Sacred undergarments not just for the Mormons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2015, 03:03 PM
RE: Sacred undergarments not just for the Mormons
Are Jewish sacred undies just symbolic, or are they bullet and fire proof like Mormon Temple Garments?

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
09-09-2015, 03:05 PM
[Image: underweAR.jpg]

Yeah, there's no way I'm wearing that. The pouch is way too big for my tiny bits. Would just make me feel inadequate. Blush

#sigh
09-09-2015, 03:06 PM
(09-09-2015 03:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  [Image: underweAR.jpg]

Yeah, there's no way I'm wearing that. The pouch is way too big for my tiny bits. Would just make me feel inadequate. Blush

Both undies look super uncomfortable.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
09-09-2015, 03:06 PM
(09-09-2015 03:03 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Are Jewish sacred undies just symbolic, or are they bullet and fire proof like Mormon Temple Garments?
symbolic, any garments are symbolic. every sign and symbol has meaning.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
09-09-2015, 03:18 PM
(09-09-2015 03:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 02:57 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Good for you Alla, hold your head up high,
Thumbsup
(09-09-2015 02:57 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  be proud of your ignorance by believing in unsupported fairy tales that have been completely dismantled.
I don't believe in fairy tales that were dismantled.
(09-09-2015 02:57 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Be proud of your epic level of gullibility. Wear your symbols with pride. Thumbsup
with pride? I wear them to remember what I promises I gave to God in His Temple. They are symbols of the covenant.
Symbols, symbols. what can we do without them?

Consider

Yes, yes actually you do. You see, since the amazing story of Joseph Smith has been completely discredited, it then falls into the mythology/fairy tale category. Understand?

Promises to god huh? Which god Alla? How do you know these are the symbols of the "covenant"? Have you seen the "ark of the covenant"? Lets take a peek at this little gem

The Ark of the Covenant also known as the Ark of the Testimony, is a chest described in the Book of Exodus (Uhoh we know the Exodus never happened) as containing the Tablets of Stone on which the Ten Commandments were inscribed. According to the New Testament Letter to the Hebrews, the Ark also contained Aaron's rod, and a jar of manna; (gasp...the magical rod, oh my)however, the first of the Books of Kings says that at the time of King Solomon, the Ark contained only the two Tablets of the Law. (uhoh, the lie begins to unravel) According to the Book of Exodus(fictional story), the Ark was built at the command of God(prove it), in accordance with the instructions given to Moses (Moses is a fictional character construct as a compilation of several different traditional stories from older Canaanite mythical figures,the existence of Moses, as well as the veracity of the Exodus story, is disputed among archaeologists and Egyptologists, with experts in the field of biblical criticism citing logical inconsistencies, new archaeological evidence, historical evidence, and related origin myths in Canaanite culture ) on Mount Sinai. In Deuteronomy 5:6(uhoh, more fiction..Since the evidence was first put forward by W.M.L de Wette in 1805, scholars have accepted that the core of Deuteronomy was composed in Jerusalem in the 7th century BC in the context of religious reforms advanced by King Josiah who reigned 641–609 BC), these events are described as having transpired at Mount Horeb. God was said to have communicated with Moses "from between the two cherubim" on the Ark's cover.(uhoh, more fiction, Moses never existed...you see Alla, the OT was written by judaen priests from 575-550 BCE based on older sumerian, greek and Cretan mythology...look at you learning shit).

The biblical account relates that, approximately one year after the Israelites' exodus(More BS, exodus never happened) from Egypt, the Ark was created according to the pattern given to Moses by God (BS, Moses didnt exist) when Israel was encamped at the foot of Mount Sinai. Thereafter, the gold-plated acacia chest was carried by the Levites approximately 2,000 cubits (approximately 800 meters or 2,600 feet) in advance of the people when on the march or before the Israelite army, the host of fighting men. (Isn't fiction fun?) When the Ark was borne by Levites into the bed of the Jordan River, the waters parted as God had parted the waters of the Red Sea Gasp, opening a pathway for the entire host to pass through. (I just LOVE magic, story needs more dragons though) The walls of the city of Jericho were shaken to the ground with no more than a shout from the army after the Ark of the Covenant was paraded round them for seven days by Levites accompanied by seven priests sounding seven trumpets of rams' horns.(wow, and yet that story isnt recorded ANYWHERE outside of the bible) According to National Geographic in 2007, there are no contemporary extra-biblical references to the Ark. (no shit)

Dont make me drag you around the school yard yet again Alla.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
09-09-2015, 03:24 PM
(09-09-2015 03:18 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Yes, yes actually you do. You see, since the amazing story of Joseph Smith has been completely discredited, it then falls into the mythology/fairy tale category. Understand?
what story exactly was completely discredited? Consider

09-09-2015, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2015 03:33 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(09-09-2015 03:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 03:18 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Yes, yes actually you do. You see, since the amazing story of Joseph Smith has been completely discredited, it then falls into the mythology/fairy tale category. Understand?
what story exactly was completely discredited? Consider

Book of Mormon, from beginning to end. Joseph Smith, the criminal, being a "prophet"....and of course the big kahuna lie the "book of Abraham." You forget the thrashing I gave your religion already?..... :

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-Mormonism

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
09-09-2015, 04:09 PM
(09-09-2015 03:30 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 03:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  what story exactly was completely discredited? Consider
Book of Mormon, from beginning to end.
nobody discredited it. not yet.
(09-09-2015 03:30 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Joseph Smith, the criminal,
this is just a statement
(09-09-2015 03:30 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  being a "prophet"....and of course the big kahuna lie the "book of Abraham." You forget the thrashing I gave your religion already?..... :
yes, I remember trashing you gave. I do not remember discrediting it.

09-09-2015, 04:18 PM
(09-09-2015 04:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 03:30 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Book of Mormon, from beginning to end.
nobody discredited it. not yet.
(09-09-2015 03:30 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Joseph Smith, the criminal,
this is just a statement
(09-09-2015 03:30 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  being a "prophet"....and of course the big kahuna lie the "book of Abraham." You forget the thrashing I gave your religion already?..... :
yes, I remember trashing you gave. I do not remember discrediting it.

Reread our discussion.

a true statement...Joseph Smith WAS a criminal, fact.

I fully discredited the book of abraham in our discussion, even if you refuse to accept it.

09-09-2015, 05:19 PM
(09-09-2015 03:03 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Are Jewish sacred undies just symbolic, or are they bullet and fire proof like Mormon Temple Garments?

Jewish religious garments are not under garments, per say. No Jewish garments are bullet or fire proof, or have any intrinsic magical qualities that offer protection to the wearer or will “activate” under certain conditions. –One notable exception would be the high priest's breast plate, but this is not the thread for that.

Most Jewish religious attire is worn by men only, and most of it is worn for cultural or Rabbinic reasons, not because of Mosaic law. Kippahs (those little skull caps) are entirely cultural; Hebrew scriptures make no mention of them at all. The Hebrew scriptures do say that when a man wears a square garment, there should be fringes on it. –But those scriptures never say that a man must wear a square garment. Jewish men who wear this are doing it because they’re choosing to partake in the cultural aspect of Judaism and not because they think G-d is going to come after them in the dead of the night and scorch them alive for failing to comply with tradition.