Same sex marriage / Reason and Love Wins

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2015, 11:43 PM
RE: Supreme Court legalizes same-sex marriage
(26-06-2015 08:35 AM)Learner Wrote:  
(26-06-2015 08:31 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Mods ... maybe merge the threads ?

I apologize for the multiple threads. I only now just saw the thread on the same topic in the Casual Coffeehouse.

Huh, what a stupid place to post this story. This isn't "Casual" This is news. Historical news. The type of news you remember where you were at when you saw it.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2015, 02:15 AM
RE: Same sex marriage / Reason and Love Wins
My boyfriend and I were at a gay pride parade tonight and yup, two assholes were accosting a crowd that was waiting for the shuttle back to their cars. They call gay people abominations, yet I'd say they're the real abominations... It just baffles me that people are stupid enough to group people of a different orientation with murderers and worse.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Philanthropic Misanthrope's post
28-06-2015, 02:16 AM
I find all this very strange, there must be some kind of mistake. I thought that by making gay marriage legal then suddenly paedophilia and marrying animals would become legal too!

Well, that's what people kept saying anyway.
[+] 1 user Likes TheStraightener's post
28-06-2015, 02:21 AM
(28-06-2015 02:16 AM)TheStraightener Wrote:  I find all this very strange, there must be some kind of mistake. I thought that by making gay marriage legal then suddenly paedophilia and marrying animals would become legal too!

Why, just this evening I saw a mountain lion having his wicked way with a 17-year-old Guatemalan wearing a sundress and sneakers.

I don't know if they'd exchanged vows ... I'm worried.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
28-06-2015, 02:46 AM
(28-06-2015 02:21 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(28-06-2015 02:16 AM)TheStraightener Wrote:  I find all this very strange, there must be some kind of mistake. I thought that by making gay marriage legal then suddenly paedophilia and marrying animals would become legal too!

Why, just this evening I saw a mountain lion having his wicked way with a 17-year-old Guatemalan wearing a sundress and sneakers.

I don't know if they'd exchanged vows ... I'm worried.

Well, The United States of Soddom and Gomorrah has alot to answer for.
28-06-2015, 04:45 AM
(27-06-2015 04:10 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It's the biggest reason I don't have a facebook account. My husband does and he's always getting irate at conservative schoolmates and family members. I watch him typing like mad on his laptop, his face is set on angry. That's when I know he's giving someone "what-fur". I just smile. Big Grin

Yeah, that's my wife's take on the subject, as well. She's so infuriated by FB BS that she literally won't even add me as a FB friend for fear of the "splash-over" (her term) to her site from people I engage in combat with on there. She only uses her account like it's Photobucket, to upload photos of our son for the grandparents to enjoy.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
28-06-2015, 04:59 AM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2015 05:03 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
(28-06-2015 02:46 AM)TheStraightener Wrote:  Well, The United States of Soddom and Gomorrah has alot to answer for.

I've heard some version of that phrase, in all earnest seriousness, from almost literally every member of my extended family; my mother, being professorial, was a bit more circumspect in how she worded her posts on the subject, but nevertheless managed to sneak in a Sodom & Gomorrah reference.

I swear I may try to strangle the next family member to whom I have to explain that the only gayness in S&G was when the crowd tried to rape the male angels (who presumably could have flown away, right?)... and it apparently wasn't a gay thing at all, since Lot seems to believe throwing them his virgin daughters would appease them. Luckily, the traveling angels were at spellcasters of at least 11th level Cleric/Wizard, or perhaps 13th+ level Bards, and were able to cast Mass Blindness and Confusion on the crowd. You always want to have your Magic-Users on hand when you're dealing with mythological cities so insane that they'd send a crowd out to go commit mass rape because they heard (helluva grapevine in those cities) that some new guys were in town, and so that homosexuals in the United States could be blamed for this behavior, 35+ centuries later. As Sarah Silverman put it, Jesus Is Magic!

I'm just so exhausted trying to deal with people who, in the 21st century, still think this way... man made of silicate clay... magical, angry, loving, capricious, and jealous (all at once) blood-sacrifice-gods in the sky waiting to judge people for their social behavior... and most ironic of all they object to my statement that we are great apes, when their thoughts convince me more than anything that we're not as "evolved" away from our origins as I'd like to hope. Facepalm

When I hear them screeching about this issue or others like it, channeling the imaginary anger of their imaginary sky god, all I can see is groups of chimpanzees thumping the ground, screeching, and flinging rocks/sticks/poo. Yeah, that's my family!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
28-06-2015, 07:06 AM
I just want to see that pastor light himself one fire, but this is the only good thing the U.S has done in, i don't know to long to count the years

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
28-06-2015, 07:47 AM
(28-06-2015 04:59 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(28-06-2015 02:46 AM)TheStraightener Wrote:  Well, The United States of Soddom and Gomorrah has alot to answer for.

I've heard some version of that phrase, in all earnest seriousness, from almost literally every member of my extended family; my mother, being professorial, was a bit more circumspect in how she worded her posts on the subject, but nevertheless managed to sneak in a Sodom & Gomorrah reference.

I swear I may try to strangle the next family member to whom I have to explain that the only gayness in S&G was when the crowd tried to rape the male angels (who presumably could have flown away, right?)... and it apparently wasn't a gay thing at all, since Lot seems to believe throwing them his virgin daughters would appease them. Luckily, the traveling angels were at spellcasters of at least 11th level Cleric/Wizard, or perhaps 13th+ level Bards, and were able to cast Mass Blindness and Confusion on the crowd. You always want to have your Magic-Users on hand when you're dealing with mythological cities so insane that they'd send a crowd out to go commit mass rape because they heard (helluva grapevine in those cities) that some new guys were in town, and so that homosexuals in the United States could be blamed for this behavior, 35+ centuries later. As Sarah Silverman put it, Jesus Is Magic!

I'm just so exhausted trying to deal with people who, in the 21st century, still think this way... man made of silicate clay... magical, angry, loving, capricious, and jealous (all at once) blood-sacrifice-gods in the sky waiting to judge people for their social behavior... and most ironic of all they object to my statement that we are great apes, when their thoughts convince me more than anything that we're not as "evolved" away from our origins as I'd like to hope. Facepalm

When I hear them screeching about this issue or others like it, channeling the imaginary anger of their imaginary sky god, all I can see is groups of chimpanzees thumping the ground, screeching, and flinging rocks/sticks/poo. Yeah, that's my family!

We must be related. Dodgy

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
28-06-2015, 08:47 AM
Ha! Thinkerbelle is the best online avatar/identity/chat-name I've seen in a long time.

Damn, that's good! Thinkerbelle... hehe. Damn, but I love clever smart people.

Thumbsup