Salvation vs. actions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2013, 12:48 AM
Salvation vs. actions
We need a new subject to give you guys something different to insult. We've about beat the other horses to death.

DISCLAIMER: EVERYTHING I SAY IN THIS THREAD IS MY BELIEF BASED UPON MY OPINION BASED ON WHAT I ACCEPT AS EVIDENCE.

Having said that, atheists seem to confuse two issues in the Bible. These are seperate and individual concepts. One is salvation (regarding your eternal destiny) and the other is your actions as a Christian.

ACCORDING TO MY BELIEF, salvation is based on ONE thing, faith in Jesus Christ as your Saviour. This means accepting God's free gift of grace, truly believeing that Jesus died on the cross 2000 years ago to pay the penalty for your sins. If you believe this you are born again and saved. ACCORDING TO MY BELIEF, there is nothing else you can do to be saved. Jesus is the only path to Heaven. When you are born again, the Holy Spirit puts a seal on you and you can never lose your salvation no matter what you do. Once you are saved you will not try to sin, but sin you will. You may even commit manslaughter in a fit of rage but you wont commit premeditated murder becuase the Holy Spirit resides within you and will keep you from doing that.

Now, ACCORDING TO MY BELIEF, your actions as a Christian only affect your rewards in Heaven. Whatever you did for God will determine your rewards and whatever you did of your own accord will be burned as dross from a furnace.

ACCORDING TO MY BELIEF, there is no good person. Not one. By God's standards if you are not perfect you are not good. When God see's a Christian, He sees the blood of Jesus and, through Jesus blood, we are perfect. God does not see our sins because Jesus forgave them 200 years ago. No man, other than Jesus, when He was on earth, is without sin. It is impossible for man not to sin. The difference between Christians and everyone else is that Christians accepted God's gift of forgiveness and unbelievers did not. I use an imperfect but kinda understandable example of a guy that the king sentenced to death. While he guy was waiting his execution, a man came to the king and said, "Oh Lord, I will offer my life in return for the life of this man. Please execute me and let this man live. The king says that is acceptable. Soldiers go to the man awaiting execution and tell him the news. The man says "Bullshit". I dont believe that. Then he refuses to be released. The soldiers go back to the king and tell him the news and the king says, sadly, "So be it, the man shall die." That's the easiest way I can explain salvation.

Now, there you have my thread, let the flaming, trolling, insulting, etc. begin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2013, 12:52 AM
RE: Salvation vs. actions
So lets say your building a house right? Would you rather have two hands working or a thousand hands praying? I bet my house with my one worker gets it done faster. Do you see what that means?
[+] 2 users Like panterasr9's post
31-01-2013, 12:53 AM
I just have one two part question. What about the jews whom god has declared his chosen people and what about the muslims who believe in jesus but not as a saviour. Your God appears to have forgotten that his only son was born a jew and that he promised salvation to all three of these religions.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
31-01-2013, 12:53 AM
I certainly hope you do not work in Law.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
31-01-2013, 02:53 AM
The beauty of being on this guys ignore list is I can talk about his wife letting me put on my tight assless chaps last night and spanking her with a riding crop.

Does anyone know a good egg recipie? Like a good recipie for scrambled eggs or something?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
31-01-2013, 06:56 AM
Remember our little talk about posting in the right sections?. i'm getting fed up moving your threads.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
31-01-2013, 07:23 AM
Ooooh, that might be a good chance to find an answer to my question in my other thread... So please tell me, short and simple: Is God/Jesus/ or whoever else you admire real to you? By "real" I mean as a part of the natural world, for like for example, my tea cup next to me, or my comp I'm typing on, the air I breathe... I don't want to start any debate, just a clear and direct answer. Thanks! Smile

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-01-2013, 09:57 AM
Booooooring.....Richard, in all sincerity, i've read some of your rants....you have no game. I do however think, with you being an ex cop , that some of those stories would be interesting. Maybe you can tell us how jesus helped you solve some crimes.
[+] 3 users Like tokutter's post
31-01-2013, 12:24 PM
(31-01-2013 12:48 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  We need a new subject to give you guys something different to insult. We've about beat the other horses to death.

DISCLAIMER: EVERYTHING I SAY IN THIS THREAD IS MY BELIEF BASED UPON MY OPINION BASED ON WHAT I ACCEPT AS EVIDENCE.

Having said that, atheists seem to confuse two issues in the Bible. These are seperate and individual concepts. One is salvation (regarding your eternal destiny) and the other is your actions as a Christian.

ACCORDING TO MY BELIEF, salvation is based on ONE thing, faith in Jesus Christ as your Saviour. This means accepting God's free gift of grace, truly believeing that Jesus died on the cross 2000 years ago to pay the penalty for your sins. If you believe this you are born again and saved. ACCORDING TO MY BELIEF, there is nothing else you can do to be saved. Jesus is the only path to Heaven. When you are born again, the Holy Spirit puts a seal on you and you can never lose your salvation no matter what you do. Once you are saved you will not try to sin, but sin you will. You may even commit manslaughter in a fit of rage but you wont commit premeditated murder becuase the Holy Spirit resides within you and will keep you from doing that.

Now, ACCORDING TO MY BELIEF, your actions as a Christian only affect your rewards in Heaven. Whatever you did for God will determine your rewards and whatever you did of your own accord will be burned as dross from a furnace.

ACCORDING TO MY BELIEF, there is no good person. Not one. By God's standards if you are not perfect you are not good. When God see's a Christian, He sees the blood of Jesus and, through Jesus blood, we are perfect. God does not see our sins because Jesus forgave them 200 years ago. No man, other than Jesus, when He was on earth, is without sin. It is impossible for man not to sin. The difference between Christians and everyone else is that Christians accepted God's gift of forgiveness and unbelievers did not. I use an imperfect but kinda understandable example of a guy that the king sentenced to death. While he guy was waiting his execution, a man came to the king and said, "Oh Lord, I will offer my life in return for the life of this man. Please execute me and let this man live. The king says that is acceptable. Soldiers go to the man awaiting execution and tell him the news. The man says "Bullshit". I dont believe that. Then he refuses to be released. The soldiers go back to the king and tell him the news and the king says, sadly, "So be it, the man shall die." That's the easiest way I can explain salvation.

Now, there you have my thread, let the flaming, trolling, insulting, etc. begin.
Holy crap (pun intended), what a bunch of unsupported rubbish. How do you know what "god" sees in us? Is the seal the "holy spirit" puts on me like a tattoo or a butt plug? Do you have any empirical proof that all those "reborn" have never committed murder? Why just murder? Can someone who is "reborn" commit rape since God is clearly ok with that?

What rewards do I get in Heaven. I was under the impression that it was all or nothing. Is there some sort of god credit system in heaven that allows me to buy a seat closer to god or perhaps get a nicer looking virgin? Can you tell me how many credits I get for gay bashing or defending creationism? Can I transfer my starwood points?
[+] 2 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
31-01-2013, 12:49 PM
When I see evidence that you really want to discuss a topic, I'll consider creating a meaningful reply. Until then, I have no interest in entertaining you. And I gotta say, utterances like "let the flaming, trolling, insulting, etc. begin" don't sound very promising.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post