Saint Elrond?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2017, 06:24 PM
Saint Elrond?
For years, a Brazilian woman has been using a small statue in her prayers which she thought was an image of one of her favorite saints: St. Anthony, patron saint of the poor, hopeless causes and lost articles. Her great granddaughter discovered that the figurine was not St. Anthony, but a 3" statuette of actor Hugo Weaving as Lord Elrond from Lord of the Rings. The statuette was eventually replaced with a real figure of St. Anthony.

Lord Elrond was described by J.R.R. Tolkien as, noble and fair as an Elf-Lord, as strong as a warrior, as wise as a wizard, as venerable as a king of dwarves, and as kind as summer. Clad in his elven robes and wearing a silver tressure across his forehead, Elrond does, in my opinion, possess a saintly appearance. Smile

Source: PENTHOUSE MAGAZINE, April 2017
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Gwaithmir's post
23-03-2017, 06:27 PM
RE: Saint Elrond?
Allow me to ground that for you. Smile

[Image: 13442370_great-grandmother-spends-years-...fbb12b.jpg]

[Image: 3BE2F8D600000578-0-image-m-9_1483691103282.jpg]

In reality praying to one or the other made as much sense.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
23-03-2017, 06:28 PM
.... I mean.... I got no problem with anyone worshiping Lord Elrond, he's pretty bad ass.... Just read the holy books (lord of the rings series, and the Hobbit)..... Just sayin lol

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
23-03-2017, 06:33 PM
I shall write to Rome tomorrow.
St. Elrond sounds like he should be the patron saint of dildos.
Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-03-2017, 06:34 PM
(23-03-2017 06:24 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  For years, a Brazilian woman has been using a small statue in her prayers which she thought was an image of one of her favorite saints: St. Anthony, patron saint of the poor, hopeless causes and lost articles. Her great granddaughter discovered that the figurine was not St. Anthony, but a 3" statuette of actor Hugo Weaving as Lord Elrond from Lord of the Rings. The statuette was eventually replaced with a real figure of St. Anthony.

Lord Elrond was described by J.R.R. Tolkien as, noble and fair as an Elf-Lord, as strong as a warrior, as wise as a wizard, as venerable as a king of dwarves, and as kind as summer. Clad in his elven robes and wearing a silver tressure across his forehead, Elrond does, in my opinion, possess a saintly appearance. Smile

That is hilarious! Laugh out load I'd consider praying to Legolas, just sayin' Tongue

[Image: latest?cb=20130627111817]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 6 users Like jennybee's post
23-03-2017, 06:35 PM
(23-03-2017 06:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I shall write to Rome tomorrow.
Angel

Well, that is a saint that would put a smile on people's faces Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
23-03-2017, 06:39 PM
(23-03-2017 06:34 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(23-03-2017 06:24 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  For years, a Brazilian woman has been using a small statue in her prayers which she thought was an image of one of her favorite saints: St. Anthony, patron saint of the poor, hopeless causes and lost articles. Her great granddaughter discovered that the figurine was not St. Anthony, but a 3" statuette of actor Hugo Weaving as Lord Elrond from Lord of the Rings. The statuette was eventually replaced with a real figure of St. Anthony.

That is hilarious! Laugh out load I'd consider praying to Legolas, just sayin' Tongue

> Legolas is cool too. Wink
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
23-03-2017, 06:41 PM
(23-03-2017 06:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I shall write to Rome tomorrow.
Angel

> No, that would be Frodo's unmentioned cousin, Dildo Baggins. Big Grin
[+] 6 users Like Gwaithmir's post
23-03-2017, 06:43 PM
(23-03-2017 06:28 PM)JesseB Wrote:  .... I mean.... I got no problem with anyone worshiping Lord Elrond, he's pretty bad ass.... Just read the holy books (lord of the rings series, and the Hobbit)..... Just sayin lol

> And don't forget the bible of Middle Earth: The Silmarillion. Thumbsup
[+] 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post
23-03-2017, 07:44 PM
(23-03-2017 06:34 PM)jennybee Wrote:  

Hummm. Maybe I'll convert to Legolaism too. Angel

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post