god like that. Either that or they believe that Yahweh is powerful, but stupid.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 6 users Like unfogged's post
24-03-2015, 07:25 AM
Stupid? Yes.

But all tolled (and tallied and whatnot), on a scale of 1 to 10 of religious stupidity, this ranks somewhere around a 2 or a 3. Tithing 10% for something no one's ever really proven or demonstrated is at least a 4. Anti-vax cuz Gawd comes in around 6, and denying ALL real medical care for your kids an 8.

I guess my point is, there's bigger fish to fry.
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
24-03-2015, 07:32 AM
(24-03-2015 07:25 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  I guess my point is, there's bigger fish to fry.

No argument there although even stupid, generally amusing crap like this can have serious consequences as the recent fire shows. That part of it isn't funny at all.

24-03-2015, 07:32 AM
(24-03-2015 07:18 AM)unfogged Wrote:  All it says is that they don't really believe
and live in poverty despite having above average intellectual skills and other talents(ultra ortodox atleast)
24-03-2015, 07:37 AM
24-03-2015, 07:39 AM
Poverty kills too but then religion is good at maintaining the status quo which is why the ruling elite support religion.
24-03-2015, 09:29 AM
(24-03-2015 07:32 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(24-03-2015 07:18 AM)unfogged Wrote:  All it says is that they don't really believe
and live in poverty despite having above average intellectual skills and other talents(ultra ortodox atleast)

Oh, so you stereotype as well? That's not surprising at all.

24-03-2015, 09:33 AM
I wonder what they think god will realistically do to them for using an appliance, that is worse that actually burning to death.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
24-03-2015, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2015 11:13 AM by Shadow Fox.)
Quote:"I don't know how I could have everything and now I have nothing," .

well. Maybe if they didn't adhere to ancient bronze age policies, their children might still be alive. This is just another way that religion poisons everything. I do feel terrible for the kids yes, but you look me in the eye and tell me this never would had happened if they would had just fucking cooked their own damn food with a real stove or went out to eat like a normal person would. Their faith and belief that some sky fairy would punish them is what caused the death of their children. Blaming it on some deity or the hot plate itself is like blaming the murder of school children on the gun itself, rather than the psychopath who wielded the gun.

It's only a matter of time before he or some priest has him remember the story of Job and than he gets on the news again for being so...holy or what the fuck ever.

Its obvious that Satan tried to make another deal with god, so god must had punished him by taking his children away to prove a point to satan.

Makes sense right?

*edit*

Wait...something don't add up here.

How can so many able bodied children die in a fire like that?

It was JUST a hot plate? Could they not like....leave the house or just crawl out a window?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ