Coulda' been worse.
Coulda' been ...
[Image: dsDFUV4.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
23-03-2017, 08:08 PM
RE: Saint Elrond?
(23-03-2017 06:24 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  For years, a Brazilian woman has been using a small statue in her prayers which she thought was an image of one of her favorite saints: St. Anthony, patron saint of the poor, hopeless causes and lost articles. Her great granddaughter discovered that the figurine was not St. Anthony, but a 3" statuette of actor Hugo Weaving as Lord Elrond from Lord of the Rings. The statuette was eventually replaced with a real figure of St. Anthony.

Lord Elrond was described by J.R.R. Tolkien as, noble and fair as an Elf-Lord, as strong as a warrior, as wise as a wizard, as venerable as a king of dwarves, and as kind as summer. Clad in his elven robes and wearing a silver tressure across his forehead, Elrond does, in my opinion, possess a saintly appearance. Smile

Source: PENTHOUSE MAGAZINE, April 2017

And I bet she got answers to her prayers when she prayed to Elrond.
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
24-03-2017, 12:29 AM
Haha, you beat me to it.

I'd love to hear her rationalize them all away afterwards, too.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-03-2017, 08:43 AM
(23-03-2017 08:08 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(23-03-2017 06:24 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  For years, a Brazilian woman has been using a small statue in her prayers which she thought was an image of one of her favorite saints: St. Anthony, patron saint of the poor, hopeless causes and lost articles. Her great granddaughter discovered that the figurine was not St. Anthony, but a 3" statuette of actor Hugo Weaving as Lord Elrond from Lord of the Rings. The statuette was eventually replaced with a real figure of St. Anthony.

Lord Elrond was described by J.R.R. Tolkien as, noble and fair as an Elf-Lord, as strong as a warrior, as wise as a wizard, as venerable as a king of dwarves, and as kind as summer. Clad in his elven robes and wearing a silver tressure across his forehead, Elrond does, in my opinion, possess a saintly appearance. Smile

Source: PENTHOUSE MAGAZINE, April 2017

And I bet she got answers to her prayers when she prayed to Elrond.

Yes Every bit as effective!
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
24-03-2017, 10:58 AM
NSFW for language:

[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
24-03-2017, 11:19 AM