Saint or Monster?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2015, 01:03 AM
Rainbow Saint or Monster?
Hi, I'm Shelly. I've been an atheist since I stopped believing in Santa Clause. My problem with all religions is how do they make rational men/women behave like saints or a monsters? How could any serious rational human being spend the rest of his/her life worshipping a bearded white male in pious servitude? Can a club of over 2 billion people be wrong, or are they just attention seeking, weak willed, perverted, ego and megalomaniacs, or just plain delusional? There had to be some purpose or patterns that is common in all religions. There Is!!

[list]
[*]Precepts or Doctrines are not intellectually challenging and written in story form.
[*]There is a promise of everlasting bliss or enlightenment through atonement and servitude.
[*]INTERPRETATION is just another word for truth in religious rhetoric.
[*]Being unable to prove that another dimension exist only means that it must really exist, e.g., a person on the TV screen is unaware that an audience exist.
[*]No religious elder will offer any scientific evidence for peer review, or successfully defend that evidence at any scientific convention of any discipline.
[*]Even if you are not rich or powerful, be docile and obedient. It is only when you are dead that you will be rewarded.

I suppose that if the numbers agree that SHIT is good enough to eat, there will be a new addition to the menu.: drool: If all people would come together to celebrate how incredibly lucky we are to experience life through our senses, considering all the events that could have gone wrong.:

Our society has the potential to improve so much suffering in the world, and lead the way in new research and developments, and also provide opportunities for all to reach a minimum standard of happiness and security. What we don't need is imaginary solutions to real problems. Please, don't let religion dumb us all down.: heart:: Shell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2015, 02:07 AM
RE: Saint or Monster?
Duplicate thread Wink I'm sure it will receive a moderate response. Welcome to the forum.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
10-07-2015, 03:52 AM
Thank you for your warm welcome, and taking the time. I'm still trying to navigate through all the procedures, but I'll get there. Self love is my first love, everything else follows. Shell
[+] 1 user Likes ShellShilo's post
11-07-2015, 12:44 AM
Rainbow RE: Saint or Monster?
(10-07-2015 02:07 AM)morondog Wrote:  Duplicate thread Wink I'm sure it will receive a moderate response. Welcome to the forum.
Thank you morondog for your response, I will always try to respond. I will try in the future, not to be a source of frustration for you Wink Thanks again.
Shell Heart
11-07-2015, 01:19 AM
Are you like a human pretending to be a bot? You're not very good at it.

#sigh
11-07-2015, 01:43 AM
That fucking "E" again!
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post