Salutations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2013, 07:08 PM
Salutations
Greetings,

As the name implies, I am my parents' seventh son. I was raised Catholic and come from a family of 10 (I assure you, having such a large family has all the problems you'd expect and then some - especially when you throw religion and extreme hoarding into the mix). Though I had been doubting for several years, it was only a few years ago when I finally left the church and completely opened my eyes and accepted that it was all a terrible lie.

I'm happier than ever, having escaped all that, though I have yet to be open about it with my family. I know, I know; it's the same ol' story that's been told a billion times. But hey, here's to a couple billion more, eh?Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like SeventhSon's post
12-09-2013, 07:13 PM
RE: Salutations
(12-09-2013 07:08 PM)SeventhSon Wrote:  Greetings,

As the name implies, I am my parents' seventh son. I was raised Catholic and come from a family of 10 (I assure you, having such a large family has all the problems you'd expect and then some - especially when you throw religion and extreme hoarding into the mix). Though I had been doubting for several years, it was only a few years ago when I finally left the church and completely opened my eyes and accepted that it was all a terrible lie.

I'm happier than ever, having escaped all that, though I have yet to be open about it with my family. I know, I know; it's the same ol' story that's been told a billion times. But hey, here's to a couple billion more, eh?Thumbsup

Welcome!

I understand the big family thing, my dad has 9 siblings...there is some sort of wedding/religious affair/graduation/birthday every freaking weekend.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
13-09-2013, 10:03 AM
Welcome!
Fun fact: In my country your godfather would be the president Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
13-09-2013, 10:17 AM
(12-09-2013 07:08 PM)SeventhSon Wrote:  Greetings,

Welcome. Extreme hoarding in a family of ten? Sounds claustrophobic. My place is bad enough with just three of us being lazy slobs. Hope you've got a warehouse.

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
13-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Welcome to the forum ! you was raised in a family of ten children. I suppose that you're a former traditional catholic.
14-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the welcomes, everyone.

(13-09-2013 10:17 AM)I Am Wrote:  Welcome. Extreme hoarding in a family of ten? Sounds claustrophobic. My place is bad enough with just three of us being lazy slobs. Hope you've got a warehouse.
Yeah, as bad as the lack of space was (a few of my brothers and I didn't have a room or bed for several years, despite us living in a very large house), it was the financial burden of raising 10 kids coupled with the terrible hoarding (which, of course, meant my mom buying a lot of junk) that made things particularly difficult.

As much as I can't stand the Catholic church, it did help me out a bit. In third grade, I broke my foot bad, and as we never had insurance, I wasn't taken to the doctor to get it checked out. Actually, my family wouldn't believe it was broken lol Though eventually one brother did wrap it. And naturally my leg had to break while I was on Christmas vacation from school. Well, a few weeks later, the staff at the Catholic school I was attending quickly noticed my limping and inquired about that. I told them my family couldn't afford to take me to a doctor, so the church loaned us some money so I could get a cast for it and all.

(13-09-2013 01:40 PM)viocjit Wrote:  Welcome to the forum ! you was raised in a family of ten children. I suppose that you're a former traditional catholic.
Eh, not really. My dad had some traditional Catholic leanings, but that was about it.