Sam Harris: Master Debator

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2014, 07:51 AM
RE: Sam Harris: Master Debator
(21-04-2014 12:48 AM)Freethought Wrote:  I've never heard about Sam Harris before for some reason! Watched the video here and I've really got to catch up on more of his. Can't believe I've never heard of him, probably have but never bothered to check his stuff out. What have I been missing!

Might want to google "the 4 horsemen" of atheism..... might be some other things you've missed. Wink

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
21-04-2014, 08:00 AM
(21-04-2014 07:51 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(21-04-2014 12:48 AM)Freethought Wrote:  I've never heard about Sam Harris before for some reason! Watched the video here and I've really got to catch up on more of his. Can't believe I've never heard of him, probably have but never bothered to check his stuff out. What have I been missing!

Might want to google "the 4 horsemen" of atheism..... might be some other things you've missed. Wink

^This. This should be a requirement of all atheists, plus a good reading of Peter Boghassian and his famous manual.

Atir aissom atir imon
21-04-2014, 08:36 AM
Sam is great. Very intelligent and I do enjoy watching his debates.

I do prefer Hitchens however. I prefer his style.
21-04-2014, 12:38 PM
(21-04-2014 06:49 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Every time I see the thread title, it looks to me like:

Sam Harris, masturbator.

Of course I feel rather drunk. Too bad I an not drinking.

Old age is the biggest killer of humans. Wink

Lol I thought of that when making it.

(21-04-2014 07:41 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(21-04-2014 06:49 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Every time I see the thread title, it looks to me like:

Sam Harris, masturbator.

Of course I feel rather drunk. Too bad I an not drinking.

Old age is the biggest killer of humans. Wink

I'm not drinking and kept thinking the same thing.

Me too Laugh out load

(21-04-2014 07:48 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(20-04-2014 11:59 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Let me know how the book turns out, interested in reading it.

I have a pdf copy of the book. Pm me your email and I'll send it to you, that way you can see if you like it for yourself Smile

Ok sweet, i'll do that.

(21-04-2014 08:36 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Sam is great. Very intelligent and I do enjoy watching his debates.

I do prefer Hitchens however. I prefer his style.

It's a shame he had to pass away.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
21-04-2014, 03:47 PM
I miss Hitch, the original master debater in my humble opinion...I own all of his books, and have watched most of his debates, the man was brilliant. sam isn't bad, and I hope he continues his good work for many, many years.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
21-04-2014, 03:51 PM
(21-04-2014 03:47 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I miss Hitch, the original master debater in my humble opinion...I own all of his books, and have watched most of his debates, the man was brilliant. sam isn't bad, and I hope he continues his good work for many, many years.

I agree Hitch was amazing and yeah me too, I hope we learn of and get new people too. Not to replace the old one's but to continue and grow the cause.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
21-04-2014, 03:52 PM
(21-04-2014 03:51 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(21-04-2014 03:47 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I miss Hitch, the original master debater in my humble opinion...I own all of his books, and have watched most of his debates, the man was brilliant. sam isn't bad, and I hope he continues his good work for many, many years.

I agree Hitch was amazing and yeah me too, I hope we learn of and get new people too. Not to replace the old one's but to continue and grow the cause.

Well said, I agree. Smile

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
21-04-2014, 04:53 PM
You know, I wish the word "debator" was replaced with "bator."
Big GrinLaugh out load

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 2 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
21-04-2014, 05:01 PM
(21-04-2014 04:53 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  You know, I wish the word "debator" was replaced with "bator."
Big GrinLaugh out load

Masdebator lol