Sammy Sosa Melanin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2017, 04:55 PM
RE: Sammy Sosa Melanin
(13-07-2017 04:05 PM)Vera Wrote:  Did we learn nothing from Michael Jackson?

[Image: How-to-Have-the-Perfect-Comeback-Mary-Poppins.gif]

On a barely related note, when I was learning Portuguese, I once wrote a science-fictiony/dystopic story about time stopping or rather, people stopping in time, as it were: life went one but they just stopped changing, ever. Over time, people resorted to all sorts of ways of trying to deal with the extreme boredom of it all and one of those ways was as sex-change operation, just to try something new.

I know it's basic, that was like after a couple of months of classes only, cut me some slack Dodgy

EDIT: Dance, Jackson apparently had vitiligo - for real, not as an excuse - and apparently that was the reason he became white. So I guess my attempt at a joke wasn't all that funny, eh?

MJ's was forced by a skin condition. Sammy Sosa seems to be a preference. It must come with some risks.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2017, 04:56 PM
(13-07-2017 04:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 03:57 PM)tomilay Wrote:  It's a bit deeper than tattoos - it's not just ink. But you are right it can probably be normalized. I wonder if it can be reversed.

Black Like Me dude used methoxsalen. Oughtta work.

That might work. If the dude has not messed up his melanocytes.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
13-07-2017, 05:03 PM
(13-07-2017 04:55 PM)tomilay Wrote:  MJ's was forced by a skin condition. Sammy Sosa seems to be a preference. It must come with some risks.

I always assumed (apparently mistakenly) that the vitiligo thing was just a pretext (I guess the other plastic surgery he had done didn't help me believe it either).

And it definitely must come with certain risks... not to mention that he looks kinda... sicklied o'er with a pale cast, to paraphrase Shakespeare a bit Rolleyes With an emphasis on sickly...

Part of me is, if in the future it becomes possible to change our skin colour (hell, why stop at the ones we have now, right?), why not? Another part is - until I see white people willingly (and permanently) choose to drastically darken their skin (suntan isn't really the same), it still gives me the creeps.

Of course, it's none of my business.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
13-07-2017, 05:05 PM
Sammy Sosa also had this transgressions that suddenly he lost his English vocabulary after he was questioned for steroid usage.

Funny the who is sosa lines has me real surprised before I realized I was on TTA and not the Chicago sports forum I also frequent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
13-07-2017, 05:15 PM
Baseball been berry, berry good to heem.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
13-07-2017, 05:50 PM
(13-07-2017 04:14 PM)Vera Wrote:  "It's a cream that I have, that I use to soften [my skin], but has bleached me some."

Some? Facepalm

Also, the verb bleach should only be applied to clothes and the like. Hair at the most. Bleaching a human being, indeed!

I came across a skin care forum once and there was a thread titled something like "Bleaching black skin" or something like that and the ladies with dark skin were discussing how much of a bleach cream to put on their skin to lighten it. It was very curious. I love very black skin. I think it's beautiful.

[Image: 9a3a84c87339c4aa4663e2d2808bf4b0--black-...models.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
13-07-2017, 06:06 PM
(13-07-2017 05:50 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 04:14 PM)Vera Wrote:  "It's a cream that I have, that I use to soften [my skin], but has bleached me some."

Some? Facepalm

Also, the verb bleach should only be applied to clothes and the like. Hair at the most. Bleaching a human being, indeed!

I came across a skin care forum once and there was a thread titled something like "Bleaching black skin" or something like that and the ladies with dark skin were discussing how much of a bleach cream to put on their skin to lighten it. It was very curious. I love very black skin. I think it's beautiful.

Yes it is. Actually I think most healthy skin of all shades looks good in its natural form. An occasional cosmetic tweak here and there within the natural range might work for me. Beyond that it's freakish.

[+] 2 users Like tomilay's post
13-07-2017, 06:40 PM
(13-07-2017 05:50 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

Some? Facepalm

Black skin and gold jewelry. Perfect color harmony.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-07-2017, 08:26 PM
Exactly. I think all shades of skin we have are beautiful, very dark, very pale and everything in between (well, not too sure about ruddy skin, but what you're gonna do, if you blush easily, right Rolleyes )

Like I said, if it became like hair and everyone could change theirs to whatever hue they like, I'd say - why not. Until that day, though, it smacks of something else...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
13-07-2017, 08:52 PM
(13-07-2017 03:53 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 03:50 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Okay, I didn't even know who Sammy Sosa was. For those in my camp, the top picture is the before and the bottom picture is the after.

If we can normalize tattoos and other permanent body art, then we can normalize this.

Sammy Sosa was a baseball player who used drugs to hit home runs.

Which is not nearly as easy as it sounds.

You gotta whip those syringes REALLY hard to intercept a fast ball with enough force to knock it out of the park.

<ducks>

Big Grin

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 4 users Like Dr H's post