Sacred undergarments not just for the Mormons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2015, 03:02 PM
RE: Sacred undergarments not just for the Mormons
(08-09-2015 02:55 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(07-09-2015 07:01 AM)sandeecohen Wrote:  In fact I mention the Jewish tallit katan simply to show that Mormons are not the only group with special undergarments. (Although I doubt a Jewish man would consider the tallit as having any special powers)
Symbols(and garments are symbols) do not have special power by themselves. But sometimes symbols can have power. Symbols remind us about promises we make to God(when we forget). So, power in this:
Power of symbols in helping us to learn, to understand better, to remember better.

So then is God just a symbol?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2015, 03:02 PM
(07-09-2015 09:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  Silly clothes are silly clothes. Drinking Beverage
Because nobody can see my undergarments I don't care if they look silly. Laugh out load

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
08-09-2015, 03:04 PM
Why do LDS people have undergarments? Undergarments as many symbols is outward expression of inner convictions. We work at different places with people of different convictions that is why our undergarments are not a problem, nobody can see them. We look the same way all people look.

08-09-2015, 03:05 PM
(08-09-2015 03:02 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(08-09-2015 02:55 PM)Alla Wrote:  Symbols(and garments are symbols) do not have special power by themselves. But sometimes symbols can have power. Symbols remind us about promises we make to God(when we forget). So, power in this:
Power of symbols in helping us to learn, to understand better, to remember better.

So then is God just a symbol?
No, but God teaches us using symbols. People need symbols, without symbols we can not communicate.

08-09-2015, 03:08 PM
(08-09-2015 03:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-09-2015 03:02 PM)jennybee Wrote:  So then is God just a symbol?
No, but God teaches us using symbols. People need symbols, without symbols we can not communicate.

So God uses symbols in all things--but is not a symbol himself. How do you know God is not just another symbol?
08-09-2015, 03:10 PM
(08-09-2015 03:08 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(08-09-2015 03:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  No, but God teaches us using symbols. People need symbols, without symbols we can not communicate.

So God uses symbols in all things--but is not a symbol himself.
Not literally. He can be a symbol for something. You can be a symbol for something.

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
09-09-2015, 07:10 AM
I don't care what ridiculous looking hairstyle, clothing item, or symbol those who are infected with faith choose to subscribe to. However, if it is an item that screams to be ridiculed, then one should expect that. Perfect example is the magic underwear of Mormonism. Just another reason to shake your head and roll your eyes, not only is the religion completely dismantled and disproven, but then it has things like goofy looking underwear seemingly designed to create comedy skits. Hurting anyone? no, ridiculous and deserving of derision? yes.

If I, as a devout follower of Norrg the magical purple unicorn universe creating god who resides in hollow Neptune, choose to wear a sparkly, bedazzled purple unicorn horn glued to the middle of my forehead, I should expect people to point and laugh. What if it isn't seen? What if people knew that followers of Norrg wear special underoos that are purple, and for the men, the horn is an attachment on the underwear portion designed to hide the male sexual organ, because it is sinful to not have it covered inside a cloth horn shape at all times except when showering, one would expect this to be the cause of much derision and merriment...even though it cant be seen, and even though it doesn't "hurt anyone".

When are we as a society going to stop being politically correct in relation to people's faith? if it is ridiculous, then it shouldn't garner respect, but outright derision. You CHOOSE to believe such nonsense, and if you CHOOSE to wear "symbols" of your faith that look ridiculous, you should EXPECT derision.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
09-09-2015, 02:29 PM
(09-09-2015 07:10 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  You CHOOSE to believe such nonsense, and if you CHOOSE to wear "symbols" of your faith that look ridiculous, you should EXPECT derision.
1)I DO expect some people to ridicule it. But many good and truly intellectual people CHOOSE not to do this.
2)I CHOOSE not be offended when my faith and symbols of my faith are ridiculed.
I won't fall that low.

09-09-2015, 02:57 PM
(09-09-2015 02:29 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 07:10 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  You CHOOSE to believe such nonsense, and if you CHOOSE to wear "symbols" of your faith that look ridiculous, you should EXPECT derision.
1)I DO expect some people to ridicule it. But many good and truly intellectual people CHOOSE not to do this.
2)I CHOOSE not be offended when my faith and symbols of my faith are ridiculed.
I won't fall that low.

Good for you Alla, hold your head up high, be proud of your ignorance by believing in unsupported fairy tales that have been completely dismantled. Be proud of your epic level of gullibility. Wear your symbols with pride. Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
09-09-2015, 03:02 PM
(09-09-2015 02:57 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Good for you Alla, hold your head up high,
Thumbsup
(09-09-2015 02:57 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  be proud of your ignorance by believing in unsupported fairy tales that have been completely dismantled.
I don't believe in fairy tales that were dismantled.
(09-09-2015 02:57 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Be proud of your epic level of gullibility. Wear your symbols with pride. Thumbsup
with pride? I wear them to remembe promises I gave to God in His Temple. They are symbols of the covenant.
Symbols, symbols. what can we do without them?