Sad Sad Sad..Toronto Blessing and other Nonsense

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2012, 02:53 PM

Sad Sad Sad..Toronto Blessing and other Nonsense
Its truly sad that people fall for such nonsense.

The videos of the Toronto Blessing still amaze me to this day. Amazed in the sense that masses of normaly smart folk would fall for such Snake Oil.

The guys at the helm of this foolishness Rodney Howard Brown and his ilk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjqrIJVvk...re=related

Its just pure stupidity. Danm near proof of DEevolution!

NOW anyone as OLD as i am will remember the creepy poster for the Anthony Hopkins movie called "MAGIC" (1978). Does anyone else think that Kenneth Copeland LOOKS EXACTLY as that freaky puppet?? See for yourself.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2012, 05:31 PM
RE: Sad Sad Sad..Toronto Blessing and other Nonsense
Wow!

This is unbelievably bad.

I guess the audience is getting a laugh out of it. But what are they left with as they get in their cars and drive home? Their pockets have been emptied. They've learnt nothing. they're just as confused and deluded as ever.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2012, 05:43 PM
How funny, Denicio. I almost posted something about holy laughter this morning when you were talking about visiting different kinds of churches. I knew a couple people who went to the Toronto Blessing and they thought it was just a wonderful thing. Undecided

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
19-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Some people just take up space, I wish I was a religious leader, then I would be rich.
19-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Rodney is a real professional con man, just like Keffie Copeland

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
20-03-2012, 12:39 PM

(19-03-2012 05:43 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  How funny, Denicio. I almost posted something about holy laughter this morning when you were talking about visiting different kinds of churches. I knew a couple people who went to the Toronto Blessing and they thought it was just a wonderful thing. Undecided

Well, the church i mentioned in my OTHER Churches Thread called 'Christ the Rock' tried to EMULATE the Toronto blessing for themselves. They'd have some of those speakers come to try and issue in the holy spirit. Just think of the cash these speakers were raking in to channel pretend and imaginary friends!!!! And the DUMB ASS parishioners who gladly filled the buckets full of money.

It really speaks to society as a whole that there is a HUGE majority of gullible people who will fall for such tomfoolery! Who will glady pay cash to these tax exempt leaders, to vote for someone who is most like these charismatic snake oil salesmen.

The most BRILLIANT move was the Post 9/11 tie in of Patriotism and Jesus! Making those two things ONE is brilliant, for attendance and tithing.

Back to the Toronto Blessing....wasnt it Rodney Browne that brought in the ROARING in the Spirit, and barking like dogs and other animals? To me it comes across like an inside joke between Browne and Copeland. "Hey, i bet i can get them to bark like dogs"... "Oh yeah, I'll have them lying on the ground and roaring like lions"...and the bet was made, the joke was done...and then hundreds of people "Were touched cuz it was a WONDERFUL thing".
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
20-03-2012, 12:55 PM
This is a better clip of the audience participation in the madness.

Regarding the Copeland/Browne video, that's the first time I've ever seen people talking to each other in tongues. That's ridiculous even for people that believe in speaking in tongues, which is meant to be a special prayer language, not a bunch of babbling to each other like a couple of con men.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
20-03-2012, 01:09 PM

(20-03-2012 12:55 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  This is a better clip of the audience participation in the madness.

Regarding the Copeland/Browne video, that's the first time I've ever seen people talking to each other in tongues. That's ridiculous even for people that believe in speaking in tongues, which is meant to be a special prayer language, not a bunch of babbling to each other like a couple of con men.

Did you see the comments on the video you posted? "This is from the Bad Imaginary Fellow, not the Good one!" (so to speak). Pure insanity!
The comments saying its NOT of god are as crazy as the people acting like fools in the video.
20-03-2012, 01:38 PM
(20-03-2012 01:09 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Did you see the comments on the video you posted? "This is from the Bad Imaginary Fellow, not the Good one!" (so to speak). Pure insanity!
The comments saying its NOT of god are as crazy as the people acting like fools in the video.

Lol, no I didn't see that comment. But that's hilariously typical. Well that guy is a crazy con-man. But our guy, even though he is doing exactly the same thing is filled with the Holy Spirit!

~Izel
20-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Wouldn't it be awesome if the audience didn't buy it and just booed these buffoons, and someone got it on film!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post