Sammy Sosa Melanin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2017, 10:09 PM
RE: Sammy Sosa Melanin
(13-07-2017 05:50 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 04:14 PM)Vera Wrote:  "It's a cream that I have, that I use to soften [my skin], but has bleached me some."

Some? Facepalm

Also, the verb bleach should only be applied to clothes and the like. Hair at the most. Bleaching a human being, indeed!

I came across a skin care forum once and there was a thread titled something like "Bleaching black skin" or something like that and the ladies with dark skin were discussing how much of a bleach cream to put on their skin to lighten it. It was very curious. I love very black skin. I think it's beautiful.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736...models.jpg

I think there's beauty in all shades, and even more beauty in someone who is comfortable inside their own, ahem, skin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
14-07-2017, 07:44 AM
Apparently there is a big market in certain Asian countries for ladies bleaching themselves a bit, to look whiter.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
14-07-2017, 08:06 AM
This really has nothing to do with the topic, but Sammy Sosa is a unique statistical oddity. In the history of major league baseball, there have only been 5 people who have hit 60 or more home runs in a season.

Sammy Sosa has done it 3 times.
Mark McGwire has done it 2 times.
Babe Ruth has done it 1 time.
Roger Maris has done it 1 time.
Barry Bonds has done it 1 time.

Leaving aside the question of who has used drugs as a performance aid, Sosa is the leader in number of 60-home run seasons. However, all of the other 60-home run seasons (Ruth, Maris, McGwire twice, and Bonds) led the league in home runs. None of Sosa's 3 led the league. He finished second to McGwire, McGwire, and Bonds -- timing counts.

Looking at it from another angle, from 1998 through 2001, Sosa's home run totals were 66, 63, 50, and 64. In that 4-year span, he led the league in home runs exactly once -- the year he hit 50 (his lowest total of the 4).

Call me a stats geek, but I find this kind of thing fascinating.
14-07-2017, 08:21 AM
I'd also be guessing that the pic's had its RGB balance played with a bit. B down, and/or R up maybe? I couldn't find any other pics showing him so... uh... pink.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
14-07-2017, 08:26 AM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2017 08:30 AM by Vera.)
(14-07-2017 08:21 AM)SYZ Wrote:  I couldn't find any other pics showing him so... uh... pink.

[Image: sammy-sosa-and-after.png]

[Image: sammy_sosa_001_wenn5382959.jpg]

Strangely enough, in much much older pictures, his eyes don't seem green.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
14-07-2017, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2017 08:37 AM by morondog.)
Jesus Christ Blink That ain't an improvement. Sure hope he can reverse it. ETA: That was a bit nasty of me. He can obviously choose his own look. But I definitely don't like the After pic.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
14-07-2017, 09:04 AM
(14-07-2017 08:26 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 08:21 AM)SYZ Wrote:  I couldn't find any other pics showing him so... uh... pink.

[Image: sammy-sosa-and-after.png]

[Image: sammy_sosa_001_wenn5382959.jpg]

Strangely enough, in much much older pictures, his eyes don't seem green.

I noticed the green eyes too. It might be contact lenses. Crazy as it may sound there's South American and Middle Eastern doctors that permanently changes the color of the eyes with an implant. But the skin bleaching thing has been going on for quite a while. Some African women bleach their skin because a lighter skinned woman is considered prettier. It's nuts. Dark skin is fabulous.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
14-07-2017, 09:04 AM
(14-07-2017 08:33 AM)morondog Wrote:  Jesus Christ Blink That ain't an improvement. Sure hope he can reverse it. ETA: That was a bit nasty of me. He can obviously choose his own look. But I definitely don't like the After pic.

Yep, he looks a lot better dark. A lot!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-07-2017, 11:20 AM
(14-07-2017 08:33 AM)morondog Wrote:  Jesus Christ Blink That ain't an improvement. Sure hope he can reverse it. ETA: That was a bit nasty of me. He can obviously choose his own look. But I definitely don't like the After pic.

He looks a bit like data. Maybe he likes him.

[Image: DataTNG.jpg]

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
14-07-2017, 01:01 PM
(13-07-2017 03:59 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Maybe he has that skin condition that Michael Jackson had. Can't remember what it's called. He looks like he has makeup on too, like Michael Jackson. Maybe the steroids he took sucked up his testicals and made his skin all pale and feminine. I donno.

Michael Jackson was a good looking kid.

It's a good thing he was in show business, because his freaking on surgery made him look like something in a circus sideshow....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.