Salvation vs. actions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2013, 04:54 PM
RE: Salvation vs. actions
(31-01-2013 04:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(31-01-2013 12:52 AM)panterasr9 Wrote:  So lets say your building a house right? Would you rather have two hands working or a thousand hands praying? I bet my house with my one worker gets it done faster. Do you see what that means?
I'd rather have a thousand hands preying personally. We cant prove it either way cuz it's a hypothetical. That's why neither I nor most intelligent people dont answer hypotheticals.

Intercessory prayer for post-operative outcomes was tested and found to have no effect.
So, it's not hypothetical.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2013, 04:56 PM
(31-01-2013 04:37 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  Ok so let me see if I have this correctly.

Jesus's death created a get-out-of-jail-free card for everyone who existed and will exist. This card can be used at anytime, thrown away and retrieved without effecting the user's ability to achieve salvation.

Is that correct?
Read this, if you dont want to then fine: http://pentecostperceiver.wordpress.com/...free-card/
Find all posts by this user
31-01-2013, 04:58 PM
(31-01-2013 04:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-01-2013 04:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  I'd rather have a thousand hands preying personally. We cant prove it either way cuz it's a hypothetical. That's why neither I nor most intelligent people dont answer hypotheticals.
LMAO. Damn, why did I waste a post on this crap?

Intercessory prayer for post-operative outcomes was tested and found to have no effect.
31-01-2013, 05:22 PM
Actually there is proof that praying for people harms them.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/health...d=all&_r=0

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

31-01-2013, 05:26 PM
(31-01-2013 04:58 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(31-01-2013 04:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  LMAO. Damn, why did I waste a post on this crap?

I see, evidence means nothing to you.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-01-2013, 05:52 PM
(31-01-2013 04:33 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(31-01-2013 12:53 AM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  I just have one two part question. What about the jews whom god has declared his chosen people and what about the muslims who believe in jesus but not as a saviour. Your God appears to have forgotten that his only son was born a jew and that he promised salvation to all three of these religions.
God, has forgotten nothing. If you are going to talk as if you believe God exists, then lets just say it that way.
God promised salvation to all mankind. YOUR sins have already been forgiven. All you have to do is accept God's free gift of grace.
What about the Jews and Muslims? They've been forgiven, all they need to do is accept that forgiveness by believing that Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for their sins?
What of all the Jews and Muslims who see Jesus as simply a prophet?

Throw in all the Hindus, Zarathustrians, Sikhs, New Agers, et al.

I have nothing against Jesus; its his blood thirsty old man I don't like.
31-01-2013, 05:59 PM
(31-01-2013 05:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  I see, evidence means nothing to you.

[Image: 6a00e54ef2e21b88330168e8fcb6e3970c.jpg]

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
31-01-2013, 06:53 PM
(31-01-2013 12:52 AM)panterasr9 Wrote:  So lets say your building a house right? Would you rather have two hands working or a thousand hands praying? I bet my house with my one worker gets it done faster. Do you see what that means?
What prayer looks like to me:

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
31-01-2013, 06:57 PM
(31-01-2013 06:53 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
What prayer looks like to me:

Step 1: Get on knees and assume the praying stance.
Step 2: Spas your hands every so often.
Step 3: After every three sentences, interject a thunderous "SMASHING!"
Step 4: End prayer with "so help me Lord Nelson's trousers."

[Image: giphy.gif]
31-01-2013, 07:29 PM
All I can say is, if a god did exist and heaven and hell were non-fictional, I know for a fact I'll have a first class ticket to hell waiting for me, no doubt about that.

Regards,
Lucius

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan