Salvation Army

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2017, 02:28 PM
Salvation Army
Is there a Salvation Army near where you live? If so, do you have an opinion about them? Around here, they're not very well-liked by secular and minority communities. On one hand, I'm glad that they offer help to the poor, but on the other hand, they only seem to help the poor that are also white Christians. Thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2017, 02:34 PM
RE: Salvation Army
Don't know about our local affiliate, but can understand why there would be a dim view of them. Only a few years ago they got in trouble for referring people to "conversion therapy" to force people to become heterosexuals as part of their beliefs about sexuality. Some of their employees in New York sued them over being forced to try and convert people while doing social service work that was publicly funded. Pretty sure that Australia is investigating them for sexual abuse of children as well.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post
29-04-2017, 02:41 PM
I'm not gonna waste brain power hating on them but there are certainly many other organizations that I'd consider more deserving of my donations or volunteer time.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
29-04-2017, 03:33 PM
I'm happy they offer help to the poor. I personally don't donate to them and instead choose more secular charities. They can decide who they give help to and I can decide who I donate my money to Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
29-04-2017, 09:18 PM
I did have a pretty good opinion of them until they decided to do an advertising campaign reminding everyone that "they're not just a charity but also a Church" and how you can pray and have faith and blah blah blah. If all it took was pray there wouldn't be a need for a 'charity' now would there?

I can't really comment in regards to only helping poor white Christians. We don't have racism like you guys do (we have our own flavor of it of course but it's nowhere near as blatant as American racism) and so poor Maori families often make the best devote members willing to give up 10% of their income on a weekly bases. Plus, that whole white guilt helping the poor brown people aspect to it. But that's all church "charities" really, they all stink of that white guilt helping poor browns thing.

I don't give to charity, because I'm cheap and don't care about other people, but if I did my charitable money wouldn't go anywhere near a church based 'charity'.
29-04-2017, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2017 10:11 PM by Bucky Ball.)
They have The Uniforms.
Jesus likes The Uniforms. Angel
They also ring The Bells.

Mrs. Kroc gave them 1.5 billion dollars. They don' need my steekin' money.
http://www.rense.com/general48/bill.htm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
30-04-2017, 04:34 AM
And someday, I swear I'm going to rip that bell the cocksucker incessantly rings out of their hand and shove it up their ass..

Merry fuckn' xmas, fuckface!!!

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
30-04-2017, 08:50 AM
I try to donate to smaller charities and bypass the Starvation Army entirely.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
30-04-2017, 01:55 PM
(29-04-2017 10:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  They have The Uniforms.
Jesus likes The Uniforms. Angel
They also ring The Bells.

Mrs. Kroc gave them 1.5 billion dollars. They don' need my steekin' money.
http://www.rense.com/general48/bill.htm

The store near near me just folded. Consider
30-04-2017, 04:25 PM
Quote:“The New Deal began, like the Salvation Army, by promising to save humanity. It ended, again like the Salvation Army, by running flop-houses and disturbing the peace.”
— H. L. Mencken

I disagree with him about the New Deal.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!