Salutations!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2015, 01:34 PM
Wink Salutations!!
Hi there. I guess I'm one of the new kids here and I should probably introduce myself Smile

I used to be a very devout, and conservative, Christian. Then around summer or fall last year, I started to question a lot of things about my faith and about Christianity in general. A lot of personal things that happened and are still happening in my life made me question, as well as the things I see that happen in the world and some rational philosophical concepts, like the problem of evil or the problem of hell. From then to now, I went from a conservative Christian to a liberal Christian to a Christian deist to a regular deist to an agnostic to an agnostic atheist to just an atheist. I still consider myself agnostic, because I really just don't know and I will probably never really know if a god really does or doesn't exist, but I'm definitely more on the atheist side now. I don't really know a lot of other atheists and I live in a family that is pretty religious. I guess I want a support system for my beliefs (or lack thereof) and a place where I can talk to other atheists about religion or other topics and not have to worry about offending anyone. I like talking to other atheists, they can see where I'm coming from a lot of the times and they see things through an objective, secular, and rational lens and they don't bring God or religion into things.

Other things about me...I'm atheist but really struggling with the concept of anti-theism. I don't really like it but I find myself having some anti-theist tendencies at times. So I kind of want to get that sorted out. I am African-American and I find it interesting that there aren't many atheist African-Americans. I'm bisexual and I think that was one of the reasons why I didn't want to stay a Christian anymore. I'm also an intersectional feminist and a womanist, but I won't talk about that much unless someone brings it up because I've noticed that it's a hot, hot, hot button topic. I love to sing, draw, paint, and write. I want to help the world out in some way, I don't know what or how yet...but I'm going to do something. I'm young, and just going into 10th grade this upcoming school year, but I do like to have deep discussions and I like talking about things that matter. I feel like I'm a 30-year-old in a 15-year-old's body sometimes. I really can't relate to kids my age, but I get on with adults just fine Big Grin I hope you all don't mind my ignorance and immaturity when it does come to certain topics or concepts because I am still a kid.

Well...I think that's an okay introduction. I hope I can have great discussions and make a lot of great friends here <3 thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like PrettyGirlRock's post
08-08-2015, 01:52 PM
RE: Salutations!!
Welcome! Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
08-08-2015, 01:57 PM
Jump on in... the water's fine...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
08-08-2015, 01:58 PM
Welcome!
08-08-2015, 02:00 PM
Pull up a chair and join right in! Welcome!

Drinking Beverage

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-08-2015, 02:02 PM
Welcome to TTA. Good to see you've been able to grasp reality as it is at such a young age. You've got your whole life ahead of you to live as you see fit, unhindered by irrational dogma. That's a wonderful thing! Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
08-08-2015, 02:05 PM
Welcome aboard!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
08-08-2015, 02:08 PM
Welcome aboard!

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
08-08-2015, 02:11 PM
Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
08-08-2015, 02:18 PM
[Image: bear_waving_hello.gif]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze