Samaje Perine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Samaje Perine
University of Oklahoma true freshman running back Samaje Perine set the NCAA single game rushing record yesterday against the Kansas Jayhawks.

He carried 34 times for 427 yards and 5 touchdowns.

The record was previously held by TCU's Ladanian Tomlinson set in 1999 with 406 yards, and last week was broken by Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon at 408, but stood for only one week with Perine's performance yesterday.

Boomer Sooner baby!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
24-11-2014, 10:12 AM
RE: Samaje Perine
(23-11-2014 01:27 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  University of Oklahoma true freshman running back Samaje Perine set the NCAA single game rushing record yesterday against the Kansas Jayhawks.

The record was previously held by TCU's Ladanian Tomlinson set in 1999 with 406 yards, and last week was broken by Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon at 408, but stood for only one week with Perine's performance yesterday.

Boomer Sooner baby!

As a UW fan (I live in Madison), I'm a bit miffed about this. 400 yards rushing in a single game is so unreal (I don't think any NFL player has ever cracked 300) that I never expected anyone to top Gordon -- and certainly not the very next week! I guess we do have the consolation that Gordon only needed 25 carries.
24-11-2014, 11:44 AM
(24-11-2014 10:12 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(23-11-2014 01:27 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  University of Oklahoma true freshman running back Samaje Perine set the NCAA single game rushing record yesterday against the Kansas Jayhawks.

Boomer Sooner baby!

As a UW fan (I live in Madison), I'm a bit miffed about this. 400 yards rushing in a single game is so unreal (I don't think any NFL player has ever cracked 300) that I never expected anyone to top Gordon -- and certainly not the very next week! I guess we do have the consolation that Gordon only needed 25 carries.

Adrian Peterson hold the current record (from 1960-present) at 296 yards Minnesota Vikings vs. San Diego Chargers, November 4, 2007. Rushing stats were not kept prior to 1960 so no way to tell what there could have been back in the early days.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
24-11-2014, 05:56 PM
There was still a little bit of glory for OU this season, they've knocked themselves out of contention for the first college football playoff and the Big 12 championship.

Maybe they'll be in the Bluebonnet bowl. Weeping

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
24-11-2014, 06:10 PM
Huh

Baseball, right?

Drinking Beverage