Salvation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2013, 09:31 AM
Salvation
[Image: 1274677_428364893939923_1379312576_o.png]

...and I'm thinking, would I even shoot somebody to save myself? In that (I love my Gwynnies) I've learned the essentials of this life, I'm all ready to die.

Or to save others?

And if I'm standing there with a gun in my hand, the only life I can truly save belongs to that of the aggressor - saving him from me.

I continually observe theists overlooking this potential. Law is a wonderful thing, but an even more wonderful thing is other people.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
22-09-2013, 09:48 AM
RE: Salvation
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA​AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
22-09-2013, 09:51 AM
(22-09-2013 09:48 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA​AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Could you repeat that please.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
22-09-2013, 09:55 AM
(22-09-2013 09:51 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-09-2013 09:48 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA​AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Could you repeat that please.

You're insufferable.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
22-09-2013, 09:59 AM
salvation cant b an objective word, and as a subjective mean it is the source of all sins

salvation is related to sin, that u cant define bc u have a subjective sense about urself as a sinner

u like ur gods keep creating more monsters and devils life from what u will never stand in truth

only truth of its most simple mean is the source of existence rights

when u dont justify what u mean being existing and insist to copy others arguments, u r then opening a wide door to new devils being through claiming what never exist
and truth as it exists would confirm the worse to all more realistically
22-09-2013, 10:16 AM
(22-09-2013 09:59 AM)absols Wrote:  salvation cant b an objective word, and as a subjective mean it is the source of all sins

salvation is related to sin, that u cant define bc u have a subjective sense about urself as a sinner

u like ur gods keep creating more monsters and devils life from what u will never stand in truth

when u dont justify what u mean being existing and insist to copy others arguments, u r then opening a wide door to new devils being through claiming what never exist

[Image: h21F6E885]

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
22-09-2013, 10:37 AM
(22-09-2013 09:31 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  an even more wonderful thing is other people.

A nice sentiment, but other people with guns shooting at me is not a wonderful thing. Letting the shooter live gives him a better chance to take out more, actually wonderful people who are not psychotic killers.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
22-09-2013, 10:43 AM
(22-09-2013 10:16 AM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  
(22-09-2013 09:59 AM)absols Wrote:  salvation cant b an objective word, and as a subjective mean it is the source of all sins

[Image: h21F6E885]

Every absols post reminds me of this:

22-09-2013, 10:44 AM
The mind is the mind and instincts are instincts.

While I may decide to kill myself one day if my future looks totally doomed for health reasons, I do have a survival instinct and I would blow a shooter away given a chance.

And HOC - when the shit hits the fan, your instincts override your brain, you know that, right?

What you think you want to do in a given situation and what you end up doing may be two totally different things.

We have the instinct to save ourselves and ours - self preservation - and the instinct to save others - preservation of the species.

You could even stumble into this situation on your way to rationally commit suicide, and you may still blow the shooter away - purely instinctual.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
22-09-2013, 10:59 AM
(22-09-2013 10:37 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Letting the shooter live gives him a better chance to take out more, actually wonderful people who are not psychotic killers.

This is an illustration of an extreme case for the purposes of pointing out one logical flaw in the theological conception of salvation. Thumbsup

My hippie-activist buddy posted the jpg to my fb; I don't know that story, I'm just telling mine.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user