Sad Movies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2012, 04:01 AM
Sad Movies
So does anyone else like sad movies?

I for one really like sad movies, I don't know why but I just do.
I think it's easy to make someone laugh or smile, but to make someone cry I think takes something really moving.
I just find that all movies that make you cry are just really well done. I dunno, maybe that's why I like them.

But anyway, I just got finished watching 'Everyone's Fine'. If you haven't seen it, go out and rent it now. Or download it, whatever. Really good movie. The part near the end where the lady shows the painting is thee saddest moment in a movie ever. Ever sadder then that moment towards the end of 'I Am Sam'.

So, does anyone else like sad movies and if you do what are some really sad movies you recommend?

Also by sad movies I don't mean like Titanic where it has like one potentially sad moment at the end, I mean a movie that's like full on depressing the whole way through.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2012, 12:41 AM
RE: Sad Movies
To be honest...
I don't really like the fake emotions of movies.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
10-08-2012, 01:23 AM
Not very much. I like movies with a good mix of it all.
Everyone can focus on one emotion and play it out intensly but having a wide variety in the movie, well balanced and well played is much better, in my opinion at least.
Which does not mean that I do not like any sad movies. I like "PS I love you", I like "Ghandi" and "Schindler's list"...

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-08-2012, 01:25 AM
I thought it was pretty sad with MegaPrime first killed Optimus. I think I almost shed a tear.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
10-08-2012, 01:29 AM
I enjoy personal triumph movies. I probably cry as much for them as sad movies though. (no salty snacks!)
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
10-08-2012, 01:35 AM
Mm. I think the last really saaaaad movie I saw was Million Dollar Baby. Man... that was just devastating.

I do recommend it, sad or otherwise... it's just an extremely good movie. Thumbsup

There was another movie that I felt deeply for... I don't know if it was sad, maybe... The Constant Gardner. It was very real - truthfully real - everything about it was stunningly honest. It's an experience and I recommend it highly. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
10-08-2012, 02:02 AM
OH! I just remembered ... Never Let Me Go... Holy crap! It's very mysterious... downright spooky.
Fffuuuuuuuuuuuuck... this one may have you catatonic on a the couch when it's over... you'll probably look like this: Shocking
_______
Hey, I just also remembered Children of Men. Hmm. Yes - sad bits there.

Both of these might be sort of considered "science fiction" - at least that's how their respective novels were categorized.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
10-08-2012, 02:40 AM
(10-08-2012 01:25 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I thought it was pretty sad with MegaPrime first killed Optimus. I think I almost shed a tear.

Each their own.
The first movie to ever make me cry was Castaway, the famous "WILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!" scene.
Gets me every time, no joke.

@Kim, I will have to check those out. I've seen Never Let Me Go. Swedish movie. It is... strange to say the least. And that's coming from someone who likes foreign movies.

Which reminds me of my all time favorite movie, "The Road". Sad bit there.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
10-08-2012, 07:08 AM
Truly Madly Deeply has gotta be up there as an amazing down-lifting bunch of acting.

I swear that is real snot exuding from Juliet Stevenson's nose as she weeps. But it has uplifting moments too which may not be to your taste, Muffsy.

Also, although a bit dated now, there is West Side Story. The song "Somewhere" at the end.... blub!

10-08-2012, 07:25 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2012 12:28 PM by KidCharlemagne1962.)
Leaving Las Vegas was one of the saddest and depressing movies I have ever seen. It was well acted and written but not a feel good movie.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post