Same sex marriage / Reason and Love Wins

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2015, 07:54 PM
RE: Same sex marriage / Reason and Love Wins
(26-06-2015 12:37 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  Like I said folks. These people are the worst.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/gr...ign=buffer

He's prettymuch just saying religious organisations should not feel as if they have to facilitate marriages of same-sex couples. What's wrong with that? Separation of church and state goes both ways.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2015, 08:26 PM
(26-06-2015 07:54 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(26-06-2015 12:37 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  Like I said folks. These people are the worst.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/gr...ign=buffer

He's prettymuch just saying religious organisations should not feel as if they have to facilitate marriages of same-sex couples. What's wrong with that? Separation of church and state goes both ways.

"The law protects religious liberty not only in houses of worship—but also in schools, in businesses, in the military, in public forums, and in the town square. These protections are afforded to all people, of all faiths," Abbott wrote in the directive. "Yet in the wake of the Supreme Court’s decision, the law’s promise of religious liberty will be tested by some who seek to silence and marginalize those whose conscience will not allow them to participate in or endorse marriages that are incompatible with their religious beliefs."

I disagree with you. This paragraph clearly state that religious people shouldn't be forced to endorse homosexual union and that religious rights aren't a limited to private areas, but to the entire society from schools, governmental institution, work places, city streets. In effect, he is giving authorisation to some religious extremist to refuse to recognise the marital status of certain persons. For example, a company that offers life insurance to its employee and his/her wife/husband could refuse to cover that second persons by negating their marital status. A City could prevent a homosexual marriage to be held in the local court house or Public Park, etc. You can't allow a group of person to pick and choose which laws they will obey and which ones it won't. Opposition to gay marriage is ridiculous and hurtful to a society.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
26-06-2015, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2015 12:15 AM by evenheathen.)
It's just nice to be proud of your country for something. I'm not proud that it took us this long, but I'm proud of us for standing up and proclaiming that we can and will stand for something that is unequivocally a human right and is good. We can and we will change.

We've got a long way to go, it will be hard and we'll have to drag a lot of us kicking and screaming to get there, but we just took a big step in the right direction.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
26-06-2015, 09:24 PM
http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/so-c...x-marriage
This just in: We're receiving confirmation from a trusted source that there was, in fact, no sexual attraction before Jesus was born. I repeat, no one ever ever experienced sexual attraction before the birth of Jesus. Everyone's sex up until that point was on auto-pilot, with Heavenly Father at the helm steering them to a successful procreation. Praise Jesus for bringing us the joy of sexual pleasure, that we may abstain from it. In Jesus' infinite, everlasting glory, Amen.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
26-06-2015, 10:03 PM
Damn no comments section. I was going to comment. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
26-06-2015, 10:09 PM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2015 10:16 PM by cactus.)
(26-06-2015 10:03 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Damn no comments section. I was going to comment. Sad

Oh man, the comments practically write themselves. Laugh out load
Conflating sexual and romantic attraction, that's a paddlin'.
Conflating a legal document of marriage, sexual attraction, romantic attraction, and sexual acts all into one, that's a paddlin'.
Asserting your dominance over someone else's private, consensual bedroom practices. paddlin'. (giggity)
Cherry picking Bible verses, you'd better believe that's a paddlin'.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
27-06-2015, 12:17 AM
Damn double post

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
27-06-2015, 04:37 AM
Today is close to five years of me and Tina having been legally married in Iowa. So for us, today, directly, was not a huge change.

But today was emotional for us. I think about when I was young and considering all of what my life would be after coming out - I would have a pretend wedding, a sort of shared family, we would financially coexist without actually sharing anything, and my friends and family would maybe or maybe not accept some or all of this situation. And yet I still dared to live the life I wanted and was fortunate to find someone completely incredible that was willing to do it all with me.

So yes, today brought a great deal to celebrate about for us personally. But in the end, I want to thank the brave people that pushed their case all the way to the Supreme Court that made equality available to millions today. And thanks to all of my family and friends who have always been supportive.

Being in DC and seeing the White House lit up tonight like this gave me chills thinking about how far we have come. — at White House.

My cousin Heidi's take on the Supreme Court decision. Yeah, this is a big deal.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 8 users Like Anjele's post
27-06-2015, 05:16 AM
(26-06-2015 08:26 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(26-06-2015 07:54 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  He's prettymuch just saying religious organisations should not feel as if they have to facilitate marriages of same-sex couples. What's wrong with that? Separation of church and state goes both ways.

"The law protects religious liberty not only in houses of worship—but also in schools, in businesses, in the military, in public forums, and in the town square. These protections are afforded to all people, of all faiths," Abbott wrote in the directive. "Yet in the wake of the Supreme Court’s decision, the law’s promise of religious liberty will be tested by some who seek to silence and marginalize those whose conscience will not allow them to participate in or endorse marriages that are incompatible with their religious beliefs."

I disagree with you. This paragraph clearly state that religious people shouldn't be forced to endorse homosexual union and that religious rights aren't a limited to private areas, but to the entire society from schools, governmental institution, work places, city streets. In effect, he is giving authorisation to some religious extremist to refuse to recognise the marital status of certain persons. For example, a company that offers life insurance to its employee and his/her wife/husband could refuse to cover that second persons by negating their marital status. A City could prevent a homosexual marriage to be held in the local court house or Public Park, etc. You can't allow a group of person to pick and choose which laws they will obey and which ones it won't. Opposition to gay marriage is ridiculous and hurtful to a society.

Exactly I don't get why religious people think that someone trying to force them to do something. Not everyone is as backwards as them.
27-06-2015, 05:32 AM
[Image: now-even-your-gay-friends-will-be-gettin...-2f7d1.png]

[Image: ssm-640x640.gif]

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post