San Diego: Food & Drink Recommendations?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2015, 04:01 PM
San Diego: Food & Drink Recommendations?
I am in San Diego for the week staying near the convention center. Anyone have recommendations on where to go for food and/or drink? Also, if any of you are near here and are interested in meeting up for a drink or something I would love to meet some of you. (I promise to keep my nipples covered unless specifically requested.) Big Grin

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2015, 04:14 PM
RE: San Diego: Food & Drink Recommendations?
(20-07-2015 04:01 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  I am in San Diego for the week staying near the convention center. Anyone have recommendations on where to go for food and/or drink? Also, if any of you are near here and are interested in meeting up for a drink or something I would love to meet some of you. (I promise to keep my nipples covered unless specifically requested.) Big Grin

Do you have a car ? Are you familiar with San Diego at all ? How much time do you have to drive around ? I live there, but I'm up in LA helping with orientation at Cal Tech.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
20-07-2015, 04:17 PM
I know Thump's from that area of CA. I think Sensei and Bucky might be too? I'm in northern CA--so I don't really know of any off hand.

If you go out drinking, be sure to order a slippery nipple Thumbsup
20-07-2015, 04:19 PM
(20-07-2015 04:01 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  I am in San Diego for the week staying near the convention center. Anyone have recommendations on where to go for food and/or drink? Also, if any of you are near here and are interested in meeting up for a drink or something I would love to meet some of you. (I promise to keep my nipples covered unless specifically requested.) Big Grin

You might consider going to Tijuana and having lunch or dinner at Caesar's.
The Caesar salad was invented there.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-07-2015, 04:22 PM
(20-07-2015 04:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  

You might consider going to Tijuana and having lunch or dinner at Caesar's.

Turkey almost woke up in a dryer on his last drinking excursion (and lost his pants). Turkey + Tijuana = No
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
20-07-2015, 04:23 PM
(20-07-2015 04:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Do you have a car ? Are you familiar with San Diego at all ? How much time do you have to drive around ? I live there, but I'm up in LA helping with orientation at Cal Tech.

No car, but a short taxi ride is not out of the question. I may have a little time later in the week to explore a little, but generally limited to the immediate area.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
20-07-2015, 04:26 PM
(20-07-2015 04:23 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  
(20-07-2015 04:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Do you have a car ? Are you familiar with San Diego at all ? How much time do you have to drive around ? I live there, but I'm up in LA helping with orientation at Cal Tech.

No car, but a short taxi ride is not out of the question. I may have a little time later in the week to explore a little, but generally limited to the immediate area.

Ok. That matters. I'll think and have some recs this evening.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-07-2015, 04:27 PM
I always liked Shakespeare Pub

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
20-07-2015, 04:37 PM
(20-07-2015 04:22 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(20-07-2015 04:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  You might consider going to Tijuana and having lunch or dinner at Caesar's.

Turkey almost woke up in a dryer on his last drinking excursion (and lost his pants). Turkey + Tijuana = No

I know myself well enough to know that if ever I stepped foot into Tijuauna I might never be seen again. So, I'll stay clear of that one.

[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post
20-07-2015, 04:43 PM
I am disappointed that the Fooks aren't playing anywhere until Friday, which is the day I fly out. I still will make at least a quick stop in at The Field for a Guinness and some boxty.