01-02-2018, 07:58 PM
RE: Salutations, folks
Hello! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2018, 08:37 PM
(01-02-2018 03:46 PM)Sexy_Jesus Wrote:  
(01-02-2018 03:35 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Welcome to the forum family. I hope you like it here as much as I do!

I don't own a smart phone either. My cell phone plan is from 1998 and just keeps getting grandfathered. It has 15 minutes a month with rollover for what I don't use. 19/20 times I get minutes rolled over. And dammit, I'm proud of that.

One note, you said "of course" to being an atheist----just so you know, that doesn't actually go without saying. We don't stop theists from joining the forum. Some have been here a long time and are intelligent, respectful people. I'm not one of them, by the way. Just thought I'd mention that though.

Good to know, I suppose I should've guessed that it wasn't completely atheists here. It's all good, I'm glad to see that most folks here are friendly. And I will say, I am damn impressed by your 15 minutes a month, I only wish I could get away with that.

In all fairness I spend more than 15 minutes each month on the cell phone, but the vast majority is calls to and from my husband's cellphone, so those minutes are "free" and don't count against the 15 minutes. Less than half a dozen people even know my cell phone number. So nuisance calls from scammers and sales pitches particularly piss me off when they bite into my minutes without permission.

Oh, and NO data plan----I wouldn't even know how to send a text message.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
02-02-2018, 12:22 AM
Welcome to the forum Smile

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-02-2018, 03:45 AM
Awesome stuff, welcome aboard duder! Smile

God never finds you at a good time. You’re never sittin’ courtside at a Knicks game gettin’ a hand job from Halle Berry, God shows up. “Ah, she strokes a good dick, don’t she? I made her! I made your dick, too. Enjoy the game!” - Chris Rock
02-02-2018, 06:19 AM
Welcome aboard. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
02-02-2018, 06:33 AM
Hello and welcome from up here in Canada Smile

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
02-02-2018, 08:29 AM
Welcome! Great username!
02-02-2018, 10:48 AM
G'day mate, and welcome to the forums. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
02-02-2018, 03:03 PM
(01-02-2018 01:14 PM)Sexy_Jesus Wrote:  Also, I don't own a smartphone; I don't want one thinking for me. Wouldn't own a phone at all if it weren't a professional requirement, but such is the world we inherited.

Hear hear!

Quote:Other than that, can't say that there's anything especially interesting about little ol' me. Looking forward to meeting you folks and sparking some intelligent conversations. 'Til then, peace, love & good whiskey.

We should get along just fine.

Welcome to TTA. Smile

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
02-02-2018, 04:32 PM
I thank you all for your warm welcome, I expect we'll all have some good times and talks in the near futureSmile

A Catholic, an Atheist, a Muslim, a Jew, a Hindu, a Baptist, and a Pastafarian all walk into a bar. They chat, drink, laugh, and have a good time. There's no joke to be had. It's what happens when you're not a dick.