Saint or Monster?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2015, 11:14 PM
Rainbow Saint or Monster?
Hi, I'm Shelly. I've been an atheist since I stopped believing in Santa Clause. My problem with all religions is how do they make rational men/women behave like saints or a monsters? How could any serious rational human being spend the rest of his/her life worshipping a bearded white male in pious servitude? Can a club of over 2 billion people be wrong, or are they just attention seekers, weak willed, perverted, ego and megalomaniacs, or just plain delusional? There had to be some purpose or patterns that was common in all religions. There Are!!

Precepts or Doctrines are not intellectually challenging and written in story form.
There is a promise of everlasting bliss or enlightenment through atonement and servitude.
INTERPRETATION
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ShellShilo's post
09-07-2015, 11:26 PM
RE: Saint or Monster?
Hi Shelly. Welcome to TTA forum.

Those examples you give all seem on the money.

I hope you enjoy your stay. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
09-07-2015, 11:30 PM
Hi Shelly, Welcome to the group!

Religions love to get members when they are young--before they are fully capable of analyzing bullshit. Then the powers that be use scare tactics (i.e. hell) and the fear of being shunned by family/friends/community as feasible ways of keeping members in check. I know this worked on me back when I was Christian.

Jenny

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
09-07-2015, 11:35 PM
Welcome
10-07-2015, 01:06 AM
Hi.

How man can spend his life in worship you ask. Indoctrination would be the answer. Also how many people really believe and what number of them only say it or use their belief to persecute others?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
10-07-2015, 03:58 AM
(09-07-2015 11:26 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hi Shelly. Welcome to TTA forum.

Those examples you give all seem on the money.

I hope you enjoy your stay. Smile

Thank you Banjo for taking the time to respond. I will always respond back. I'm still trying to get use to the forum, but I'll get there. Thanks again! Shell
10-07-2015, 04:03 AM
(10-07-2015 03:58 AM)ShellShilo Wrote:  Thank you Banjo for taking the time to respond. I will always respond back. I'm still trying to get use to the forum, but I'll get there. Thanks again! Shell

My pleasure.

In time you will get the hang of it here. Mistakes are nothing more than mistakes. Such as making a double post or thread. Not a huge deal.

Feel comfortable. We (and I suspect I speak for most) are always interested in getting to know sincere people.

Enjoy your time here. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
10-07-2015, 04:59 AM
Hi Shelly and welcome.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
10-07-2015, 05:18 AM
Rainbow RE: Saint or Monster?
(09-07-2015 11:30 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Hi Shelly, Welcome to the group!

Religions love to get members when they are young--before they are fully capable of analyzing bullshit. Then the powers that be use scare tactics (i.e. hell) and the fear of being shunned by family/friends/community as feasible ways of keeping members in check. I know this worked on me back when I was Christian.

Jenny

Thank you Jenny for that warm welcome and taking the time. I will always respond back, depending on the numbers. Proselytizing is still tantamount to child abuse. Especially, since your target audience is genetically wired to follow authority. Another targeted group is the elderly and the sick. In most cases, they are the results of a wasted religious life, and must now pray and hope that their sacrifices were not wasted.

I find it infinitely more rewarding to interact with people that can freely and genuinely express a wide range of feelings and emotions, rather than people that are one dimensional, disingenuous, hypocritical and pious. The spark of innocence that all animals have at birth, should never be extinguished by the word, "purpose". Thanks again for listening. Shell Heart
[+] 1 user Likes ShellShilo's post
10-07-2015, 05:42 AM
Rainbow RE: Saint or Monster?
(09-07-2015 11:35 PM)pablo Wrote:  Welcome

Thank You Pablo. I will always try to respond back, since you also took the time. Obviously a person of few words. I've been a atheist since I stop believing in Santa Clause. Nothing can destroy an individual's sprit so completely, then religion. Hopefully, truth and intellect will slow down the spread of this religious virus, that is now dumbing down our society. Thanks for listening. Shell Heart