Same sex marriage / Reason and Love Wins

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2015, 07:43 AM
RE: Same sex marriage / Reason and Love Wins
(27-06-2015 07:10 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-06-2015 07:05 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Fuck, that's a lot of paperwork to go through.

No - now everything is allowed. You can marry gay and be in a group marriage with your dog and children. Dodgy

Yeegads...I am still trying to get the last kid out of the house. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2015, 08:11 AM
So yesterday was interesting. I got to find out which of my old high school friends have turned into bigoted assholes Laugh out load

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
27-06-2015, 08:30 AM
(27-06-2015 08:11 AM)cactus Wrote:  So yesterday was interesting. I got to find out which of my old high school friends have turned into bigoted assholes Laugh out load

There were many ways that the last week or two have been enlightening!

My Catholic classmates will be 'reunioning' tonight. I think the decision not to make the trip was a good one.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
27-06-2015, 08:58 AM
(27-06-2015 08:11 AM)cactus Wrote:  So yesterday was interesting. I got to find out which of my old high school friends have turned into bigoted assholes Laugh out load

One of my favorite answers ever given on the show @Midnight was by Ron Funches, when asked "What is Facebook most useful for?"

"Learning which of my white 'friends' is secretly a racist asshole."

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
27-06-2015, 12:51 PM
(27-06-2015 08:58 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  

One of my favorite answers ever given on the show @Midnight was by Ron Funches, when asked "What is Facebook most useful for?"

"Secretly"? On Facebook?

Anyway, really happy to hear the decision. I heard the whatever-their-name-is presenting "arguments" against the Supreme Court decision and it was just slippery slopes and very weak arguments.

Look for yourself (the video is from before the decision):

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 3 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
27-06-2015, 03:11 PM
No, that was Funches' point... people who were previously able to disguise their racist feelings became obvious once they started posting their feelings on Facebook. That was his whole joke!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
27-06-2015, 04:10 PM
(27-06-2015 08:58 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  

It's the biggest reason I don't have a facebook account. My husband does and he's always getting irate at conservative schoolmates and family members. I watch him typing like mad on his laptop, his face is set on angry. That's when I know he's giving someone "what-fur". I just smile. Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
27-06-2015, 05:40 PM
(26-06-2015 08:24 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(26-06-2015 08:20 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  And all the drug chains will be running out of medications for diarrhea. Weeping

Amazing that Anthony Kennedy (a good Catholic) swung the court. But it's still so frustrating that the 4 dissenters STILL don't get that the Constitution was set up to protect minorities from the "tyranny of the majority". Americans don't "vote" on "inalienable rights". Would THEY accept THEIR right to marry be "put to a vote" ? I think not.

"All men are created EQUAL".

What's so FUCKING difficult about that ?

Well you see Bucky, there's this book that lays out where a man can put his dick. If he puts it in the incorrect person, that would mean floods, tornadoes, and earthquakes to follow. Just ignore the millions of deaths called for and done by yahway and just don't put your dick in another guy's butt. Lesbians are cool though.

Yep and there is person after person on Facebook screaming about thus and quoting the bible. Ugh when are they going to figure out that not ALL people believe in the damn book of fairy tails! And when are people going to get it that they don't have the right to tell others what to do or how to do it or with whom!
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post
27-06-2015, 06:03 PM
My old youth pastor just posted something about the nation being on a "slippery slope" to eventual acceptance of non-consensual sex with little kids. Give me a fucking break.

I guess I shouldn't be so surprised, though. I remember at summer camp one year when one of my friends told him privately about his "struggles with homosexual thoughts." Our youth pastor then woke all of us up for an "emergency prayer meeting," outed my friend to everyone, and told us to hold hands and pray. I remember feeling really embarrassed for my friend at that moment, and also felt embarrassed to be coerced into this public shaming. When it was my turn to speak, I deferred to the next person, and said I'd rather pray silently. My friend and I both avoided talking to our youth pastor for the rest of the week.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
27-06-2015, 06:44 PM
Too much? Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post