Sacred Geometry

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Question Sacred Geometry
I had never heard of Sacred Geometry, until yesterday at work. One of my co-workers brought it up.
What is it all about?
What is it that you know about it?
True or False?
I could google it, but I want to know what you awesome people have to say about this!

Flower of Life? I don't know... lol
Plus, I don't know if anyone has mentioned it on another thread. If so, link me? Thanks!

Heart Yaya

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2013, 05:25 PM
RE: Sacred Geometry
(16-02-2013 05:15 PM)Yaya Wrote:  I had never heard of Sacred Geometry, until yesterday at work. One of my co-workers brought it up.
What is it all about?
What is it that you know about it?
True or False?
I could google it, but I want to know what you awesome people have to say about this!

Flower of Life? I don't know... lol
Plus, I don't know if anyone has mentioned it on another thread. If so, link me? Thanks!

Heart Yaya

I suggest you Google it and get back to us. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
16-02-2013, 05:39 PM
There is a lot of woo surrounding it lol.

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
Find all posts by this user
17-02-2013, 11:59 PM
The history of math includes the study of lots of things for silly reasons. A lot of yahoos believed they were on the hunt for the secret of the universe ...

Go ahead with the searches, but don't drink the Kool-aid, drop the acid, or whatever.
18-02-2013, 12:20 AM
It's a triangle! It's a pyramid! It's SACRED GEOMETRY!

I gotta say, it takes a lot of practice and patience. One screwup and you have to restart.

[Image: spirograph-super1.jpg]

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 4 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
18-02-2013, 12:43 AM
(18-02-2013 12:20 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  It's a triangle! It's a pyramid! It's SACRED GEOMETRY!

I gotta say, it takes a lot of practice and patience. One screwup and you have to restart.

[Image: spirograph-super1.jpg]

Oh holy shit - I loved my Spirograph!! I didn't have the Super Spirograph but I had the first, regular one in the blue box. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
18-02-2013, 12:45 AM
(17-02-2013 11:59 PM)closet.atheist Wrote:  Go ahead with the searches, but don't drink the Kool-aid, drop the acid, or whatever.

Oops. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
18-02-2013, 12:58 AM
Nah... Sacred Geometry is a catch-all term covering Pythagorean geometry and neo-Platonic gometry, as well as the perceived relationships between organic curves and logarithmic curves... the observed geometry found in nature.

Whatever spirituality you put into it is the only spirituality to be found there... just like anything else. Shy

18-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Sacred geometry is the language of nature, quite beautiful. Google Fibonacci Sequence. Don't have to believe in a supreme being to appreciate the beauty of nature.

18-04-2013, 05:42 PM
While many of these so-called "patterns" are pretty I never understood what was so great and mystical about it either.
The universe does not operate on mathematics or anything, these are just tools we use n order to stud and understand our world.
I have said before that if you go traveling in space, you will not see one single mathematical symbol floating around. The radio signals from stars do not emit mathematical equations and you will certainly not gain peace by plastering your walls with mandalas.

The universe operates on its own terms, it does not and never will use our language or tools..we use tools to study and measure.
Patterns are not real things in themselves, we construct them according to what we understand and expect.

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is Alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange.