Poll: Would you die to save something?
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2012, 01:21 AM
RE: Sacrifice
(01-07-2012 10:55 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(01-07-2012 09:36 PM)itsacow Wrote:  If the whole human race would die.. would you not still die?
You assume I am human.
So does that mean you are a monkey? Only animal I know of who could possibly type. Tongue

Under Repair.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2012, 03:42 AM
I might be stupid, but since I already lived through one war as a kid, I think I would die for my country if duty called for it. Not so much "for my country", but for protecting those around me, family, friends... When I say "protect", I mean protect the place I live against any invaders, not go on the other side of the world, say I am protecting my country and die in some shithole where I don't even understand the language they speak.

Other than that, really not much more things/people to die for...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
02-07-2012, 06:07 AM
(02-07-2012 01:21 AM)itsacow Wrote:  
(01-07-2012 10:55 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You assume I am human.
So does that mean you are a monkey? Only animal I know of who could possibly type. Tongue
OR I was dipped in a pool of toxic waste as a baby and have developed super hero abilities and have evidently become some sort of ultra super mega super hero.
I mean you can believe what you want but at the end of the day, you never know...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
02-07-2012, 07:04 AM
(01-07-2012 04:54 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Of course I would, and I think everybody else should as well. If the entire human race was going to become extinct unless you killed yourself, would you do it? Of course you would. Otherwise you would be the most selfish prick ever to walk the earth.
STFU. Peeps trying to tell me my morality can stick their dick in a food processor. Tongue

Any fool can die for his Gwynnies. I live for my Gwynnies. So there it is.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
02-07-2012, 07:18 AM
Thinking about the story of Jesus, there certainly are circumstances in which one would sacrifice himself for the sake of humanity. Imagine if you were to do the same thing as Jesus and three days later you would just respawn like a Boss and ascend into heaven so that you can chill out on a cloud-couch with God and watch some football while drinking an ice cold beer.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
02-07-2012, 05:41 PM
(01-07-2012 05:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(01-07-2012 04:54 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Of course I would, and I think everybody else should as well. If the entire human race was going to become extinct unless you killed yourself, would you do it? Of course you would. Otherwise you would be the most selfish prick ever to walk the earth.
I can honestly say, if the whole human race was gonna be wiped out unless I died, I still wouldn't sacrifices myself.

That's a bit selfish dont ya think??
02-07-2012, 05:51 PM
(02-07-2012 05:41 PM)Magoo Wrote:  
(01-07-2012 05:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I can honestly say, if the whole human race was gonna be wiped out unless I died, I still wouldn't sacrifices myself.

Depends on the scale you use. On a human scale, sure it's selfish, but on a life scale, perhaps not.

If I were in a situation where suicide would save human kind, I would consider opting out, even if it meant my life in the end anyways. I'd have to consider whether keeping humans on thelanet, even to the detriment of the planet itself was worth it to me.

Basically you have to ask yourself, "is human life more valuable than life in general?"

So many cats, so few good recipes.
02-07-2012, 05:53 PM
.....man I wanted to toss some Clint Eastwood in there at the end.......

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
02-07-2012, 06:01 PM
(01-07-2012 10:55 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(01-07-2012 09:36 PM)itsacow Wrote:  If the whole human race would die.. would you not still die?
You assume I am human.
Not really... What makes it have to be your own race? I would willingly sacrifice myself to save a different alien sentient race if I knew it would save them and their potential to befit the spreading of sentient life in the universe.

I think sentient life may be more valuable than other... I can't say for sure because we don't know if it really is special or we just have a slow evolving simpleton lifeform planet.

If I got to be Jesus? Oh yeah I would do it.. a little whipping and crucifixion is nothing compared to being co-ruler of everything afterwards.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
02-07-2012, 09:42 PM
(02-07-2012 05:41 PM)Magoo Wrote:  
(01-07-2012 05:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I can honestly say, if the whole human race was gonna be wiped out unless I died, I still wouldn't sacrifices myself.

Yea of course it is.
But I'm the one alive eating all the free ice cream one can eat.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post