Salvation Army

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2017, 05:22 PM
RE: Salvation Army
I pulled up Salvation Army store locations near me. Of the first five that came up three of those are in a town (where I used to work) that is populated in large part by people of Hispanic origin though there is also a substantial segment of the population that is Vietnamese. Those two 'minorities' make up just over 50% of the population with another 15% being African-American. So, I am gonna vote 'no' on the poor white people thing.

The bell-ringers drive me nuts but then I don't like being accosted by the Girl Scouts either on my way in and out of a store.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
30-04-2017, 05:24 PM
Salvation Army
I can't stand them bell ringing idiots.
30-04-2017, 11:28 PM
(30-04-2017 05:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I pulled up Salvation Army store locations near me. Of the first five that came up three of those are in a town (where I used to work) that is populated in large part by people of Hispanic origin though there is also a substantial segment of the population that is Vietnamese. Those two 'minorities' make up just over 50% of the population with another 15% being African-American. So, I am gonna vote 'no' on the poor white people thing.

The bell-ringers drive me nuts but then I don't like being accosted by the Girl Scouts either on my way in and out of a store.

They get me, every gorram time...

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
01-05-2017, 06:41 AM
On the bell ringers, they're volunteers, so they vary wildly. For instance in grad school, there was one older guy who was all about it as a bell ringer, and he held the door for everyone at the mall as he saw them going in or leaving. Probably got more donations for not being as annoying and a helpful guy.

Another time I saw a bell ringer with a cardboard sign, "Give me money, not the kettle."

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-05-2017, 07:30 AM
OH so coincidently (or not) there was a Salvation Army guy outside the grocery store today.
I don't get where you guys get this whole bell thing from, they never have bells here. No charities do actually. The only really annoying ones are Unicef, for reasons I've stated in a previous thread somewhere that they're really fucking rude and get right up your face and stand in your way etc..
01-05-2017, 07:35 AM
(01-05-2017 07:30 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  OH so coincidently (or not) there was a Salvation Army guy outside the grocery store today.
I don't get where you guys get this whole bell thing from, they never have bells here. No charities do actually. The only really annoying ones are Unicef, for reasons I've stated in a previous thread somewhere that they're really fucking rude and get right up your face and stand in your way etc..

Now I want to live in New Zealand.

Also this is where we're getting it from:

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-05-2017, 08:21 AM
(01-05-2017 07:35 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(01-05-2017 07:30 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  OH so coincidently (or not) there was a Salvation Army guy outside the grocery store today.

Now I want to live in New Zealand.

Also this is where we're getting it from:

Jesus Christ. I'm with Onlinebiker with this one, I'd wanna shove that damn bell up their ass. And not in a kinky gay way, in an aggressive fuck off way.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
01-05-2017, 08:45 AM
Not sure that would work.
Then they would just "shake their bootie" and you would hear the bell. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
01-05-2017, 08:56 AM
(01-05-2017 08:45 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Not sure that would work.
Then they would just "shake their bootie" and you would hear the bell. Weeping

It'd sound like an old telephone with every fart! Tongue

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
02-05-2017, 11:15 AM
(29-04-2017 09:18 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I did have a pretty good opinion of them until they decided to do an advertising campaign reminding everyone that "they're not just a charity but also a Church" and how you can pray and have faith and blah blah blah. If all it took was pray there wouldn't be a need for a 'charity' now would there?

I can't really comment in regards to only helping poor white Christians. We don't have racism like you guys do (we have our own flavor of it of course but it's nowhere near as blatant as American racism) and so poor Maori families often make the best devote members willing to give up 10% of their income on a weekly bases. Plus, that whole white guilt helping the poor brown people aspect to it. But that's all church "charities" really, they all stink of that white guilt helping poor browns thing.

I don't give to charity, because I'm cheap and don't care about other people, but if I did my charitable money wouldn't go anywhere near a church based 'charity'.

Well said. I am very circumspect when it comes to giving to any charity. I know they have to pay someone(s) to administer the business and so I have no idea how much of my giving gets to the "intended" recipients. Too much money is funneled into other areas just as much of the money the US (and I suppose other countries) sends as "aid" ends up in the hands of affluent people rather than the poor and indiginant(spel?) especially so called third world countries (though I suppose other countries also).

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
[+] 1 user Likes Ro3bert's post