Sam Harris on what Romney should say to evangelicals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Sam Harris on what Romney should say to evangelicals
Sam Harris's current blog post is his advice to Mitch Romney on what he can say to Christian conservatives to win their hearts and minds.

For example:

Quote:But my Church offers a further revelation: We believe that when Jesus Christ returns to earth, He will return, not to Jerusalem, or to Baghdad, but to this great nation—and His first stop will be Jackson County, Missouri. The LDS Church teaches that the Garden of Eden itself was in Missouri! Friends, it is a marvelous vision. Some Christians profess not to like this teaching. But I ask you, where would you rather the Garden of Eden be, in the great state of Missouri or in some hellhole in the Middle East?

Sounds like a good strategy.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cufflink's post
16-01-2012, 12:29 PM
RE: Sam Harris on what Romney should say to evangelicals
What's scary is that saying that would actually win some votes.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
16-01-2012, 02:40 PM
To me this proves there is a Shadow Government manipulating things from behind the scenes. It's obvious the Power Mongers like having Obama in office so they've rigged things to only let unelectable people run against him.
Smile

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
16-01-2012, 07:49 PM
(16-01-2012 02:40 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  To me this proves there is a Shadow Government manipulating things from behind the scenes. It's obvious the Power Mongers like having Obama in office so they've rigged things to only let unelectable people run against him.
Smile

You seem to have little faith in the electorate... nobody is un-electable, no matter how ridiculous. Remember how much Donald Trump led by in the polls for a while? And he wasn't a real candidate. Neither was Herman Cain, but he showed us that stealing the limelight can be easy, even while standing on a silly platform and smeared with controversy. And don't even get me started on Sarah Palin.

If Obama was running against an empty paper bag that had a "GOP" written on it, it would still get a sizable chunk of the voters that like to vote along party lines, and another large group that will vote against Obama out of spite. 'Tis the country we live in, my friend.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
17-01-2012, 06:16 AM
Haha wow. That was a funny read.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan